Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats for the newest member!

Comment

• So much more still to do. Enough for tonight though. I was feeling really overwhelmed by the scope of what I have to do to this thing early today and was a bit discouraged, but I forced myself to go out and start moving metal again. I’m glad I did. At least I made some progress. Tomorrow’s another day.

Nothing cool is easy and nothing easy is cool.

Comment

• Mental note, don’t leave the gel coat tip in the primer gun. Good thing this needs to be knocked back a bunch still.

I only had it roughed in with 36g, but the weather this week is spotty, so I needed primer on it today. Pretty much the whole quarter has at least a skim of filler on it, but I didn’t have to “sculpt” anything, so I’m good with it. Still need to mess with the transition between the upper radius and the flat, but I think it was that way before as well. Not bad for another “driveway shop” project.

Comment

• looks great man

Comment

• No new car pics really.

Decision made.

Comment

• As I said on r3v:
              Love the color choice! I secretly wanted you to pick white, because I love white cars with red interior.
              Super excited to see the results!
              "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
              Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• i imagine the white against the chrome making the car seem "older" than other colors, but I love white cars and am very anxious to see how this turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                  i imagine the white against the chrome making the car seem "older" than other colors, but I love white cars and am very anxious to see how this turns out.
                  May, or may not help that I’m planning on painting all the chrome. Not white, and not black either. Maybe that’ll be a surprise.

Comment

• Off to his new home

Comment

• Great progress.
                      If not white, if not black and not chrome, then it MUST be .. COPPER??? What do I win for guessing? A photoshopped photoshoot of our cars together?

Comment

• It’s a rental home. With a truncated timeline and rain in the foreseeable future forecast (just say NO to alliteration) I’m borrowing some shop space through the weekend.

If I can remember, I’ll set up the GoPro and do some time lapse stuff

Comment

• So excited, can't even hide it.

Comment

• yes to the time-lapse please

Comment

• If you want to give input, you’ve got until 6:30 AM PST tomorrow. I’ll be setting up a go pro doing time lapse photos. Do you want really wide angle (like gets almost all of the shop), medium side view (mostly just the car) or more from the front back? I’m only gonna set it up once and leave it for the next batch of days. Except to download when it gets full.

Comment

• Medium side view. We would like to see the car and what you are doing on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X