No announcement yet.

Project : BluePrint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was watching Cars with my son one night and decided to see what I could come up with on this truck.

Comment

• 11/08/2014

And I'm up to no good once again.

Due to the fact we had a gift card and my wife and son didn't want anything at best buy, I did this.

Not really necessary but it works out good, especially since my wife and son leave stuff in my parking spot in the garage, which I don't see until I notice her running out to move it as I am about to run it over. :lol:

Anyway, finished that up just a moment ago. Forgot about the damn headunit cable that had to be run to a reverse signal.

And then I went winter mode. :gd:

The bumper is on one of my work tables and the grille is in my cabinet. They will not be run during the winter. Right now, I don't have a plan for a front bumper during the winter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      11/10/2014

Then some maintenance happened. Maintenance... weeeeeeeee

hopefully changing the transmission fluid and filter this second time (since owning it for about 17k miles) will clear up the last few issues from neglect over the previous owned years...
      Last edited by blurred; 11-16-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• 11/14/2014

I have been eying these things for a very, very long time... a friend mentioned something at meet that gave this a swift kick in the ass. So, I traded the roof rack for them.

So then, I walk out to the garage and do the obligatory comparison shot.

Okay, so I am a smart guy right? I like to think so. I wire these puppies up because it's so dang easy and stuff. I mean, I do it so fast Elena leaned out into the garage and was like "Slooooooooowwwwwww Doooooooowwwwwwnnnnnn....."

Test the lights, they work!

Hit the hazards and I get the hyper flash...

Then I searched my site's How-Tos and found the fix. Had to swap the plugs for the wires to get everything to work correctly.

I'll get some shots tomorrow if I pull the truck out of the garage. Compared to stock (in the garage with the garage lights on and just comparing against the wall reflection) these things are really bright. I know, everyone says that. Well, everyone is right.
        Last edited by blurred; 11-16-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• 11/15/2014

I'm happy happy happy..

While I am a huge advocate of not blinding oncoming traffic with improperly aimed bright headlights... I'm okay with the fact that these is bright.

Now, people that tailgate me (as I drive the speed limit or just a little over) and traffic coming up behind me while I'm stopped/slowing will be like

and I'm all like

Now I can't wait for the "I didn't see you stopped" excuse if someone does actually rearend my truck...

Comment

• And today I dove into this dumb idea...

Then I started cutting and welding..

Then my welder tip broke. So I had to stop. Got to either pick up some different tips or a new welder sometime this week. Still have to pull the bottom edges in a bit more to be happy with it, but it's getting close.

Comment

• That's pretty neat!
              -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Lined it up tonight and got the bottom sitting where it needs to be. Now it's time to shape and weld.

Comment

• I always said I wouldn't drive a truck... but i would rock this shit every day! Sickest static truck i've ever seen on this site, can't wait to see progress on the fender flares those are gonna be badass
                  Instagram @emcsquared90
                  Impala SS build "Lowering the Daily"

Comment

• That's quite the compliment... I appreciate it.

As for the way ahead...

In the next month or so I plan to swap out the upper control arms for some Michigan Metal Works UCAs to get rid of the camber up front, replace the midpipe with a solid cat-less pipe and swap the muffler out with a Borla ProXS.

The interior is probably going to happen as well this winter if funds work out as they are supposed to, but that's not a priority at the moment.
                    Last edited by blurred; 11-18-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Was able to mock the tires up for a turning radius check and see if I like it... I must say, I like it. As it sits right now with the 1.5" spacer on there, I have some trimming on the bumper and the back of the fender flare. Shouldn't be much of anything really.

terrible chops... oh so terrible. But gives the idea of what I am shooting for.

Comment

• sexy af
                        Instagram @emcsquared90
                        Impala SS build "Lowering the Daily"

Comment

• I did this today, no turning back now...

And wrapped up for the night. Very happy with this turnout.

and for anyone curious about this process... it's a slow one. Click on it, it's a video. :lol:

Comment

• Well, today was a good day. I picked up two S/W shirts for a great price (love the Lowly Gentlemen one I have) and also finished one of the four flares I am building.

Very happy with how this is looking!

Comment

• Congrats on the Street Trucks reader's ride of the month!!!!!!!! I was flipping through my new Street Trucks and your truck jumped out at me!!!!

-Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• HAHAHA, that bottom one cracked me up!! Thank you, I'm stoked about it. While it's not a feature, its a full page print.

and more work.... or play. Whichever.

Comment

Working...
                                X