Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 964 build thread

It makes my Buddy's E30 M3 look big

its an 8/89 911 Carrera 4, 70k miles. 18k worth of documented receipts from the previous owner.

I also bought some nue gewindefahrwerke and I'm in the process of restoring some Kinesis K27's for it. I also installed a secondary muffler bypass, and modified the airbox.

so the wheels and hardware were BEAT. really nasty. there are 160 bolts and 160 nuts that hold the wheels together, and they are 3.35 each : I glass beaded them and had them nickel plated.

before and after bead blasting

after plating

I also used headlight restoration polish to do the center caps. before on the left after on the right

Kinesis was bought out by Lexani a couple years back and all the cool race wheels are near impossible to find parts for. now they just slap the Kinesis name on some blang wheels it has been a project to get the wheels back to being really nice.

I should get the centers and inners back this week. then it will be time to install the coils, and maybe camber plates. Haven't bought them yet. still doing more research.

Proper photos to follow once it is on the wheels and coils.
    please excuse the iphone/instagram photos

I am excited to see this.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

All these awesome 911s being posted up lately, I'm being very tempted to sell all my shit for a Carrera.

Looks like the start of a great project.
      - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Niiiice
        Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

looking forward to seeing much more of this, I have a huge soft spot for the 964.

haha i would love to k24 swap one
          Brewed Motorsports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6pu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN5sy0nlecE

Comment

this is gonna be dope!

Comment

I'm pretty sure "Thatcher" here on the forums has a lot of kinesis goodies, you might want to contact him if you need parts.
              @slowprogress

Comment

Working...
              X