Bagged bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its nothing special, but i like every little detail to count

Also managed to paint the underside of the car with etch primer. First time ive used compressor and gun, and actually think i did pretty well. Might consider spraying the actual colour in the interior to save some money and spend to spend on something else. Will be getting a tub of bitumen and painting the entire chassis/underside with a few thick coates.

Comment

First coat done, tried to get into every crevice etc. Really wrapped bout the way it turned out !! Bitumen ftw

Comment

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
        what im used to as Aus and S.Africa is very similar in lifestyle and people
        You come to South Africa often? Lemme know the next time you visit , I am in Johannesburg.

Loving the thread BTW , good on you for doing all the work , I would be terrified to tackle something like that
        Sixteen10's 4 Door .:R32 | Shawn's Speed Shop | Milltek Sport
        Originally posted by zevion
        Once you have 650 WHP you need your balls, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Cracking build fella! Glad to see you're getting rid of the rust, it's an absolute nightmare on these old cars

Comment

Awesome build, i wish i had the time to get rid of the rust on my BMW before it gets worse.

Props sir

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
              WillowRAF, thats awesome man, its so neat !! Does it offer heaps better visibility? Also doesnt it poke out the back of the headlights alot lol
              Pokes out a little and the Vis is great but i'm also using the full hid pack from the audi TT..
              As you can see!!

Signatures made! The Project

Comment

Washer bottle relocation done. Nice and sturdy !
                Also cleaned and sprayed the beam. Looks much better

Comment

noice
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

nice work! Can't wait to see it finished!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello hello all .... I havnt completly abandoned my golfie. I did buy a Honda a while back and the bug has bit me, bigger engine, wheels, coils etc etc. Really good daily and it is fantastic fun on the track - BUT i still have huge plans for this baby.

I have recently started my career job and as a young bloke i do a crap load of work to make it to the top, long hours, poor pay, hard work etc. I've also saved all year to do a Euro trip so my money is very damn limited. As if all that wasnt enough, we have just relocated houses 2 weeks ago so everythings messed up right now. ........... anyway everytime i past the swallowtail i get tingles.

Much bigger garage, a bit more money as i support myself now, and the long cold boring winter nights to motivate me. Im hoping this thing takes off this winter after i settle down at home! A very important route I'm choosing is to slow down the build and buying all the parts i intend to fit into the car, to make sure everything fits perfect before paint, time will tell though.

Took 5 mates to lift it, and put in on the tiny truck hahaha. Good times!

Comment

I have been doing tons of research and found a few pics of which way i would prefer to go. Out of all the solutions, i think the best/safest/easiest would be for me to buy the Wilwood pedal and then make a small cage/brackets to sit it in the cabin. Ideas?

I really like what's been done here, but his Tig skills surpass me by miles, so im quite scared to do this.

So im thinking of adding this, its reasonably cheap. Just scared that the pedal is longer than the mk1 pedals which will look odd and create issues with the reservoirs. Any one used the wilwood pedal box's?

Comment

Eager to see how the engine bay turns out on this bud. whats going in there?

Comment

Sweet ride man, gives me motivation to work on my Mk1! I followed your other build on VWW so am keen to see where this pans out
                            My shitty ratty Golf

Comment

So i finally got back into the golf, a buddy of mine was selling some tools and i picked up a great strong welder for practically quarter price! Now i really have no reason to *itch and moan about having a crappy welder - work has to be done! I made a frame with trolley wheels to be able to move the golf around, didnt take a pic unfortunately. Practised my welding, and the frame came up great!

Been looking into ways to shave the crumple zone mo halk thing, and just decided to go for it! At first, it would completely burn away, so i lowered the amps and just did plenty of blobs... after it packed up some metal, i hit it with high amp and it worked a treat! Sorry for the crappy photos.

Finished product on one side

Also it seems to have gone through the underside nice a chunky, which i'm quite satisfied with in terms of strength. Anyone have any idea how i can clear and spray inside the crumple zone to prevent rust? Cant seem to get anything in there ..

The civic has been put on the back burner, and i'm back better than ever Hoping to get some good work done this summer! Stay tuned

Comment

The mk1 has some rust issues in tricky places that I've always been to scared to do. I read build threads like Pete Jones' and he makes it look like child's play. Anyway with my new welder, and a big confidence boost - I thought I'd just go for it. I only had time to do one small section, bit will finish it the rest up after work. Really happy with the outcome, the welds penetrated well!

Also welded up my vent hole properly, came up quite nice I think, just have to going it down.

And I managed to upload a pic of my home made shopping trolley to carry around the golf, it makes life soooo easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X