No announcement yet.

Røvarin, Zic's e28 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent job so far=) I was a huge fan of your e36's and am happy to see another full on build from you.
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• damn. i feel like youve rewelded 90% of the car. cant wait to see it come together.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
        Winning shot right here

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
          Excellent job so far=) I was a huge fan of your e36's and am happy to see another full on build from you.
          Thanks man, means a lot

Originally posted by ryanjblajda View Post
          damn. i feel like youve rewelded 90% of the car. cant wait to see it come together.
          Hahaha, me too. And best part is that I **** welding / general body work. I am an Maritime Engineer and always preferred tinkering with mechanical stuff. Can't wait my self

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
          Winning shot right here
          Can't wait to see it rolling. But it will not be that low it the rear, because if I match the front fitment the car wont be going down the road, it will be sitting on the front subframe. So It will be raised.

All rigggggggggggggghttttttttyy then. This thread is full of pictures, only thing that can make it better, is more pictures.

Started by putting primer on the various parts for the underside of the car, can see the rear sub-frame with gray primer. And my friend hunkered down, mixing some more primer.

I did not put anything down to protect the floor of the garage, and it made a huge mess of everything, so I put something down to protect the floor.

You can see how foggy it is in there. Mmm paint fumes, this is all done in a basement of a house, so it smelled upstairs as well, thank god that the owner of the house is on a vacation in Iceland. He would have been pissed at me.

Got new tingys for the holesies

Got a new ghost face welded in.

Had to replace a bit of metal upwards as well. You can just make out where i have welded it.

So as i have no real experience with body work. I had to call in the special forces. Witch consists of my brother.

So this is why i wanted help. Time to build up the side skirts

But before that, me and my friend that was hunkered down mixing paint in the other picture. Put all the doors on the car, aligned them and got even gaps all around. I was very pleased with how it turned out since, both of use had never done it before. This photo is of my brother cutting the door sills.

Also I did not know how large the gaps should be, so we ended up driving to another man, that also own an E28. At the moment he has the only E28 that is roadworthy in all of Faroe Island. And I asked him if I could measure the gaps, witch he allowed me. Really nice man, owns an 2002i and a few other newer expensive cars such as jag/merc and volvo. But ye the gaps were around 5mm all around.

After a lot of bending, welding. hammering and so on. To make sure all the lines line up, and the the new sills are aligned with the doors. This is the result. The same has been done to both sides.

Here is one random picture, the door sills are cut of. With all the parts put on and aligned.

Ohh, I wish i could get this fitment and get no rubbing, but it will be more camber on the front.
          Last edited by Zic; 12-12-2014, 12:57 PM.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Ow mannn, I really like the work you're doing. Keep it up!

Comment

• Looking good! Those rear trailing arms are so beefy

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Build looks awesome been looking through the page's and everything is looking awesome can't wait to see it painted!

Comment

• Amazing work, looking forward to the rest.
                  _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

• Wow, just wow!

-Timo
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Originally posted by piescauww View Post
                      Ow mannn, I really like the work you're doing. Keep it up!
                      Thanks man

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                      Looking good! Those rear trailing arms are so beefy
                      Thanks! haha yeah sure are.

Originally posted by ruittie View Post
                      Build looks awesome been looking through the page's and everything is looking awesome can't wait to see it painted!
                      Thanks dude

Originally posted by lordicon232 View Post
                      Amazing work, looking forward to the rest.
                      Thanks, can't wait either.

Originally posted by cossie View Post
                      Wow, just wow!

-Timo
                      Thanks man

I'll have some updates when i upload the photos. Car is finally of the rotisserie.
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

• Look good man. Props for sticking with it even after finding all that rust, good to see someone that's not scared of tackling it.

Comment

• Thanks man! Well yee kinda had to stick with it, no way I was gonna ditch the car. When I imported it, it was the only E28 in the country, since then another one has come. But this way I have a car that will hopefully last another 25-30 years.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

• those wheels are real nice. amazing work so far

Comment

• Yeah, The wheels still need loads of work to be complete, machining, painting, assembling, valves, center caps, oh and I still need to order two more lips for the front wheels they are gonna cost me a pretty penny. Thanks for the kind words
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

• Aww yizz, got a date for the paint. 5'th of January. To say I'm excited is an understatement.
                                -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Working...
                                X