No announcement yet.

zr71, 1000hp single turbo 350z roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still skeptical. So far you seem like someone who is just quoting what they've read online, and that's why you get angry instantly when someone mentions it. You do Actually have some nice parts though, so you're a bit further than most people like you.

1000hp is a huge number, man. It takes a lot more than parts alone to get there, and even more to keep it running once you do. Good luck on your build though.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
      Still skeptical. So far you seem like someone who is just quoting what they've read online, and that's why you get angry instantly when someone mentions it. You do Actually have some nice parts though, so you're a bit further than most people like you.

1000hp is a huge number, man. It takes a lot more than parts alone to get there, and even more to keep it running once you do. Good luck on your build though.
      quoting? mhhmmm.
      my names resmarted on my 350z mike in real life. go talk to the shops ive spent nearly 30 grand with. i know every in and out of this engine short of a full bench flow test, im just not going to spend the time explaining all my decision process on a forum that isnt for the chassis. Besides that I sound like I'm quoting because there are a select set of parts and shops that work the best for this motor. Really not to many choices for these builds.
      i dont really care if i come across as crass, im trying to share me really pioneering a completely custom setup and i get guys like you (pre pictures youd say something else) barating me and acting like you know more or something, which in either case doesn't fucking matter to my end product unless you have some constructive advice.
      im going to be tuning this engine for low boost. do you want me to explain how to create the wheelspin % ignition retard map? or maybe the boost by speed that will hold torque levels low to increase longevity due to the weaker eagle rods and a rather stress intensive 1.74ish rod stroke ratio? And to boot increase drivability of this wheel spin monster. or maybe how i wire the relays for the fuel pump ans oil pump? or what wires to jump to make the auto harness work with the manual flashed ecu? i have more pictures and what not of all this... probably not going to post it though. and im very well aware that 1000hp just doesn't fall out of the sky... this cars been apart for over a year.

i get ranty on people like you because its not like i go around telling people im the shit, this is my build thread where ive spent a ton of time and money to get to this point. its been more than frustrating and difficult so getting shit for no reason other than being on the internet pisses me off. remember im sharing with you, i dont get paid, it takes time out of my day, and is purely for the love of cars. you're not doing me any favors.
      you're either going to get where im coming from on this or not.

anyway, in a bit ill upload 1 or 2 pics of the manifold/turbo money shot. we barely shoehorned it it but we managed and it looks like its going to flow like a hurricane. we also managed to fit a full 3" chargepipe to the intercooler which all the other mid mount setups dont have :-D
      Last edited by zr71; 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM. Reason: typos out the ass
      Glide Boy zr71
      Want to see my car and or me talk shit? Entertainment guaranteed either way
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32175

Comment

Originally posted by zr71 View Post
        quoting? mhhmmm.
        my names resmarted on my 350z mike in real life. go talk to the shops ive spent nearly 30 gramd with. i know every in and out of his engine,im just not going to spend the time explaining all my decision process on a forum that isnt for the chassis.
        i dont really care if i come across as crass, im trying to share me really pioneering a completely custom setup and i get guys like you (pre pictures youd say something else)
        im going to be tuning this engine for low boost. do you want me to explain how to create the wheelspin % ignition retard map? or maybe the boost speed that will hold torque levels low to increase longevity due to the weaker eagle rods and a rather stress intemsive 1.74osh rod stroke ratio? or maube how i wire the relays for the fuel pump ans oil pum? or what wires to jump to make the auto harness work with the manual flashed ecu? i have more pictures and what not of all this... probably not going to post it though. and im very well aware that 1000hp just doesnt fall out of the sky... this cars been apart for over a year.

i get ranty on people like you because its not like i go around telling people im the shit, this is my build thread where ive spent a ton of time and money to get to this point. its been more than frusterating and difficult so getting shit for no reason other than being on the internet pisses me off. remember im sharing with you, i dont get paid, it takes time out of my day, and is purely for the love of cars. you're not doing me any favors.
        you're either going to get where im coming from on this or not.

anyway, in a bit ill upload 1 or 2 pics of the manifold/turbo money shot. we barely shoehorned it it but we managed and it looks like its going to flow like a hurricane. we also managed to fit a full 3" chargepipe to the intercooler which all the other mid mount setups dont have :-D
        Where is the Goddamn LIKE button!?

