Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CW-325 View Post
    Go with the black

I like how the dash came out, can't wait to see this thing running!
    Black or nickel it is... and thanks! Neither can I

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
      awesome.

Comment

Awesome possum.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

omfg that cluster is amazing. sub'd

Build Thread

Comment

I'll tell you the best three upgrades for that 302 right off the bat. Ford Racing X303 cam,ford racing timing chain and gear, ford racing aluminum z heads. All I did to my old truck and it was so worth it. The x303 cam lope is godly at stop lights (but I was running open headers and a tiny 4" pipe off one header for my o2 sensor. No fucks were given. Got illegal inspections )
            | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

I've looked into doing this so many times but don't have the time, space, or money yet. It's good to hear that the E30V8.com digital booklet is helpful as I plan on using its sister site at some point in the future. I've weighed all the swap options and you just can't beat the 5.0 in terms of price (at least for sub-400hp applications). You'll have to tell me how your diff holds up as I believe ours should be pretty similar.

Comment

As an old school ford guy im glad people are still picking 302s over ls1s
                | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Originally posted by Trunky View Post
                  I've looked into doing this so many times but don't have the time, space, or money yet. It's good to hear that the E30V8.com digital booklet is helpful as I plan on using its sister site at some point in the future. I've weighed all the swap options and you just can't beat the 5.0 in terms of price (at least for sub-400hp applications). You'll have to tell me how your diff holds up as I believe ours should be pretty similar.
                  Will do! And The garage I'm doing most of the work in has maybe a foot on either side of the car. Its tiny. And awesome! 5.0 in your car would be awesome.

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                  As an old school ford guy im glad people are still picking 302s over ls1s
                  Ls1's are expensive! 302's are cheap to buy, fix, replace, upgrade... Little heavy for the e30 chassis, but that can be fixed easily with some aluminum heads and shedding weight in other area's.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    Awesome possum.

Originally posted by E28stoff View Post
                    omfg that cluster is amazing. sub'd
                    Thanks man!

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                    I'll tell you the best three upgrades for that 302 right off the bat. Ford Racing X303 cam,ford racing timing chain and gear, ford racing aluminum z heads. All I did to my old truck and it was so worth it. The x303 cam lope is godly at stop lights (but I was running open headers and a tiny 4" pipe off one header for my o2 sensor. No fucks were given. Got illegal inspections )
                    Good to know! And yessss, I want my cam to be super aggressive

One time I was at a stoplight back when I had my lil' old 4 cylinder, and some guy if I had a cam'd 5.0. Nope, just a straight piped 1.8L with a bad o2 sensor. Made that thing sound cam'd until I replaced it

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Will do! And The garage I'm doing most of the work in has maybe a foot on either side of the car. Its tiny. And awesome! 5.0 in your car would be awesome.

Ls1's are expensive! 302's are cheap to buy, fix, replace, upgrade... Little heavy for the e30 chassis, but that can be fixed easily with some aluminum heads and shedding weight in other area's.
                      you can always do a 4.8/5.3/6.0 swap, cheaper and better than a 302 in every way, however the 302 swap parts are a lot cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                        you can always do a 4.8/5.3/6.0 swap, cheaper and better than a 302 in every way, however the 302 swap parts are a lot cheaper
                        My next project is going to be a 7.3L (I think thats the size?) diesel rat rod

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Thanks! and thats awesome, have you actually started yet? I want to see a build thread And what are you doing about mounts and such? I highly recommend e30v8.com.
                          I've started on the car, but not the swap. My mom is currently shopping for new cars to replace her 5.0 moutaineer, so plan on using that for the donor. Here's my build thread: link I'm definitely going with the e36v8.com kit.

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                          I agree better (I originally planned LS), but not cheaper. Because of clearance, e30/e36s need LS1s (instead of LSX) and by the time you buy that and T56, you're close to $3k or more, which is more than the entire 5.0 swap.
                          025garage

Comment

Nice! Explorer/ Mountineer engines are the ones to go with. The accessories are MUCH shorter, the intake mani is better and you get aluminum heads. Not tons of performance gains, but it offsets the weight gain much better. You have a pm your way about e36/e30v8.com.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

I am in for the updates.

Comment

Hurry the fuck up. Pussy.
                                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                                X