No announcement yet.

NickL's E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big build man! Like it a lot so far, sub'd for more!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

Welp, got tires mounted today. My camera died after taking pictures of the way the rears are mounted, so ill get pics of the font struts tomorrow. Front top hats were cut into triangles to fit in the tower. Ill toss up some pics of the rear setup. Also ran every airline and hooked up all my switches and gauges. Just gotta wire up the compressor tomorrow and she should be done. We'll see what happens!
      [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

those wheels are gorgeous, following this thread all the way

Comment

what are those wheels? Can't wait to see the finished product!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

nice job man keep the thread updated

Comment

awesome!.

thats gonna be on the floor literaly

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Well. Kinda ran into a problem. Front fitment is on point, basically like 1mm of clearance when aired out, BUT, the wheel rubs the strut. So I'm assuming it needs like a 3mm spacer to clear. Maybe a little more. So, after the spacer, I'm pretty sure the fenders won't go over the tires when airing out.

So I'm just gonna pull the fronts a little.

Hmm. Also camera battery has been dead so no pics. But the car is together. Ill snag some pics when I go home to work on it next week.
                Last edited by NickL; 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM.
                [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

pull fenders, and space em

Comment

Originally posted by cbus mkv View Post
                    pull fenders, and space em
                    x2

Comment

Talk to White325is on r3v, or on here if hes on here. He might be able to help you figure out what to do about camber plates because I think he ran GC camber plates with his setup.

Comment

Yeah I thought I remembered him running them. I just don't have the cash for them. I would rather run them to add some more front camber anyways since I don't have much, but the funds just aren't there. Just gonna magazine pull the fronts until they clear.

The main problem I had when I rolled the fronts was the roller would not fit on the hub with the strut bolted into the upper mount, so I had to drop the whole knuckle onto a jack and roll them. Without the strut bolted up, I couldn't get any leverage. Finally I got them rolled flat, but there would be no way to pull them with a roller I wouldn't be able to get enough leverage. So magazine pull it is.

Comment

So pictures will be posted in a week?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Magazine pulls have worked well for me in the past. And with air it's even easier because you can go up and down and pull as softly or as hard as you need to.
                            Still miss your Forestor and WRX, but really loving this thing!
                            Originally posted by electricalbox
                            12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                              So pictures will be posted in a week?
                              Nah ill have them up tomorrow.

Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
                              Magazine pulls have worked well for me in the past. And with air it's even easier because you can go up and down and pull as softly or as hard as you need to.
                              Still miss your Forestor and WRX, but really loving this thing!
                              Word thats what I was thinking. Thanks man, I miss both too.

Still on those Eurolines on your bug?

Comment

Nice Nick, I'm glad to see this coming along! Sucks about the front fitment but you'll get it dialed!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                                X