Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few pics from Sundays meet!

Comment

Was bored at home last night so I had a wee test fit of how the 9.5 et26 with 10mm spacer will fit on the front of the vert

Pretty excited!!!

Comment

Never saw the second page, I feel stupid
        Not a cop

Comment

Finally fitted my refurbished rocker cover!!!

Before

After

Also took my carbon air box off to clean and inspect pipes underneath! They were all like new!!!

Not much of an update really! Just been driving the thing and enjoying it!!

Had all the guys round for winter servicing and noise finding because if you own a BMW your going to have a noise you can't find lol!

Boxing Day found me picking up an iPad of Russ then going 70 miles to my cousins! And on the way the rain was a joke!! No more than 50 the whole way there!! Stayed a few days and on my way back noticed the car felt a bit lumpy like I had a square tyre!

Funnily enough I did!!!

Searched high and low for another falken452 in 225/40 flavour and no one had any then by stroke of luck my mate told me about a shop he's going to so I looked online and they had one ok the shelf so that was purchased

After this had sorted my wobble! I decided to treat the car to a wash on Saturday and I got in the back to pick something up and noticed the leather was a bit damp so I took the rear seat out only to be greeted with 2 puddles 5cm deep in the back seat area!

Took the hardtop off to put the soft top up to check the drain holes and nothing zip nada! No movement so released the motors manually then lifted the roof out and way hey I've got a village of mould people living in my roof lining!!!

Some how the roof has got wet for god knows how long and it's soaked everything! Managed to unblock the drain holes last night!

Currently working on the roof everything works apart from the front motor but if input power to it it works fine! Hmmmm!

Hard top is back in the garage and this is how it stands at the moment

What a bad car year!!!

found the problem last night to my non working roof, the microswitch in the boot had chewed its own wires right next to the switch some how, i poked it and it fell out of its holder! Went home and found I had another micro sensor on my spare bootlid looked brand new so saved a few quid! Went and fitted it!! Disconnected the metal bar that runs from the boot button to the boot mech! Fitted the switch put it back! Closed boot and tested roof! Tonneau cover motor must have not been clicked back into place so I went to onen the boot to click the motor back into place! Pressed the boot button and NOTHING!! Wondered why it never worked them remembered the bit that joins to the button i never re connected!! what a fool so I had to cut a square behind the plate to get into the boot! Not tested it yet as I'm pissed off lol!

Bad car year

Comment

Not Much Been Happening lately! just been surviving the snow! had a little bit of fun going sideways every now and again!

Here is a Few Pics Ive mustered up this month!

And i got bored of looking at the snow so went and did something creative lol

Little update due to lack of funds at work! Still haven't been paid since before Xmas do the spending has come to a stop!

Managed to get this DSSR from UUC thanks to Ben!!!

Can't wait to get it fitted it feels amazing!!

Got round to finally fitting my ac schnitzer short shift along with my UUC DSSR!

All I can say is wow the gear change is like heaven now! 3rd down to 2nd is amazing!!

Just a few pics of the mess I caused Lol

As you can see plenty of space

And from uptop <3

Thanks for reading guys

Disappointing week really!

Went to brands hatch Monday and met Ben chatted for a while then got ac all from power engineering in uxbridge showing they had a cancellation! So shot up there ASAP!!!

Kinda glad that I did because when on the rollers the guy told me what I had already predicted that the car was running very lean!

Here are the results

253 bhp
            He only went to 5.5k as he said he didn't want to go higher incase bad stuff happened lol!

So the past few days I've been reading into alpha n and it does really blow your mind!!

I've taken the airbox off again to find anything obvious like vacuum leaks or split pipes!!

This is all for now!!

I will get to the bottom of this!!!

Comment

Well car is now off the road and the wheels have been taken on to rebuild and now its sitting on my RAYS 1 Peice Cast light weight racing wheels on slicks! ha ha

specs are 17" 9J ET20 all round

They fit like a Glove!

