No announcement yet.

Project : BluePrint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get it either. Even told the guy that the alignment cams were on the front only, and even on the lower control arm so it wouldn't be a pain to get to when on the lift.

Oh well. I don't think he liked my response. Might have been me laughing after he told me that.

Comment

Yup going to an alignment shop sucks. The last shop I went to told me I was to low and they needed to charge more and that was when I was only on sport springs. After than I learned how to do my own alignment.

Truck looks great tho!

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Appreciate it guys.

And I was able to get my alignment so no more issues with that. Time to work on the e-brake cable.

but went outside this morning and it got me thinking...

Flat/satin blue paint job? I think so...

Comment

Originally posted by blurred View Post
          a few more shots since I have been playing with a lens I just got.

what camera and lens are you using?
          @DollaDollaDill

Comment

With that shot, I think it was a Canon Rebel XT and a EFS 10-22mm lens

The last 4 or five shots that I posted, my phone.

But I am now able to access a Canon 7D with the same lens above and an EFS 18-35mm.

Comment

Alright, feel it's time for another update since I was able to knock out some modifications that were somewhat necesary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              1-16-2013

So, the next modification was planned to be some work on the exhaust system... but this opportunity fell into my lap.

These are some VRK projector lights that one of the members on my other site that I frequent built for another friend. The one that owned them, Forrest, passed away expectantly at the age of 27. I helped rebuild his truck, installation of these lights included, for his parents after his passing. Then the truck was sold and the current owner pulled them. Luckily, I noticed this and was able to snag them before he tossed them out or sold them locally.

The green "demon eye" LEDs that were installed do not work in the passenger side headlight and I don't plan on pulling it apart right now.

However, I will be pulling these apart eventually and have a couple different ideas that I plan to look into with some LEDs for them.

I have some new bulbs on the way as one of the bulbs looks a little worn out. Once I get them in, these will be installed in the truck.

Will be my favorite modification to the truck, though not the last. :naughty:

however, can we say... moarloe?

1-19-2013

Blah, so I did more work because the drone from the cat sitting on the crossmember has been killing me.

and then we did this

and now it's back in the truck. Need to cut the back section of the tail pipe off and do a turn down tip just off the muffler. This will free up a little more room for exhaust to flex.

Damn this crossmember has been a pain in the ass. :lol:

1-20-2013

Well, the 2nd cat is gone, the pipe from the muffler is gone and things are where they need to be. Don't have a turndown on it but will pick one up soon and just slap it on there.

The exhaust is a little throatier, but not enough to be all "Wooooooowww" or "Riiiiiiiiiiiice"

but it sounds good.

from a stop and gunning it, the truck seems to have lost a little on the take-off but surges when it hits the mid rpm range. Obviously seat of the pants dyno, but I can definitely feel a difference.

Now I can't wait for the tune.

And my bulbs. Can't wait for the bulbs.

Little bit later

Installing the turndown.

Also installed the headlights. Thanks rooster.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand finished it all up and pretty happy. The turndown changed the tone a bit, but once the idle levels off it sounds fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for the updates right now.

I found out that I installed the coils and shocks incorrectly and placed an adapter/spacer in there that wasn't necesary. Will be puling both sides and attempting to drop it another half inch to an inch in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Dang this thing looks slick! Keep up the good work, I like where this is headed.
                1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

1-24-2013

So, the fact that I haven't been running caps has been bothering me for a while. so... I decided to take a leap of faith.

Almost want to do the whole rims like this. :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  1/26/2013

With this stuff there is easily too much or not enough to look right. Or, you go stupid and do the whole thing and it looks awesome, which I would love to do. However, I cannot justify the cost of a full wrap on this thing. Would rather just paint it.

But, here is an update since the hubcaps.

With the help of the wifey, I wrapped the cross bar just to see what it would look like. Either epic win or complete fail. There wasn't going to be a middle ground with this. :lol:

From this, I thought "Fuck yes, I nailed it!" loved the look with it sitting there.

Then I got it on the truck.

Yeah, no. The jury's decision was guilty of fail, sentenced to ridicule for stupid. However, I felt there was room for an appeal.

This was a buddies idea, which I am kinda liking. We will see when I pull it out of the garage and actually take some photos.

Might be able to get it out and snap a few today, but who knows. Will post them up if able.
                  Last edited by blurred; 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I saw you the other day i told my wife to pull over so i could tell you how badass your truck was. She was like who is that i said a badass dude on S/W.
                    This is STANCEWORKS!

Comment

Beaut truck!
                      Yeah, I'd say it looked better without the camo.
                      I think if the camo had blue in it instead of the grey it would flow a lot better.
                      To match I guess the same with the caps for your rims.

Or

Just do the Chevy symbol and leave the cross line blue.
                      Then it's just a little extra badass touch

Keep up the great work!

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

Loving the Camo
                        [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Originally posted by Da_Ollies View Post
                          I saw you the other day i told my wife to pull over so i could tell you how badass your truck was. She was like who is that i said a badass dude on S/W.
                          That shit's funny.

Originally posted by Tomahawk View Post
                          Beaut truck!
                          Yeah, I'd say it looked better without the camo.
                          I think if the camo had blue in it instead of the grey it would flow a lot better.
                          To match I guess the same with the caps for your rims.

Or

Just do the Chevy symbol and leave the cross line blue.
                          Then it's just a little extra badass touch

Keep up the great work!
                          I am right on board with you. The camo on the bow-tie is the last step. Did the bar as a test, removed a little and actually liking it as it's growing on me. Going to go out and remove the U in the grille and see how it looks. but here are some more photos from today.

Comment

looks much better with the blue strip in the middle.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

i'm so into this build ! love it !

Comment

Alright, well, this was merely a test to find out what I like.

I have always ***** that U that came with the Xtreme's grille. I have a side project for another grille that is waiting on some fiberglass work in order to be complete. This will help push me to complete that in my spare time.

The "arctic camo" is here to stay, however in a different way than above.

The rims will be pulled, one by one, and I will actually paint them with a similar style. I might stick with one spoke, I might do the whole rim. I really don't know. The single spoke has really grown on me. I will also be doing up a spare bowtie that I have sitting in the garage.

Not really sure why I posted this up here since there really isn't an update, just me putting some thoughts into writing.
                                Last edited by blurred; 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X