No announcement yet.

In search of stance: my 99 grand prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually really liking where this is going, please no hood with a scoop though! takes all the class youre looking for away. maybe some shave action?
    @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Originally posted by bakerdd View Post
      I did some rough photoshops of vip style wheels and it didn't really look right haha. Here's a picture I made a while ago before I started any of the recent stuff. This isn't my car in the picture, but i shopped the wheels on it and I guess that would be a little closer vip maybe. or at least its a better idea of what bigger wheels might look like.

Thanks man, I'll have to check it out. I love pick n pulls

Thanks! Sorry man, I sold the mustang wheels a while ago
      That looks sweet.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
      And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Damn dude, looks good. Nice to see another different platform going low.
        94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
        94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
        --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
          Needs to be wider + camber in the rear to make dat a$$ look real sexy

Whats up with that black fender?
          That side has had a dent on it since I've had the car so that was the side I chose to try out rolling the fenders on first. I'm glad I figured it out on the one that was already bent because I messed up a few times and it looked really bad haha.

I'll probably wait to paint it when I decide to paint the whole car. I kinda like it for right now. wrong color mint fender > bent up white fender

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
          The OP had smaller tire, but the gap was way too big for the maxed out coils.

I like this a lot man. I think you may have to source a shorter shock so you can go lower
          I have almost found a shorter shock. The guy who makes my coils used to offer an option with koni struts vs the kyb ones that I have and theres a guy on the pontiac forums with them. He claims that they're shorter than stock and his max ride height is a little lower than stock. These would work perfect for me, I just have to find a part number or at least some dimensions. I'm not sure why he stopped offering them, hopefully its not because koni discontinued them.

Originally posted by Dwob View Post
          actually really liking where this is going, please no hood with a scoop though! takes all the class youre looking for away. maybe some shave action?
          Thanks! I've seen some shaved gp's and its not really my taste. Usually its the door molding thats removed but it gives it kind of a plain, too clean look. It doesnt really look like a gp anymore without them. And those hoods aren't my style either so don't worry haha. The only one I like is the gtx hood, but I don't know if I would even do that.

Comment

nice ride man and good work so far!

http://www.mvip.com.au
            clicky^

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate all the love!

I was hanging out at my grandma's today and the sun hit my back tire just perfect to light up the goodyear letters and make them look painted. I think it looks kinda cool but I haven't decided if painted letters are coming back lol.

And I love side by side before and after pics so here you go!

Comment

more low and your golden. idk about the copper blqs lol

Comment

I'm going to say no on the BLQs. Definitely get some nice wide wheels, meaty tires, rear camber and this thing would look sick (already looks good). I love the meaty tire look, just a little stretch and it's good.
                  BMW E38
                  That White Evo
                  -SOLD
                  instagram @kbuss
                  flickr

Comment

is this a nascar forum now?

Comment

That side trim looks like a giant pickle stuck to the side of your car.(its just white and not green)

Maybe you should shave your pickle to make it look nice N clean?

Just how I see things though.

Nice car though.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

That photoshop was done about a year ago haha, I wouldn't do blq's now.

I need to go lower still and I was going to try and find a shorter strut to use what I have now, but now Im thinking that if I'm gonna be looking for a strut thats not the "correct" size or really made for my car, I might as well go look for some proper coilovers meant for another car and see if I can find some that will fit or that I can make fit. Possibly another GM car is pretty close to mine like a cobalt or one of the other pontiacs like the solstice or g8. I'm not sure where to start looking though

Heres an idea of the shaved side molding, this guy also shaved his door handles which I wouldn't do but I just don't know if I like it. I still kinda think it just looks plain.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                          Yeah, man that looks kinda funky.

I really like it now, the fatter tires give it a kinda "muscle car" look, which compliments the rest of the car really well i think
                          agreed. the muscle car look definitely works with this

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by Oceandrive-Phat View Post
                            is this a nascar forum now?
                            Really? nice constructive crit. Totally unnecessary.
                            Originally posted by bakerdd View Post
                            I need to go lower still and I was going to try and find a shorter strut to use what I have now, but now Im thinking that if I'm gonna be looking for a strut thats not the "correct" size or really made for my car, I might as well go look for some proper coilovers meant for another car and see if I can find some that will fit or that I can make fit. Possibly another GM car is pretty close to mine like a cobalt or one of the other pontiacs like the solstice or g8. I'm not sure where to start looking though

Heres an idea of the shaved side molding, this guy also shaved his door handles which I wouldn't do but I just don't know if I like it. I still kinda think it just looks plain.

I would suggest you go to a JY grab your a strut from a car like yours and walk around test fitting. Then, once you find one try to fit you top hat on it or swap hts with the shorter strut. Honestly, you may just have to find a car with the same style struts that have coilovers options and just by those.

I completely agree that the shave looks blah.. it look like something is missing

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I like it alot! Would like to see it a bit lower. Ever considered using shorter springs for your coilover?
                              sigpic1998 Volvo s70 na auto
                              kinda low, kinda loud, really slow. check it.
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35112

Comment

Sub'd for diversity & future lows.

Comment

Working...
                                X