Just a few cheeky pics!

Because Racecar :P

Well today it was nice and sunny as I was running about for work I loaded the van and took the wheels to the tyre shop!

From there I took them back to work

Then set about un doing the 140 nuts and bolts

Ended up playing with a coloured Center I had to see what it would look like! It looked smart but I don't think it's me lol colour coded Center are a no no!

Once I'd finished faffing around I ended up with this

So this is where I'm at just awaiting my rear dishes and sorting out the centres and get tyres then ill be back in business!!!

Well after work today i got a bit busy with my wheel centers!

And i finally fitted my Acs decals I've had made in a color you can't get from the dealers

That's today's updates!

Comment

Well spoke to a few people about getting some sand blasting done and no one local was willing to do it at a decent price so I set about making my own makeshift sandblasting kit!!

Basically it's an old barrel with a suction fed hand sand blaster with a piece of cardboard over it to collect the sand and put my hand into!!

Nothing special but it works bloody well!!

Thanks for reading

Comment

Ill just leave this here

Well after a lot of faffing with the new dishes and centers they are on there way back to Germany!!!

Bloody custom built and my centers don't fit!!!

So on the way back to take the dishes back, croydon to staines my van decided to break down 6 times and was abandoned in sunbury tesco!!

To my amazement I was scanning the interweb as you do! And stumbled across a scruffy listing of an ac schnitzer wheel! No other info just a few crummy pics!

As I looked through the pics the penny dropped I noticed it was an 8 series 10j et20 which is what I've scoured the globe for and it's finally appeard on my doorstep!!

Emailed the guy and a deal was done! Flew over to kent as soon as I could and picked it up!!

Long lost brother

So watch this space wheels will be done sooner than I thought as I'm trying to edge my dish supplier for a refund on my ones he has heading to Germany!!

Also today Becks has dropped of the final piece of my puzzle! Big thanks to Matt for getting them for me then passing them on to Becks to deliver!!!

Sorry about the naff photos! I'm tired

Acs side skirts!!! They need a fair bit of work but ill get them looking good again!!

Slowly but surly the wheels are getting finished! Dropped my 3" dishes to dips for polishing and then I've been working on the centers

Rubbing down after a little priming!!

Comment

On to the sideskirts, they were very rough condition when i recieved them, I am currently removing 500 layers of pain and filler!!

Managed to find this cheeky bugger under it all even though i thought it had been lost :P

Well I'm pleased to say I don't think I could have picked a better color! I'm in love with alpine on the wheels! Intact if I get time ill spray the whole Car

Just need to pick up my dishes from dips and get building!!!

Been going into far to much annoyance looking for this fuel problem I have!

Recently fitted a walbro 255 lph fuel pump replacing my Evo one!

Guess what........ No Joy!!

So I decided to take the car apart as much as I saw fit before getting angry with it lol

This is what ended up happening

I stuffed all the inlets with tissue to stop stuff falling in after these pics!

I cleaned up all the throttle bodies whilst they were out!

I decided to take all the injectors out and check seals and I decided I was going to get them cleaned at the same time, i phoned a few places and got quotes of around 15 pound per injector plus the vat! So this looked like it was going to cost a bomb!

I read up online and basically they are cleaned in a ultrasonic cleaner then blasted through with cleaner at high pressure to flush them!

Being the keen DIYer that I am I took this on as a home job! I've got an ultrasonic cleaner and I made a device to power the injector while pressurizing the injector with carb cleaner!!

Looks clean

But look what I ended up with

Rough mock up of my plan

And here's a video of it in action! I wired a push button Upto it so I can pulse it like a true injector!!

It's all back together now after replacing and cleaning the fuel pressure regulator too guess what!!

STUTTER STILL THERE!!!!

It does drive smoother now that I've cleaned it all up but upon full throttle o still get the horrible stutter at around 2.5-3.5k

Leads me to believe the last thing on the list...... ECU!

