1970 Karmann Ghia - Panscraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dibaltic View Post
    crazy neg camber and super narrow beams are what are so sexy about aircool'd vw's
    True true. No updates on the ghia. Did get my coils on the beater though

[URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

I've been wanting a Ghia for about a year. One popped up locally for $500. But i promised myself to concentrate my on my BUILD!
      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Well heres an update. Attempted a 3.5 hour drive to Water by the Bridge yesterday and had some issues. Previous owner jankily welded the generator pulley back together and it broke, sheared the fan belt, car overheated a bit, now it seems like it has no compression because its turning over extremely easy and fast.

So,

Gonna go go ahead and use this time to redo some things on the car. Motor is coming out this weekend, gonna tear it down see what happened. Potential rebuild if not just finding another motor. All my suspension goodies should be here in 2 weeks, and I'm gonna go ahead and order a full rubber kit for the body of the car as all of the seals are in terrible shape. Also contemplating a nice modern radio so I have aux input capabilities since I'm going to be driving it quite a bit come summer.

One door closes, many others open so we'll see where it all goes. All my progress will be updated as I go.

For now,

One of my other on going projects, my buddies hatch. Been working on this car forever, and it finally is sitting where we want it. 415whp/395wtq, motor built and swapped by us. Basically is a piston/rod B18b1, full crower head, Garret 60trim, E85, every suspension bushing, component etc, and discontinued Work RSZ-R's.

OOF rolling shot on the way home from the tuner, wish I wasn't driving it would of turned out better.

[URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Working...
        X