Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Red e30

Hey all,
    I've been lurking the Stanceworks forum for quite a while now. I think its about time i put forward my story.
    And here it is..
    Ever since getting my license i was a man of practicality so i went and got myself a Ute (or Pickup as you guys call it). A year went by and my interest in all things fast caught me. I purchased a 180sx (240 in the u.s) shell to begin work on but then I ended up going overseas, so i sold it for some easy moneyss. I returned 6 months later and the search began all over again for something i could pour my hard earned cash into.
    Never really being a fan of bmw's, i started looking at the usual 86's, 180's and silvias. Its quite hard to find an unmolested one over here so i was looking for other options. Then came Stanceworks and that insanely low e28, rusty. I was in awe.. then began a love for anything old and bmw.
    I then stumbled upon a manual, 2 door, gold e30 for $800 AUD about 600km away so i went up looked at it and handed over the cash.
    Here it is.

Theres a hole in the floorpan, the timing chain is loose, the interior was filthy etc etc, but hey what do you expect for $800 with rego? (over here in Aus anyways).

Few weeks later another e30 came on ebay which i decided i could use as a parts car. The description stated its gearbox had gone. So i got a trailer and snatched it up for $450. Brought it home and thoroughly inspected it. The body and motor was in better condition than the gold one! Then i decided, alrighty the gold one can be the long term build and the red one can be the daily.

Heres a photo of the red one all nice and shiny

Anyways, i have to swap the manual gearbox from the gold one to the red one to get it regoed. Then ill be aiming for lowwwwwww. I'll be posting updates as i go.
    Hope you enjoy!
    Cheers
    SlipperyDinosaur - http://slipperydinosaur.tumblr.com/

I can't find one E30 for less than $800... you found two. Lucky bastard. Keep this updated, I always love how clean Aussie cars end up being.

Comment

Yeah i troll ebay a fair bit for good little deals. And Ill do my best man, keeping it updated will be my motivation cheers!

Anyways continuing on, what i didn't add to the first post. I've accumulated a few goodies in the last few weeks which i haven't done too much with besides froth on them sitting in my room.
      Laws here on car modification in aus is pretty gay as most of you know, so im saving them till i get the car on the road :-/

Well anywho, I got myself a pair of Work Equip 3's a little while back measuring up at 14x7.5 (-19) and a pair of black steelies measuring 14x8 (0). Thought seeming as though id just cleaned ol' reddie id test fit the rims to see how they went. For the record im fair lazy so i didnt take out coils for mock ups or anything. Just an idea..
      Now i have an idea how much rolling and pulling im going to have to do. fun times ahead.
      anyways heres a few photos...

Also, coilovers are going to be ordered verrry soon for lowwww

Comment

Epic. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the rims set you back?

Comment

Very Clean! cant wait to see it low.. I'm Working on a 86 325e build right now I'm going with a 16x8 on the front and a 16x10 for the back.. Can't Wait to see what you got Cooking for this Red Classic.. And man your one lucky guy! my 325e has more rust than a 500 year old can..

Comment

hey man the equips where $200 a rim and the steelies where $100 a rim,
            wow 16x8 will look dope on the front i tested the 0 offset steelies on the front, wont need much guard work by the looks of things but yeah not too sure on the 10's haha will be good to see!

Comment

Yea the 10's Fitment is going to kick my ass but i accept the 10 challenge..lol Might go with a 9'' just have to wait till i get the 10s in and see how they fit..

Comment

Working...
              X