Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfect man clean and fresh

Comment

The weather has killed my mood and i've been unmotivated since everything is working on my orange mk1 and im apsolutely loving driving it .. so the lucy the white golf isnt getting any attention. However im going away to europe next week so i thought id get some done.

Welded up all the edges and ground them down again, as the previous owner apsolutely fucked it up ! I heaps today and its more or less pretty smooth. I now have to just fill over it and it should look great !! One tower done.

Also welded up one of the heater holes, i actually never knew waht these were for haha as i've never had them connected. But anyway, welded up and waiting on filler too. Should look great once done

Comment

schweet
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

really impressive mate! wish i had your mentality of just diving in and giving such big jobs a go... every time i do i always seem to fuck something up lol

Comment

Im going away to Europe this weekend for a month, and had some free time today. I got a projector from my mates wrecked integra and i thought id try and be creative and modernize my car abit haha. I am going to try to modify the projector to fit it into my mk1 headlights. Projectors shine the road 20x what mk1 lights do IMO. Anyway cut it all out and test fitted it, not done yet, but a rough idea.

I reckon it works heaps good !

Grinded everything to size

Woooooooow, now thats the sh*t .. obviously i was too close to the wall to see the proper effect but you get the picture

Thats all for now, im heading to Bulgaria to visit some family. If im not mistaken, i think the annual VAG Worthersee show is on in europe, and its been my dream to always visit it. I think where im going isnt too far from it, so im going to try my best to catch a train and see it. Anyone know the location of it, or the start/end dates for Worthersee 2012?

George

Comment

Nice work with the Golfs.....a Mk1 is something I'd like to own and build one day.....sooner rather than later!

Where'd you find the 14in RS'? Locally or OS?

As for Worthersee, it's in Reifnitz, Austria and I think it's kind of already underway, but the main dates are 16th to the 19th.....it's not overly close to Bulgaria, but an overnight train would get you there.

Comment

This is looking really nice. I didn't even know RSs came in 14s. OG

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                  Nice work with the Golfs.....a Mk1 is something I'd like to own and build one day.....sooner rather than later!

Where'd you find the 14in RS'? Locally or OS?

As for Worthersee, it's in Reifnitz, Austria and I think it's kind of already underway, but the main dates are 16th to the 19th.....it's not overly close to Bulgaria, but an overnight train would get you there.
                  Yes, they are an awesome car and i've owned 3 of them in the short period of having my license for a year haha.

Thanks man thats the exact info i was looking for !! Im hoping i can make it. You sound like you know the details very well, are you from europe yourself?

And Willis yeah dude 14"s. I paid top dollar for them and they were very very rare, so as soon as i saw them i bought them straight away which left me broke as fuck. And to answer the above question, strangely i found them in australia

Comment

No I'm from Brisbane, but have also wanted to go to Worthersee for a while now and was only looking up the dates the other day actually. I've also done a fair bit of Europe travel, and quite a few overnight trains, good way to travel, wake up at your destination!

Good score finding the 14's locally, you were wise to jump on them straight away!

Comment

Haaaarooo everyone! Ok so im back from my trip to Europe an it was amazing ! Its soosooso different to what im used to as Aus and S.Africa is very similar in lifestyle and people, so going back to my home country was great ! Anyway, im pretty damn sad that i missed worthersee as i was having so much fun i pretty much forgot about it !! Im bummed as i wasnt that far at all

Well anyway im motivated as heck and am going to start pounding into the rest of the welding and rust !! I was originally going to keep this a secret till the very end, but unlike other people on this forum and other forums, i thought i shouldnt be secretive with my thread, as i can help people with the same problems overcome them now, or at a later stage. Theres a lot of threads where guys dont show anything really and stuff, so ill just be straight up - im air-bagging the golf !

Ive had this idea ever since i bought Lucy the swallowtail, but wanted to keep it a secret. Meh, it doesnt matter. Plan is to get chapman rear struts and either second hand struts and mod them to fit the front, or buy a universal bag kit, and put it over my coilovers. It will be a proper air bag setup though, and i will gather all the other bits like tank, compressor etc individually. Ill be buying these things in Aus to help out locals.

So yeah thats my big thing, plan is to have the first bagged mk1 in Aus, and the way im headed ive got alot of info i need already and will be buying the gear when i spot wheat i need. Plan is to go 8.5 wide in the rear depending on how the bags sit.

Hopefully as im going through the process of air bags, i can help others who have wanted to do it too, gain some insight. I know one things for sure, the bag setup will blow my roof in terms of $$$. Oh well, they say do what makes you happy

Thats all for now fellas. Let the work begin!!

Comment

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
                        Haaaarooo everyone! Ok so im back from my trip to Europe an it was amazing ! Its soosooso different to what im used to as Aus and S.Africa is very similar in lifestyle and people, so going back to my home country was great ! Anyway, im pretty damn sad that i missed worthersee as i was having so much fun i pretty much forgot about it !! Im bummed as i wasnt that far at all

Well anyway im motivated as heck and am going to start pounding into the rest of the welding and rust !! I was originally going to keep this a secret till the very end, but unlike other people on this forum and other forums, i thought i shouldnt be secretive with my thread, as i can help people with the same problems overcome them now, or at a later stage. Theres a lot of threads where guys dont show anything really and stuff, so ill just be straight up - im air-bagging the golf !

Ive had this idea ever since i bought Lucy the swallowtail, but wanted to keep it a secret. Meh, it doesnt matter. Plan is to get chapman rear struts and either second hand struts and mod them to fit the front, or buy a universal bag kit, and put it over my coilovers. It will be a proper air bag setup though, and i will gather all the other bits like tank, compressor etc individually. Ill be buying these things in Aus to help out locals.

So yeah thats my big thing, plan is to have the first bagged mk1 in Aus, and the way im headed ive got alot of info i need already and will be buying the gear when i spot wheat i need. Plan is to go 8.5 wide in the rear depending on how the bags sit.

Hopefully as im going through the process of air bags, i can help others who have wanted to do it too, gain some insight. I know one things for sure, the bag setup will blow my roof in terms of $$$. Oh well, they say do what makes you happy

Thats all for now fellas. Let the work begin!!
                        Glad you had a fun trip! Stoked to hear that you're bagging the MK1, what will you be using in terms of management? Are you going to go manual or something automatic like AccuAir's e-Level?

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Love this. SUB'd.

Premiere Autosports /Instagram - Kole_Grove86
                          [

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                            Glad you had a fun trip! Stoked to hear that you're bagging the MK1, what will you be using in terms of management? Are you going to go manual or something automatic like AccuAir's e-Level?
                            Dude im no millionaire and still in school hehehe, so most likely some simple management, probably avoid accuair completely hahah!! Basically plan is to be able lay frame on the ground, and raise it up over the limit incase of cops. So pretty much just want to go up/down

Comment

Well yesterday i went off to the wreckers in search of a washer jet and bottle. I have decided to re-route the washer jet rather that leave it on the bonnet. Simply being so when the bonnet is opened you dont see the hose running up and down. I tested to see the squirt, tested to see if the motor hits it, however everything is clear, so i drilled a hole and mounted it. Perfect!!

The bottle is awesome, has a small built in water pump already and is really skinny, ideally for what i wanted it for !! Got it from some little ford hatchback. The plan is to make a bracket for it and try hold it up somehow. This is the driver side. The passenger side will have another bottle (yet to be found) for the radiator overflow. Heres how im thinking....

Comment

Nice job dude, waiting the final result..
                                STANCE | WORKS Celica 1974

Comment

Working...
                                X