No announcement yet.

In search of stance: my 99 grand prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little tip... Cherry Bomb Glass pack where the resonator was and a pair if their Turbo mufflers sounds amazing on the 3800 series II motor

Sent from the toilet, bed, road or garage using Big T 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuss View Post
      little tip... Cherry Bomb Glass pack where the resonator was and a pair if their Turbo mufflers sounds amazing on the 3800 series II motor

Awesome, thanks man. I always hear about certain mufflers on these cars droning at highway speeds and its really hard to get a straight answer on what sounds good.

I took a quick trip to sonic and a car wash after rolling the fenders tonight
      I need some legit pictures though

Comment

It did have a slight drone but that's nothing a solid sound system won't fix...and I know where you can pick up a super charged motor for bout 500 bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
          The wheels and tires are def a step in the right direction. I personally would like to see a staggered setup on the car.
          I'd like to try out staggered too, or maybe just some spacers in the back so i can rotate tires. I think I could easily do 10" wide in the back.

It did have a slight drone but that's nothing a solid sound system won't fix...and I know where you can pick up a super charged motor for bout 500 bucks...

Haha thats right I would deal with the drone if i could get a nice grumble at idle. Where can I get that motor?

Comment

Don't go vip style, vip works on full size four doors with long wheelbases, not pontiac coupes.

You're definitely going in the right direction, wheels are good, fitment is good, its all good.

Happy to see somebody working on a uncommon platform

Comment

Cape Fear Pick N Pull in Wilmington

Comment

nice GP GT, looks good with them wheels. keep it up. if you arent useing them Stang wheels you can send them my way for my Fairlane

03 cavalier
                73 Super Beetle
                68 Fairlane-aka FastLane
                "I Got More Watts Then Youve Got Horse Power"

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                  Don't go vip style, vip works on full size four doors with long wheelbases, not pontiac coupes.

You're definitely going in the right direction, wheels are good, fitment is good, its all good.

Happy to see somebody working on a uncommon platform
                  I did some rough photoshops of vip style wheels and it didn't really look right haha. Here's a picture I made a while ago before I started any of the recent stuff. This isn't my car in the picture, but i shopped the wheels on it and I guess that would be a little closer vip maybe. or at least its a better idea of what bigger wheels might look like.

Cape Fear Pick N Pull in Wilmington

Thanks man, I'll have to check it out. I love pick n pulls

Originally posted by ScrappinBeretta View Post
                  nice GP GT, looks good with them wheels. keep it up. if you arent useing them Stang wheels you can send them my way for my Fairlane
                  Thanks! Sorry man, I sold the mustang wheels a while ago

Comment

Comment

Yeah, man that looks kinda funky.

I really like it now, the fatter tires give it a kinda "muscle car" look, which compliments the rest of the car really well i think

Comment

Needs to be wider + camber in the rear to make dat a$$ look real sexy

Whats up with that black fender?
                        slamburglars.com

Comment

I would of spent 8 min. and hit that fender with some white paint before installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                            I would of spent 8 min. and hit that fender with some white paint before installing it.
                            I'd do what the OP is doing and wait to do it correctly.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

needs much less tire.
                              If you're ordering custom adapters, call 775.530.2483 to make sure you are getting exactly what you want. Thanks

follow on IG: eurotrashapparel

Comment

Originally posted by bradp@adaptecspeedware View Post
                                needs much less tire.
                                The OP had smaller tire, but the gap was way too big for the maxed out coils.

I like this a lot man. I think you may have to source a shorter shock so you can go lower

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                                X