Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now on to the rear slides

Comment

• The giant calipers make a return! Also adding an OE gas strut to hold the hood.

In some more “bummer”-ish news, my entire department is being eliminated at work in six weeks. Which means the spend on this build will be dropping to next to zero. I’ll still finish paint and some other misc stuff, but the project will be going into hibernation a bit. Hopefully I can just enjoy the car as is for a while and not HAVE to do anything to it. Sorry guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Atom View Post
        In some more “bummer”-ish news, my entire department is being eliminated at work in six weeks. Which means the spend on this build will be dropping to next to zero. I’ll still finish paint and some other misc stuff, but the project will be going into hibernation a bit. Hopefully I can just enjoy the car as is for a while and not HAVE to do anything to it. Sorry guys
        Oh no.... Sorry to hear that. Glad you'll finish the paint though, this would be a bad stage to leave the car in.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the job.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Sorry to read the bummer-news too...
            Hope you'll find a better job, that allows you more family and projects time, but still brings in enough dough.
            Great work on the car, as always.
            "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
            Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Tell you what, I am in a financial problems myself, BUT since this is one of the greatest builds I have ever seen, if you make a fond or whatever is called to collect money to finish the build I will be more than happy to donate some. I really hope you will find your way out of this situation. You seem like an incredible dude and I am sure everything will be just fine. Let us know if we can help you out somehow.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I appreciate all the well wishes. It will turn out for the best. It’ll just require some effort (the best things do). I mostly feel a bit of an internal sense of obligation to just keep everyone in the loop. It always sucked when I’d read about a bad a$$ build that just stopped with no updates and no info. Honestly, I’m guilty of that as well so I just wanted to let everyone know what’s going on if things taper off for a while. I wouldn’t ever do a GoFundMe or anything for my project, but at some point I was planning on putting together some merch that would be a way for people to support, but get something in return. When I get to that point, I’ll be sure to let everyone know.

Comment

• Honestly this is my favorite build thread on Stanceworks. Because it's not the "perfect" choice of car, or engine, just a guy building it to his own unique specifications and aesthetic.

Comment

• Masked up. Ready for a wipe down and roll into the booth tomorrow. Video will be up in YouTube of the masking shortly.

Comment

• It’s done. A couple runs to clean up. Not bad considering I haven’t sprayed a complete in over ten years ��

Comment

• Back home and ready to start the reassembly process. Weird thing that the doors look a different color even though there’s the same amount of material on everything and staggered overlaps. Oh well, I’ll deal with it later. Time to get to work

Comment

• From my device I don't see no difference between body and doors color in the pics, is it there "in real life"?

Very nice btw, new color suits it very well

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                            From my device I don't see no difference between body and doors color in the pics, is it there "in real life"?

Very nice btw, new color suits it very well
                            I notice it less in person. The last couple of pics I took make the fender look darker. Apparently I picked the only non-metallic, non-Pearl flip paint in existence

Comment

• Unmasked, handles in, all the seals back in, hood emblems in, re-blacked out the rear wheel wells, pressure washed the engine bay and loaded more parts in the car to start painting tomorrow.

Comment

• looks so nice in white

Comment

Working...
                                X