No announcement yet.

Quest for slammed/boosted Saturn Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! Looks better without the aftermarket bumpers, imho.
    i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

thanks!

120212 Restore the Shore by Naenia's Grave, on Flickr
      94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
      94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
      --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

Odd... but I like it!

Comment

So no real updates, but I'm pulling the trans either this weekend or next. I ordered a new clutch disc and I still need to order a new flywheel or a replacement friction disc for the Fidanza (not sure what I wanna do yet). It sounds like the diff is about on its way out finally (wouldn't doubt that it has almost 300k on it ha) as it's been clicking and clunking every accel/decel. I have another good stock diff that I'm going to throw in along with fixing up the clutch. Hoping this is the last big repair I have to do for a while besides that I still want to replace the manifold/downpipe in the near future when I have a few more dollars in my pocket.

Other plans are to sell the current wheels/tires and go with something a little different. No real wheels for this budget bucket, but I think these with some 205/40R16s will do the trick

or these maybe

Specs are 16x8 ET 25 or 20 Which is basically what I'm running now, but 1/2" wider and a shorter tire. Not totally set on the wheels yet, but definitely looking to go a little lower and change up the look next season. Also definitely looking for some new lugs as well since the gold is flaking off of the current lugs.
          Last edited by PunkboySL2; 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM.
          --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

O: get those ccw reps

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

vote for the ccw reps. they will look good against the tan/gold paint

Comment

I'm more and more leaning towards those.

Also going to need some new lugs, my old ones are starting to get a little haggard so I'm thinking something like this:

Not set on a color yet, but Ti, black, neo chrome, and purple are all on the list of maybes.
                --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

You ever planning on lowering it sweetheart?
                  -Dan

That Static Saturn Wagon

Comment

lol, staying skyjacker for ever dewd
                    --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

Made it to NC and back to PA with only a popped head gasket haha

TOTD13

Wheels are for the other car, had them on for the trip. Barely fit the 235/40R17s on 17x8s under the car.
                      --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

Pulled the motor apart this weekend. New head gasket, ARP headstuds, new thermostat, coil packs cleaned up, rebuilt lifters. Cylinder walls are starting to score a little bit, going to run it till it starts smoking like a bitch, right now it's running great. Ready for H2O this weekend.
                        --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

Can't wait to see you babbbbbee
                          IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Here's the new set up. I had to swap on a different hot side, the stock ford one went out. A little bigger wheel on this guy so it takes a bit longer to spool, but it's not too bad.

If you want to use an external wastegate with an OBX manifold this is the way to do it. I bought a $40 adapter for an external wastegate and it just clears the block with the tial 38. I know part of the problem with the OBX manifold is that because of the cheaper metal getting real hot they can crack, I figure this adapter should help seperate a little heat from the manifold. Also This time I bought thicker exhaust tubing for the downpipe so this should be a bit more solid. I did all of the measuring and cutting and had my buddy weld it all for me. For being a gasless mig it turned out pretty damn well, there is obviously some splatter, but it just adds to the..... patina?

The crack started on the outside of the turbo from the wastegate port and went inside and did all kinds of crazy stuff. I'm surprised it didn't seem to run any different.

Oh yeah we'll be fabbing the wastegate dump this coming weekend. I'll get pics of all that stuff as well. I want to put it pretty much straight down although I considered running it up through the hood or out of the bumper lolz.
                            --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

so much love put into this saturn. this is something i gotta look up in the future, awesome build

Comment

Working...
                              X