Not your typical Irish Leon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not your typical Irish Leon

I just thought I'd put up some photos of my Leon from Ireland.
    It's not the lowest but im working on it..

Since the photos I've put on a new exhaust, put on rear spacers and lowered the front another lil bit but I now need a new anti-roll bar as its knocking on the driveshaft

Next i'll be changing the tyres from 225/40 to 205/40 for a lil stretch and drop it a bit more

Looks good, like them leon's

Comment

Thought I would update this to show the few changes I've made over the past few years.

Messed around with the standard 16's for a bit and maxed out my coilovers.

A pic of my pretty much standard TDI engine bay.

Then purchased some proper wheels and a few extra bits and started getting it sitting how I'd like.

Which resulted in this,

Went lower on the front and got a full front end respray.

With the final the result being,

Comment

Looks good!

Golf 3 GTI TDI AFN

Comment

i like it, but what are your plans for this build?
          GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
          WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
          "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Originally posted by p-twirler View Post
            Thought I would update this to show the few changes I've made over the past few years.

Messed around with the standard 16's for a bit and maxed out my coilovers.

A pic of my pretty much standard TDI engine bay.

Then purchased some proper wheels and a few extra bits and started getting it sitting how I'd like.

Which resulted in this,

Went lower on the front and got a full front end respray.

With the final the result being,

Really nice build so far. You need some oem side skirts will look much better. Which engine do you have? I have a ARL 150hp engine in my daily Leon. Any issues with the driver's side driveshaft? Cheer mate

Comment

This is one of those cars I'm sad we don't get in America. They look so cool!
              IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

I would update this to show the few changes I've made over the past few years.
                COOL BMW

Comment

Originally posted by JHermes View Post
                  i like it, but what are your plans for this build?
                  The initial plan was to sort the rest of the bodywork and eventually air but a neighbor has offered to buy it so looks like I'm going to let her go and move on to something else

Originally posted by dave81 View Post
                  Really nice build so far. You need some oem side skirts will look much better. Which engine do you have? I have a ARL 150hp engine in my daily Leon. Any issues with the driver's side driveshaft? Cheer mate
                  Yeah I have the OEM sides skirts but it'll probably sold before they go on.

It's only an ASV 110 TDI, I fitted the Cupra kit as it came with the standard bumpers.

I fitted a Whiteline front anti-roll bar to stop rubbing on the driveshaft. This anti-roll bar was designed for lowered cars so it loops underneath the driveshaft to stop the rubbing. It also tightens up the front end nicely.

Comment

A few more pics for anyone interested,

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

The initial plan was to sort the rest of the bodywork and eventually air but a neighbor has offered to buy it so looks like I'm going to let her go and move on to something else

Yeah I have the OEM sides skirts but it'll probably sold before they go on.

It's only an ASV 110 TDI, I fitted the Cupra kit as it came with the standard bumpers.

I fitted a Whiteline front anti-roll bar to stop rubbing on the driveshaft. This anti-roll bar was designed for lowered cars so it loops underneath the driveshaft to stop the rubbing. It also tightens up the front end nicely.

Ok, thanks man. I've switch to 4motion roll bar...It works the same way life yours. But no issues with drive shaft at your frame? I'am driving 17" OEM FR wheels and I have 2cm threads left and the clearance is not much from frame to shaft. May I should try 18" too. Really nice built!

Comment

A few more pics for anyone interested,

money shot! fallin in love with this

Comment

Originally posted by dave81 View Post
                            Ok, thanks man. I've switch to 4motion roll bar...It works the same way life yours. But no issues with drive shaft at your frame? I'am driving 17" OEM FR wheels and I have 2cm threads left and the clearance is not much from frame to shaft. May I should try 18" too. Really nice built!
                            Thanks man

Yeah the 4motion ARB will solve it as well. I don't have much clearance but just about get away with it. I actually hit the front bump stops before the driveshaft catches the frame so never had any problems there.

Don't think changing wheel size will do anything for driveshaft clearance but will definitely help a small bit with ground clearance. When I went from 16" to 18" I found that I wouldn't catch in areas I did previously. Both wheel setups had the same rolling radius but the extra flex in the larger tyres on the 16s caused it to dip more.

Comment

Working...
                            X