No announcement yet.

I ♥ my Sonderklasse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I got the drivers side head off, no bent valves and other than just being dirty there's no real wear on the pistons or the cylinder walls. I might have gotten lucky with a low RPM guide failure. Going to unbolt the trans and get the motor on the engine stand tomorrow.

And this little guy is the reason my motor died.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

• So glad for updates!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkyoshi154 View Post
        So glad for updates!!!
        Lol, me too man. I've finally got stable work so I'm busting ass on getting the car done.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

• So here's what my Sunday consisted of.

Got the Euro logs off, going to be packing them up and sending them off to my friend Josh this week, I don't need them anymore. Going to have a good friend's shop make me a custom set of long tube headers when it all comes back together.

I started getting the trans off the motor. That's not oil, that's black trans fluid.

Pretty sure this trans mount is dead.

This is where I got stuck for like 10 minutes. I never noticed the small piece of aluminum holding everything into the trans at the bottom of the trans.

Almost off.

Yay! Off!

Got the converter off as well. That took like 3 pry bars and 2 people to get the damn thing off. The snout is really in there.

Driver's side cam. Notice the broken cam bearing. On both sides the same bolt hole snapped.

Then I had some friends over to help me lift the motor onto the engine stand.

Lower oil pan off, you can kinda see the pump.

Upper off now too, looks good underneath don't see any damage.

Almost bare block.

One of the cam bearing bolts decided it was going to strip completely. So I hacksawed the bitch off.

After both cams were off, and all but one of the head bolts were off the last one stripped out. So I'm going to have to buy a bolt extractor kit for this one. No hacksawing this time, I wanna keep my heads lol.

I've never been this sore in my life. I need to workout some.

Comment

• sweeeetttt

'08 335i

Comment

• Updates!!!! Yay!!!!

Comment

• Any updates here?

Comment

Working...
                X