X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no words.... it's just too good
    sigpic

Comment

• During the last couple weeks I've been finalizing body work, finding old crappy bodywork, digging it out , fixing it and re working a ton of areas I didn't think I was gonna have to. Quarter panels, tailgate, tailgate filler, roof. It got to the point that rather than fix every little ding and dent on the car (which I really didn't want in the first place) I decided to impose a deadline for paint of Saturday evening. What I got done was done and what wasn't could stay. I picked the OEM '66 Volvo color code of #90 Morkbla (dark blue) after looking at an original 1966 PPG color chip book. The paint that was mixed looked a little off from the chip, but paint in the can always looks different from dry on the car so I wasn't sure what to expect. I tried looking up online in a Volvo Amazon Registry photo album, but there seemed to be several variations on code #90. The color on the car couldn't be more perfect. It's grey under some light, dark blue under less light and a nice medium blue in the sunlight. I wanted a vintage looking color. I completed the body work I had time for (including bumping the rear wheel wells out 10mm more) and primed the whole car with a nice high build primer. I had to work on Saturday so the car had to just sit and wait till 7:00 when I got off work. Several hours of sanding later and I started masking. It wound up being an all nighter, but it was worth it. Here's the pics.

Comment

• Then I slept a bit on Sunday and the wife and I gave our daughter some "special day time" because her brother was staying with the grandparents. Since I had Monday off the wife let me go in for a bit before we headed to my in-laws for Labor Day dinner. I was able to get a bunch of the front end together.

Several variations of the color:

A play on my 220 version of a 123 GT. I'm eventually have them carved out of aluminum and flood/fill the areas with paint.

Comment

• Wow that paint looks good! I like that color alot

Comment

• paint came out great
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• only thing that popped into my head with the last few updates has been

fuck

in a good way of course

Comment

• fucken wow. absolutely love it. outstanding work.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Coming along very nicely bud.

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• i have got to say i came into this post just cuz i was bored but holy lord im happy i did, amazing build my friend. the copper hard lines and copper vc look so delicious. keep up the good work!
                      E36 Bonnie

Comment

• sweet jesus this build thread is amazing.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

• That build thread, Sir, is full of win!
                          Subscribed immediately.
                          My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
                          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

• Sorry to be slacking on the updates guys. I had to do some long hours so I could get in on a photo shoot while Greg Keysar was here from Maryland. I'll do an update for rear suspension work tonight. Should see some of Greg's pics by the end of the week. Here's some camera phone pics to hold you over for a sec.

Adam

Comment

• When are you getting your final wheels? I can't wait
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                                When are you getting your final wheels? I can't wait
                                Gotta wait till I'm driving this thing full time so I can sell my 245 to buy the Salt Flats. Still on a budget here.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                                X