No announcement yet.

NickL's E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love where you're heading and the story makes it. I had not seen any of your cars before this thread, today, but I can easily say I'm a fan. Can't wait for more.

Comment

Originally posted by amichaels View Post
      the story is awesome. and that Forester is ridiculous.
      Thanks man, it was my favorite car.

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
      Keep us posted! There is a write up on r3vlimited on how one of the members did his rear bags but it looks like you already know what your doing. Im really eager in seeing how you do the front because thats the only part I really wonder about.
      Yep I did use Mikes guide as a reference and I appreciate him making that thread because without it I would be clueless haha.

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      I love where you're heading and the story makes it. I had not seen any of your cars before this thread, today, but I can easily say I'm a fan. Can't wait for more.
      Thanks man, I do appreciate it.

Update for today: Redesigned the mounting for the rear bags. Much better/less sketchy. Didn't snap any pics of it, but I will tomorrow.

Made a console for the gauges and valves. Didn't work out as planned though when I went to install everything because the lines bottomed out on the tranny tunnel before I could set the plastic console down. Shit haha. So, back to the drawing board.

But I did finish the other rear, so progress was made.

Hella sunk

Rolling the fenders next time. New wheels come tomorrow, should have some test fit pictures. After all is said and done, Im going to shadow line the trim (not really a fan of the chrome), and run some iS skirts.

Thats it until next time.
      [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

lookin good so far mate. keep it up
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop??

Comment

Thanks man. Tracking number says wheels are delivered. Tomorrow will be a good day because I don't have class so Ill be home all day working on the E30. With the rear bags squared away, all I need to do is yank the front suspension, take some measurements and then take the struts to a welder and have them welded. Drill holes in the universal top hat for the upper strut mount and all should be good.

I began to eye some places to run my lines yesterday, so while the front struts are being welded, I should be able to tackle the new gauge/switch setup and run some lines throughout the car. Wiring the compressor/relay/pressure switch will be cake because the battery is already in the trunk.

Also scooped some 205/45/16 912's on the cheap because I'm basically broke. It was kind of a toss up between 205/45 and 215/40, but I think ill be happy with the 205/45's. Ive seen a lot of people run them on 16x9's static and they look good and look to be at a nice height. Yes 215/40's would of been nice aired out, but, I would like to ride with no wheel gap and don't want to jeopardize my oil pan.

So tomorrow ill have a ton of updates. Also rolling the fenders tomorrow. Hopefully Ill be able to roll it out of the garage Friday, shadow line the trim, give it a wash and give it a full shoot. Stay tuned.
          [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Love the progress! More to come
            -JasonHensler

Comment

Great story...keep us updated!
              IG:uvebeenrobd
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Here we go! Tires tomorrow. Running all line/wiring and everything will be good. Front struts took a lot of cutting,measuring, and repeat, but we got it sorted out.

In the middle of rolling

Comment

I love this.
                  My 2012 Fit sport build
                  My EF sedan build
                  LowMonroe:

Comment

Looks good dude
                    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Scribed, this is intense. Those rims are seriousely gorgeous!
                      Cheers!
                      Brandon

IG @straightsixfiend

Build Thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67173

Sig 69 by Vintage Element Photography, on Flickr

Comment

Final pics of the finished strut? I'm kinda thinking about doing the universal struts since its way cheaper than that bagyard struts.

Comment

this thing is a monster. i want bags now

Comment

strut construction pics?
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop??

Comment

Cant wait
                              Basco

Comment

your pics almost exactly sum up the last week of my life, except I worked through the night. ill post pics once i detail it.

what are you doing for the strut top mounts?
                                the ones in the airlift kit were waaay too big for the strut towers so i cut them into triangles and tried to center the middle the best i could, then cut more and more till they fit and drilled the holes.

i also had the same exact problem mounting the valves and the gauges. my valves are sitting a little forward from where yours are and the gauges are gonna go in front of the shifter and ill build a little box to give them room. if you cut out the carpet under the center console it will give you a little more room because theres a bunch of padding.

good job tho!!

Comment

Working...
                                X