Comment

It is where it belongs: In retard-book
          Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
          Oh, and your car too.

Comment

<3

im in love. straight up no bull just doing it is the most effective route. always gonna be skeptics ignore em'. we need more time with you working on the car then screwing with these foo's and wasting time.lol

Comment

moneyshots, and last post was on android... sorry for the crapshoot typos.

Wastegates still haven't been put on, next needed is the exhaust which I have all the stuff for already (vbands, flex pipe, vibrant muffler 4" aluminum).
              Oil system is 70% done kind of. I have a bit of the hose, the pump the feed line, reservoir tank is being fabbed this week. The relay too... Fab only gets done on the weekends because my buddy who does it works weekdays, I don't mind and I appreciate how much time he puts into it for me.
              Glide Boy zr71

Comment

Is the lowest point of the car going to be a silicone intake coupler??? .. I'm glad it's not going to be air-bagged, dragging floor-pans

Comment

can i ask why you have the turbo setup down there? not really in the direct path of cool air is it. plus wont it get clogged up with all the crap from the road? every turbod z ive seen has the turbo in the bay?

Comment

... it's like, why would somebody buy a ferrari or an aston when they could do this?

This is a 1000X cooler and fasterer and plus you get to build it yourself (the best part... next to driving it!).Props for doing a full out build bro, hope you hit your numbers and don't wrap it around a pole.

Also bitchin plymoth/chrysler van man.

Comment

I've seen the Dynosty 350z run in Cincy. Wow. You're building a rocket

My Intro Here:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50512
                      My E34 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54494
                      My '78 CB750 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56809

Comment

I like the build thus far, not a huge fan of everyone bitching and moaning about someone questioning the build when up until 6 posts ago there was just pictures of parts, but I am glad that the build has some legit pictures now to back up the words...anyway, I cant help but question the decision to put the turbo way back there, wouldn't it make more sense to through it somewhere even above the engine bay and cut a hole in the hood, Ive seen that on several cars pushing 800+ HP but I have never seen anyone put a turbo that low to the ground or that far back in a car, just seems prone to getting hit...and hot as hell from the transmission...would like to hear your reasoning, maybe you are a genius and we are all still trying to figure it out

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 84 Jetta Diesel

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                          I like the build thus far, not a huge fan of everyone bitching and moaning about someone questioning the build when up until 6 posts ago there was just pictures of parts, but I am glad that the build has some legit pictures now to back up the words...anyway, I cant help but question the decision to put the turbo way back there, wouldn't it make more sense to through it somewhere even above the engine bay and cut a hole in the hood, Ive seen that on several cars pushing 800+ HP but I have never seen anyone put a turbo that low to the ground or that far back in a car, just seems prone to getting hit...and hot as hell from the transmission...would like to hear your reasoning, maybe you are a genius and we are all still trying to figure it out
                          More than a few cars have done the mid mount on the z's now. It works to 680whp so far (that was on a smaller turbo and less efficient designed hotside piping).

Basically you can't fit the downpipe anywhere easily when mounting the turbo up front. Hal's car has a full custom radiator/front end support. I'm not as bold as that. Multiple top mount singles struggle with having a large enough downpipe to flow. Turbonetics kit is garbage past like 12psi for that reason (tiny dp with tons of bends), momentum performance is better, but they don't make much more than 550whp, just under 600whp rarely with a gt37 (vs gt35 originally) when in reality should be making closer to 700whp (with the proper hot side). Powerlab kits also had similar problems flowing, and the kits would just hit a wall in power. Also when you use those kits there is a lot more piping pre turbo which kills exhaust velocities.

Next, for a single, this is the simplest and straightest way to pipe the hotside.
                          Next, in california, not having a turbo sticking out of your hood is a good thing LOL
                          This is lower than the other mid mount cars definitely, but it uses longtubes which will increase exhaust velocities for sure and has the sideways mount turbo which will help even more. Frankly this should be the hardest spooling single out there IMHO. Too bad ill be rolling in the boost! I bet if I had a block that could take it I could have good power from 4k but i'll likely tune it to after 5k... 5252 to be exact.

When you work on one of these bastard cars and see how tight everything is STOCK, the appeal of remote mount turbos becomes very clear.

