No announcement yet.

The 3.6L e30 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that e34 was nice. i remember when you and mike did that photoshoot before rusty got totalled. that pic in the gas station was awesome

Comment

nice build!
      -Jorge-

Comment

good luck on your build. a friend of mine did this to his 4-door e30 and it's a blast to drive.

Comment

soo soooo sick

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

Looks great so far! Keep up the good work.
            -Nick

Comment

Sick!

Comment

Your e34 is exactly how i want mine. Do you still have any hre's left?

Comment

this looks like money in my pants. i need an e30.

Comment

the e34 was one of my favs...keep it up

Comment

sweet ass project, and i love that m30 sound need to know what exhaust your running!! sent u a pm

sigpic
                      peacocks dig my stance

Comment

Originally posted by 87shark View Post
                        Your e34 is exactly how i want mine. Do you still have any hre's left?
                        nope sold them all.. Both the 504s and 505s are now scarred up

The exhaust in the video was a b&b triflow cat back with everything else stock

Comment

Looks sweet! How far down on the adjusters are you up front?

Lmk if you have any m30 swap questions; I've done 3 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                            Looks sweet! How far down on the adjusters are you up front?

Lmk if you have any m30 swap questions; I've done 3 now.
                            Probably a little less than 1/4" left to go down.

I do have some concerns with coolant hose routing, I think I'm going to run the e30 expansion tank now and I don't know what to use for the heater core. I was planning on running the e34 tank with all of the e34 hoses, which looked like it was going to work beautifully until I actually mounted the tank and realized it sits too high and will hit the hood. Doesn't the e30 m3 have a coolant resevoir on the front battery tray?

Comment

Yeah it does but that would be even harder to run lines to lol.

I'm running a late model expansion tank in my black car. I used the stock e34 hose from the thermostat housing to the heater core and where the hose curls up to meet the e34 tank I just adapted a piece of hose and ran it forward to the tank.

Depending on how far back you mount the engine you might be able to use an m42 radiator and use its built in expansion tank. I test fitted one with my mounts (Joe Funks) but the alternator was too close for my comfort. But my engine sits really far forward, so you may have different results.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                                Yeah it does but that would be even harder to run lines to lol.

I'm running a late model expansion tank in my black car. I used the stock e34 hose from the thermostat housing to the heater core and where the hose curls up to meet the e34 tank I just adapted a piece of hose and ran it forward to the tank.

Depending on how far back you mount the engine you might be able to use an m42 radiator and use its built in expansion tank. I test fitted one with my mounts (Joe Funks) but the alternator was too close for my comfort. But my engine sits really far forward, so you may have different results.

My engine is mounted pretty far back, but i already have an e28 radiator so I'll probably just stick with that. I guess my only choice is to run the e30 tank, have you had any problems bleeding the system with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X