Comment

Well as of last night my wheels are in good Hands! Saves me faffing and foofarring around lol

Pulled my finger out finally and fitted my boot install! Got a few plans to modify this

Also today managed to get one side skirt on and ready for a bit more fettling before fitting!!

Oh god dam! Literally just jizzed my pants from an amazing text from the grand master dips!!!!

And just a few pics I took today!!

Thanks for reading!!

Comment

Well they are on!! Ill let a few pics do the talking

Fronts are 9.5j et26 with a 12mm spacer making them et14 with a 215/35

Rears are 10j et20 with 225/40

Thank you everyone for your kind comments as I type I'm currently at work with a roller and a long night ahead of me ha ha!

Let the stance begin!!!

Also a cheeky new feature I've added can anyone spot what it is?

It's pretty obvious lol

Well last night alot of rolling and stancing went down!

ive still got alot more work todo!!

here are some progress pics!

This is how i want it :P

ill be working for plenty of nights to get it like this!

Comment

Well well well! after plenty of heavy stancing the rear is sitting near how i want it! going to let it settle then adjust it again to perfect it. ill let the pics to the talking!!

Also Managed to get another cheeky ACS addition!!

Sorry i know its a naff photo! lol

Comment

Just a few pics how it currently sits, haven't touched the front yet as I haven't had a chance!!!

Ha ha thanks Neil I shall now be known as charlie big potatoes!! Ha ha

And Matt it's still settling lol!

Ill put up a few (naff iPhone) pics that I have of the new lows lol

Cheeky new feature see if you spot it

Well the past few days ive been dealing with the new lows! lol

heres what ive had to do to my droopy driveway!!

Ha ha all went well and now i barely scrape on the driveway!!

I have finially got to the bottom of my running issues! can say the car is running very well and it quite scarily quick now! ha ha

lets just say it involved me a laptop and some amazing help!!

turns out all along it was the dodgy map ( i knew it from day 1) so now i have a new map on the ecu i have no 2-3k jolt, no lean-ness! all is running well!!

Lastly i have been waiting 2 months for this but it finially came yesteray!
                            Its a plate flipper ive mounted it and sorry but i love it!

heres a vid of it in action!!

Comment

What a cracking weekend!

Literally!!!

Managed to crack my evo sump! So far I've heard a few people say its not possible it sits too high up, you'll be mistaken when your cross brace decides it doesn't like your sump and hits it for the when bouncing of a raised drain cover!!!

So that's all coming down tomorrow and will be repaired and fingers crossed back together by Thursday latest!

Also got a sneaky carbon update this time a pretty big one

Carbon roof cover

Thanks for reading guys!!

Well well well...........

Sump repair went well, even though its a VERY long and boring job its done fitted and working well!!

Glad its running again my van was getting boring to run around in lol!!

This badboy also arrived in the post

Can anyone say MIlltek De-cat!

This thing is so light weight over stock it also saves 9.19kg becasue you know you need weight saving on a vert ha ha.

Heres a comparison shot...

With it fitted the car sounds so amazing, purposeful yet suttle when you want to. Its also freed up a large amount of power as there is hardly any exhaust restrictions now! Carbon Airbox = More air in, De-cat = More air out, The Pair = Perfection!!!

Thanks for reading guys!!

Comment

Well got the carbon roof cover on finally! Gotta admit it does look bloody amazing!!!

Went to the homegrown meet which was pretty interesting to say the least!!
                                Got two nice pics of me and Ricky!!

Sunday came and spent some time playing cars again lol

So all in all a good week lol!!

Got a cheeky little video made by mex
                                too!
                                This is "Joe & Ricky | HomeGrown" by Mexican on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Slowly getting the car ready for this weekends festivities lol!!

Well attended players classic this weekend and got a lovely tan (sunburn)

Here's a few pics that were taken and a few I've found!

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X