Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex's 92 Hilux Pickup (NZ) So. Many. Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReidFraser View Post
    I'm a huge Hilux fan! Yours I gonna look great on the brew wheels.

If you have not already seen it I suggest you check out Nigel Petries UTE. Although a bit different then what your doing still an inspirational build.
    http://engineeredtoslide.com/
    Thanks man! Yea I've been following the drift ute for a while now. Would be hard to top the quality of his work Can't wait to see videos of it going sideways.
    | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Comment

Originally posted by Brimmy View Post
      Cheers! I'll put up proper specs once I've got sick pictures of them on the truck

For now, they're 17" Steelies with Negative offset!

Who the hell buys a 17" steely! haha. They weigh half a ton, about 16kg per wheel! Which is about 35-40lb I think? And thats without tyres :S
      sounds good.

yea I heard that a 15 or 16x10 rim weighs almost 50lbs!!

my buddy tried to order wheels from diamond for his 240sx but they told him they were too heavy for the suspension lol. you have to lie and say its for truck.
      IG dubmr2

Comment

Looks Great! `

Comment

Dude this is insane, the BEST truck in NZ hands down.

Comment

Thanks dude! That's a mint compliment I don't think i'd agree tho, there some pretty amazing stuff out there

Comment

Is everyone buying dwindows now? Lol. Nice looking truck man, the steelies are going to look damn good on it.
              The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
              Originally posted by Dubway5887
              I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

I like where this is going..A LOT

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rksphotography3

Comment

Thanks guys.

So today sucked pretty much the biggest, smelliest balls one could find.

When they sent the order, all the way from the states, looks like they thought it would be a good idea to only label one of the box's 5x114.3. the other 3 boxes they must have just grabbed thinking they are all G. So after stuffing around for many hours today and finally getting the tires on there, found out the other three boxes are 5x120.

. Very, very .

Its a packing error at the USA end by the looks of things. But mainly it means probably a good few weeks delay before these are on the truck.

F###ing yay.

Comment

ouch
                    sucks dude! was so keen to see them on the ute.

Comment

That blows!! I was excited to see them on there. I LOVE my diamonds.

Comment

Heard back from the NZ distributor, and the wheels are out of stock at the manufacturer in the states. So they have apparently been prioritised to be built and to be fast tracked here hopefully by plane. But I'm sure this will take a while as they are quite a big company. Lets hope I see them within the next month...
                        So updates then! Haha.

Comment

In for this. Such a sweet ute! I'm a born and bred Hutt lad, so will keep my eyes peeled wherever I go.

Comment

Haha Cheers! If you've got a ute, we have meets every month.
                            Details are normally posted on this page : https://www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends

Comment

Man that sucks about the wheels!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                              Originally posted by nickskater09
                              I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Nice build man... BTW the center caps for the Zaubers should look like this. I have the same wheels going on my Surf.

Also for the rear wing/spoiler. If the rear window frame is the same as the 4runner/Surf check out this one I got from ebay Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X