No announcement yet.

zr71, 1000hp single turbo 350z roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing is gonna be vicious! Good luck on the build Also looking forward to seeing body pics but the motor sounds like its gonna be a fucking beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Jesus, people in here need to get over this "zomg there is no hard core fitment this shit is gay" bullshit. This build is way cooler than "look I put coilovers and wheels on my car and it's done." This is true build. I may not like Zs but I can truly appreciate the work that is going into this, and given what I have read so far, will look seriously fucking mean when it's done. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. OP if you want some custom coilovers for your application please let me know, we would love to help you out!
      Actually that would be fantastic! I may have to save up for a while for that, but the Z always comes with very stiff rear rates. I'd love to have a soft rear spring with proper valving, and true coil over mounts. That car that runs 9.3 actually has megan coils so that it can be as soft as possible. The only thing softer out there are MDU's . I would consider running them but even at a super cheap 550$ I'd rather not have to keep replace blown out coils. Would definitely go super low with this car if I could get some of those bucket thingers that hks so greatly overpriced (not about worrying with scraping, more like worrying about a rear blow out! when tire meets fender LOL).

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
      EL O EL

Originally posted by tstacks View Post
      Glad someone said it man. This IS a "FITMENT" forum, but some people don't realize that fitment is a fucking broad-ass word.

Sick build dude! Can't wait to see this thing thrashing the streets!
      Thanks! It will be a DD. A babied car/highway pulls only DD but DD none-the-less. Pumpgas+octanebooster+water meth for highboost tune. Probably going to save up for a tune at SP Engineering in City of Industry (they held the gtr world record before ams!!)

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
      I know enough to know that 1000hp is a massive number. It just sounded like the 250mph Passat or any of these other "claiming massive numbers before its even built" internet builds.

I'm not doubting you, Do work, post dyno.
      Thanks! Just a heads up, you can always tell if its a race motor by the pulley. If they're running an unorthodox racing pulley they're a joke (or just like spinning bearings). If they're running an ATI super damper (which usually costs around 500$ depending on the engine) they aren't fucking around!
      Originally posted by jacbo View Post
      In for posi-camberz
      Lol! only because when pulling under boost it will still pan out to neg camber
      Originally posted by StiltnerCor View Post
      You're skeptical because you don't know anything about builds
      YOU'RE skeptical because you don't like chocolate covered raisins. They're actually pretty good imo.

Thanks for the ups guys. Now if I could just find that fcking dremel, and sell my non used twin turbos... SHAMELESS PLUG hmu if you want a good deal on precisions lol

Because of all the attention just going to add a little bit more of the eye candy:

Last edited by zr71; 06-19-2012, 05:14 PM.
      Glide Boy zr71
      Want to see my car and or me talk shit? Entertainment guaranteed either way
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32175

Comment

Just shoot me a PM when you're ready dude. Stoked to see the progress of this.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Still curious about the stock trans internals holding up.

Comment

oh baby, this is the kinda shit I would like to see more of. A real fucking building. My car wiener is hard with anticipation.
            tumblr
            myata

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
              Still curious about the stock trans internals holding up.
              The transmissions in these cars have a bad stigma because of a lot of lemons in the earlier transmissions.
              The best transmission (one that I bought with 6k miles on it) is a cd009, has triple cone syncros in gears 1-3 (maybe 4) and double cones afterwards. Much improved from the cd0001 / 8 (just general pre 05). Nobody seems to have any issues with that tranny, and I know one guy putting down over 850whp on dynosty's dyno (really low reading dynodynamics) and slipping on a twin disk os giken clutch

Although that being said, Sound Performance put down 1200+whp on the older version of the transmission and only broke an input shaft launching at 5k+ with full slicks.
              The only difference between the new and old tranny (besides less lemons) are the things between the gears. The gears themselves are the same.

Engine's in the car and holy fuck that was a pain (because of the longtubes). Need to re connect a ton of shit including the steering shit because that shit and my other shit, weren't having each others shit... if that shit makes sense.
              You need to love your car, sweetly before she will love you back:

Last edited by zr71; 06-21-2012, 01:57 PM.
              Glide Boy zr71

Comment

So, I'm guessing that with the long tube headers that this is going to be a remote mount turbo setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  So, I'm guessing that with the long tube headers that this is going to be a remote mount turbo setup?
                  ^ x2. could be a really sweet thread, in for more progress!

1993 1993 3000gt VR4
                  1988 BMW 325 (for sale, PM me for details!)
                  1991 s13 hatch

http://breatheslowbreatheslow.tumblr.com/

Comment

subs for insane power i gotta see this

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                    http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post

Originally posted by PJ Prendergast View Post
                      ^ x2. could be a really sweet thread, in for more progress!
                      ^ I could imagine how it would sound being long tube & turbo combo

Comment

yeah mid mount turbo is the new thing with the z's this day. Boosted Performance makes one that's really affordable, makes great power, customizable (big single can go even bigger than my turbo, mediums for stock block etc) and super, super easy to install.
                        This one wasn't really copied from his, it's similar but I had thought about mounting the turbo near the tranny before I had seen Sasha's, he just helped me change my mind from twins to single lol. Although he beat me to the punch by a long shot.
                        Car's going to have a remote oil system too. External tank, exa pump, filter... etc.
                        Glide Boy zr71

Comment

Originally posted by Arteeste View Post
                          ^ I could imagine how it would sound being long tube & turbo combo
                          That's part of the reason why I'm going this route...

I **** the way most turbo z's and g's sound tbh. It's not the worst but compared to a good N/A exhaust LOL. The only good turbo sound i've heard is the sts kit, but those things are mounted waaay too far back. exhaust gas velocity drops and temps drop... reducing efficiency. The headers should preserve the velocity and temp to the turbo better than most other mid mount turbo setups for this car... but we'll see for sure. Should sound good though.
                          Glide Boy zr71

Comment

Fab was done today (not completely done, but started, most of it is done)
                            Bad news:
                            Car won't be done before stance works avila
                            Car won't be low, probably will stay stock height. The turbo has about 4" ground clearance with stock suspension, and since I'm looking for power first and reeming my turbo into the ground LAST, it wont get lowered until I come up with the $ for a baller ass suspension.

Here's a little pic... I'll likely upload the hotside piping pics I have tomorrow... I'm just too tired to give a fuck right now.

Last edited by zr71; 07-09-2012, 02:20 AM.
                            Glide Boy zr71

Comment

Goddamn. Can't wait to see this finished. This thing looks mean as FUCK.
                              Sub'd for the ensuing epicness.

Comment

yes
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X