Clear All

• Love this thing! Looks sweet

Comment

• Damn that looks awesome!
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Back from the dead! Thanks guys. I have a bit of tinkering and freshening up to do before I drive it down to Carlisle for the Import & Kit Nationals, but I'll have updates for everyone soon!
        -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
        -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
        -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
        -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• Guess it's time to bump this thread. Been really busy trying to get the Spartan ready for the Carlisle Import Nationals next week. Did a whole bunch of maintenance I've been slacking off on, and got it detailed yesterday. Just a few things left this week and it'll be ready to kick off the show season.

Also spent some time tweaking the front fenders (well, okay, so I replaced them completely). I'll be downgrading to lower-profile arch trim that will keep the fenders perfectly flush, rather than the Aero package trim that sticks out an extra inch or so.

-1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• Wow, those wheels look great. The car looks sooo long.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• FINALLY SOMEONE DOES A SAAB!!!! yes.. This is so badass!

Comment

• Getting packed up for the trip to Carlisle, PA for the Import & Kit Nationals this weekend. Anyone else going?
                -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• This is awesome.

My buddy has a 9-5, plans for air on it, and is going to Carlisle with it
                  My Accord Build

Instagram: @puzzlemaster94

Comment

• Lurking in the back:
                    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• we definately need more saab on this forum...
                      Lucas
                      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                      Originally posted by LCG
                      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• This is sex.

Comment

• I came to the realization the other day that Volvo R Pegasus alloys just might fit my car with the same adapters I use for the Ferrari wheels. I'm not planning on changing the wheels, but I was curious just how close they fit. And it just so happened Stig had a couple 17x8" Pegs laying around, so we decided to give 'em a shot.

Keep in mind there's still room for the suspension to drop, I just couldn't completely air it out due to the block of wood and mismatched wheels/tires. Aired out, it looks like the lip of the wheel would barely kiss the fender arches in the front, and would tuck slightly in the rear. The only issue keeping them from being a perfect fit is that the center bore of the wheels is slightly smaller than the Ferrari bore, so they won't fit over the hub ring. With a short visit to a machine shop to remove about a millimeter of material from the hub bores, these wheels would fit with no problems whatsoever.

Which brings me to the next development in the Spartan saga. My girlfriend and I are planning a rather long-distance move next fall, and I will likely only be bringing one of my current cars with me. I will be reverting the Spartan back to stock suspension for this winter so I can get a jump on selling the parts, then I'll be selling the car and my parts hoard over the course of next summer.

If anyone here is interested in any piece of this build, feel free to contact me about pricing. I will be posting an official for sale thread in the coming months. Thank you all for your continued interest and support!
                          -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
                            I came to the realization the other day that Volvo R Pegasus alloys just might fit my car with the same adapters I use for the Ferrari wheels. I'm not planning on changing the wheels, but I was curious just how close they fit. And it just so happened Stig had a couple 17x8" Pegs laying around, so we decided to give 'em a shot.

Keep in mind there's still room for the suspension to drop, I just couldn't completely air it out due to the block of wood and mismatched wheels/tires. Aired out, it looks like the lip of the wheel would barely kiss the fender arches in the front, and would tuck slightly in the rear. The only issue keeping them from being a perfect fit is that the center bore of the wheels is slightly smaller than the Ferrari bore, so they won't fit over the hub ring. With a short visit to a machine shop to remove about a millimeter of material from the hub bores, these wheels would fit with no problems whatsoever.

Which brings me to the next development in the Spartan saga. My girlfriend and I are planning a rather long-distance move next fall, and I will likely only be bringing one of my current cars with me. I will be reverting the Spartan back to stock suspension for this winter so I can get a jump on selling the parts, then I'll be selling the car and my parts hoard over the course of next summer.

If anyone here is interested in any piece of this build, feel free to contact me about pricing. I will be posting an official for sale thread in the coming months. Thank you all for your continued interest and support!
                            How much for the car suspension and all? I was planning a turbo mini truck as my next build, but this is tempting!

It's a work in progress^
                            Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                            Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
                              How much for the car suspension and all? I was planning a turbo mini truck as my next build, but this is tempting!
                              I'd ask in the neighborhood of $5k if someone wanted to save me the trouble of parting it out myself. That said, the car isn't in that great shape. Rust starting to show under the windshield and around the rear fenders, paint is rough in spots, motor mounts need attention, few electrics aren't working, etc. So I don't really feel comfortable asking that much for the car, even though I could easily make that much off it from all the parts that are good on it.
                              -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• So long, Project Spartan. It's been real.
                                :'(
                                -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Working...
                                X