Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should be a fun project.

Comment

Wow, that is sick. How much did you originally pick the car up for?

And I'm interested in a custom shift boot, how did you make yours?

Originally posted by checkmate2006
      SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid View Post
        Sounds great. I've been contemplating selling my m3 to get something cheaper to turbo, but you've inspired me :-D.

There's actually a 1600 AA s/c kit on craigslist I'm thinking about picking up, but I'm not sure about that yet.
        There is a definite satisfaction of piecing the kit together, but I'm just ready to be done with it

Originally posted by the dingo View Post
        should be a fun project.

Thank you sir.

Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
        Wow, that is sick. How much did you originally pick the car up for?

And I'm interested in a custom shift boot, how did you make yours?
        I traded my old 540i for it. I had it for 3 years and I lost motivation on it. I clipped a curb with it that messed up the steering box, and I was just done after that

I actually took my stock ratty boot and wrapped it in the material I wanted. MUCH easier than making it 1 off.

Comment

Looking good man, Im going to need a ride in it when you are done.

Comment

^You got it man!

So it's been a rough week for the ///M.

We had a an ice storm down here, and I was stuck at work until 11PM.

The streets were nice and frozen as I left work. 255 summer tires don't cut it

Well I pretty much knew I was going to go off-roading at one point on my way home so I did 10pmh the whole way.

Well, I was preparing for a downhill and let off the throttle, and the engine brake spun me out.

No damage as I was doing maybe 5mph as I slid in the ditch.

A quick shot of the roads:

Check out the carnage further down the hill!

Anyways, after that episode, my sister backs into my car and smashes in the grill and breaks my new grill surrounds.

So a new nose panel and OEM chrome grills will be here soon.

Here is how the car sits now:

Got these in the mail today:

Corners will be installed along with new headlights. OEM looks best on cosmos IMO.

Car is dirty, but it's freezing outside!

Before:

During:

After:

Light output is a lot better, and it's nice to see some contrast.

Until next time

Comment

Looks like a great project! I wish I had the know how to piece together AND fab my own turbo kit like your doing.

Its very inspiring knowing that your under $2,000.

'looks like you have an E46 M3 badge.
              -Nick

Comment

If you would've asked me what a wastegate is 6 months ago, I would've had no idea! Just do a lot of research!

The badge came on the car. I think I like it a bit better than the e36 m3 badge.

BTW, those recent pics of your car really sealed the deal for ambers. Perfect!

Comment

You should have let me know you needed the lights, I have a whole set off my m3 that I totaled. I would have given them to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
                    You should have let me know you needed the lights, I have a whole set off my m3 that I totaled. I would have given them to ya.
                    What! I never even knew you had a m3 actually. I knew ya from the e38 days I suppose. Do you happen to have the headlights?

Comment

Dude, that icy weather sucked hard. I had a couple scary moments too.

glad you and your car made it through safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                        What! I never even knew you had a m3 actually. I knew ya from the e38 days I suppose. Do you happen to have the headlights?
                        I still have the e38 but I had an m3 back in like 2003. I just have the front corners and the tails. I have the sides but I think they will fit in the 7 and I lost the originals from the 7.

My old baby.

Comment

Wow, this is news to me! Let me know if you don't use the side markers, and I will pay you for them.

Nice color, it's a shame it met an early death!

Comment

Look what I got in the mail today!

Pretty stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                              If you would've asked me what a wastegate is 6 months ago, I would've had no idea! Just do a lot of research!

The badge came on the car. I think I like it a bit better than the e36 m3 badge.

BTW, those recent pics of your car really sealed the deal for ambers. Perfect!
                              Thanks.

HA! I guess I just need to start piecing together turbo parts. Sorry If you already posted it, but what are you going to do for a tune? It always seems like a brick wall when I start thinking about custom turbo builds...
                              -Nick

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                                Thanks.

HA! I guess I just need to start piecing together turbo parts. Sorry If you already posted it, but what are you going to do for a tune? It always seems like a brick wall when I start thinking about custom turbo builds...

My car is a 95, so I get the advantage of a chip tune. I traded some wheels for the tune.

The tune is setup for:

draw through MAF
                                60lb injectors
                                stock compression
                                803 MAF

The guy I got the tune from made 470whp on a stock motor.

Not going for that, but we will see

Comment

Working...
                                X