1985 corolla GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 corolla GTS

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for awhile never really posted anything important. Ill give you a little info about my self. I am a student currently finishing my last year of college. My first car which I purchased in fall 2010 was a 1997 Ej8 Milano red with a JDM B16A. I later lowered it on function and form type 2's I miss this car the most.

This is from when my friends and I went on a trip to Toronto for Import expo last summer. We had some fun taping her up.

In fall of 2011 I traded my civic because I was impatient and wasn't thinking. The car I traded for was a 1997 BMW e39 528i.

I had it for 4 days and crashed it.
    Fast forward 2 months and i found a 86 in my city the night it was posted. I went to go see it that day. I wanted this car for awhile now and i just had to have it so the guy was open to offers so a few days of hide and seek with the seller and wollah I straight trade my BMW for the 86.

When I first picked her up.

Yes you read it right 117000 OG km's

So after owning it for a few months I finally got things rolling and orderd some necesary parts to get it road worthy.

and some signal lights from my friends SR5

So i eventually booked off time and my friend helped me work on the car at his shop.

I forgot to take photo's of the whole session but we got busy. He installed my clutch while he had spare time late at night. The next day it left room for all the other issues. The clutch installed is a Competition stage 2.

This is it running with the all the fuses fixed and wiring rats nest dealt with.

We then washed it off and got rid of all the terrible stickers that were littering it. I have to get rid of the hideous graffiti that is on it.

And this is her about to go home.

My plans for her are undecided. I am just going to have fun and build on what inspires me. I love stance so I may go in that direction, I would also really like to track it on lap days and go sideways sometime. The next part on my list coilovers from megan racing, I already have a rear lateral panhard bar on the way. This is the car I always wanted so now I have it and I can have fun. If you made it this far congrats :P. I will post more as the build starts to progress.

Enjoy

Did you have a "drift"accident in the E39? It's a pretty hard car to wreck. But nice ae86, I can't wait to see where this build goes.
    Legit.

Comment

Yeah I did. Not a memory I like to think about. I cant hide the fact that i was stupid. My lessons serve as a reminder on what not to do with my new car. Thanks for the comment I am so excited to actually put it on the road!

Comment

so you did a straight up civic for bmw trade, then another straight up wrecked bmw for hachi trade?

Comment

Yes I straight traded my civic for the BMW. I only damaged the two right side wheels so I just replaced them and traded it for my 86

Comment

nice trades
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

It is strange how it worked out like that. I was considering going to the west coast to buy an 86 lucky it was less then 4km from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                nice trades
                I agree, all things considered.

Honestly perhaps the biggest mistake was trying to drift with a open diff. Not the best way to learn, IMO. Welded or LSD in a cheap car.
                Legit.

Comment

Bump for more pics of the Corolla
                  | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Skip the Megan coilovers, we did a set on my brothers Cressida, and they are horrible. He spent $900 or so on them, and is already saving for air because the ride is as bad or worse as his 87 Sentra on ebay coilovers.

Comment

Have you gotten a chance to really get out a drive the car at all yet? It's a gts so it's got a 4age and a stock lsd (I'm sure you know that) so even with the 90 some odd horsepower it's going to be a lot of fun grip driving or when wet
                      IG/TWITTER @alloydhiggins

sigpic

Comment

90hp? Its got like 120hp
                        | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Downgraded, that was a nice E39 Sorry to hear it went to car heaven

Comment

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                            Bump for more pics of the Corolla
                            Soon, Soon :p

Originally posted by scotto View Post
                            Skip the Megan coilovers, we did a set on my brothers Cressida, and they are horrible. He spent $900 or so on them, and is already saving for air because the ride is as bad or worse as his 87 Sentra on ebay coilovers.
                            Any other suggestions for an affordable setup?

Originally posted by Youngthugga View Post
                            Have you gotten a chance to really get out a drive the car at all yet? It's a gts so it's got a 4age and a stock lsd (I'm sure you know that) so even with the 90 some odd horsepower it's going to be a lot of fun grip driving or when wet
                            I have driven it up and down the road next to my storage every time I go and work on it.

Originally posted by yurotrash View Post
                            Downgraded, that was a nice E39 Sorry to hear it went to car heaven
                            Its more of a whore now :p she is still alive. I was the 17th owner so she is on her like 20th now. The car drove awesome and the interior was in awesome condition. The odometer read 364,000km's. Crazy!

Comment

So after work my buddy and I went to my storage facility to work on the car some more. Here you can see his 2000 GSR on f&f type 2's and SSR type C. I forgot to mention my car has XXR 522's 15x8 0 offset with a Dunlop Direzza 205/50/15.

Oh and here is the dirty ass engine bay :p

The work we did on the rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X