The lowest point of the kit is actually the front of the flange (manifold side) and the compressor housing is right after that. We have a bracket that supports the weight of the turbo (off the compressor housing) which we will angle up a bit more... Should get another oh half inch of clearance. Which will make the car totally driveable on stock suspension.

I actually talked to a guy yesterday about setting the car up on bags... that would be a nice idea... That way I can dial in the heights properly.

I'm not sure how building an engine and posting pictures of that is 'just parts' to you. This engine is a bitch. like a money hungry bitch that doesn't put out.
                          Last edited by zr71; 07-09-2012, 07:04 PM.
                          Glide Boy zr71

Comment

I like this, and I love your attitude.
                            1981 300TD 4 speed
                            2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                            , on Flickr
                            IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Originally posted by zr71 View Post
                              More than a few cars have done the mid mount on the z's now. It works to 680whp so far (that was on a smaller turbo and less efficient designed hotside piping).

Basically you can't fit the downpipe anywhere easily when mounting the turbo up front. Hal's car has a full custom radiator/front end support. I'm not as bold as that. Multiple top mount singles struggle with having a large enough downpipe to flow. Turbonetics kit is garbage past like 12psi for that reason (tiny dp with tons of bends), momentum performance is better, but they don't make much more than 550whp, just under 600whp rarely with a gt37 (vs gt35 originally) when in reality should be making closer to 700whp (with the proper hot side). Powerlab kits also had similar problems flowing, and the kits would just hit a wall in power. Also when you use those kits there is a lot more piping pre turbo which kills exhaust velocities.

Next, for a single, this is the simplest and straightest way to pipe the hotside.
                              Next, in california, not having a turbo sticking out of your hood is a good thing LOL
                              This is lower than the other mid mount cars definitely, but it uses longtubes which will increase exhaust velocities for sure and has the sideways mount turbo which will help even more. Frankly this should be the hardest spooling single out there IMHO. Too bad ill be rolling in the boost! I bet if I had a block that could take it I could have good power from 4k but i'll likely tune it to after 5k... 5252 to be exact.

When you work on one of these bastard cars and see how tight everything is STOCK, the appeal of remote mount turbos becomes very clear.

The lowest point of the kit is actually the front of the flange (manifold side) and the compressor housing is right after that. We have a bracket that supports the weight of the turbo (off the compressor housing) which we will angle up a bit more... Should get another oh half inch of clearance. Which will make the car totally driveable on stock suspension.

I actually talked to a guy yesterday about setting the car up on bags... that would be a nice idea... That way I can dial in the heights properly.

I'm not sure how building an engine and posting pictures of that is 'just parts' to you. This engine is a bitch. like a money hungry bitch that doesn't put out.
                              Cool, yea in california your not gonna get away with the turbo sticking out of the hood, didnt realize this was a 1000hp street car, anyway, sounds like you have it figured out, I suppose on stock height the setup being where it is wouldn't be an issue, but I cannot imagine driving with that amount of power on bags, I mean you could go coils and dial it in still, I cant imagine wanting to be that low with that turbo setup where its at...no?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 84 Jetta Diesel

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                                Cool, yea in california your not gonna get away with the turbo sticking out of the hood, didnt realize this was a 1000hp street car, anyway, sounds like you have it figured out, I suppose on stock height the setup being where it is wouldn't be an issue, but I cannot imagine driving with that amount of power on bags, I mean you could go coils and dial it in still, I cant imagine wanting to be that low with that turbo setup where its at...no?
                                Well my interest would be that If I went multi stage custom, I could sit higher than stock for bumps with a push of a button, and then back to about an inch lower than stock (for looks), and then do a multi stage system.... So that in different gears I get different rates... Low gears more squat, higher gears similarly soft suspension but progressively harder to increase high speed stability.

Yeah it's a street car, actually going to technically be a DD. Obviously I'm not going to roll around on the 1000hp setting, but there'll still be plenty of power on low boost (likely around 600whp).
                                The secondary goal behind that is highway queen and eventually a roll cage and interior strip down (retaining a/c, but loosing stereo, power seats etc) for standing mile purposes. But that's much further down the road. A few years from now likely just like the suspension lol.
                                Glide Boy zr71

Comment

Working...
                                X