Project GHOSTTT-strictly daily bagged TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project GHOSTTT-strictly daily bagged TT

I've been on the forums (mostly lurking) for a few years now, but have posted a few pictures of an a4 that I own and have been building over the past 6 or so years.

I thought I'd show you my most recent project. I don't want to call it a build, as I consider a build to be much more than I'm doing with this, nor will it be a showcar because again, my feelings on what makes a showcar are also much more than this car will have.

Picked up this white mk1 TT coupe in mid October. I wanted something comfortable to daily (I'm small, so yes it's comfy haha) and I've always wanted a TT since they first came out, so I decided to finally pull the trigger.

Pic of the car when I got her (hasnt changed, yet)

I decided air ride was the route I wanted to go, because I want to be able to drive around downtown PDX without worrying, but able to drive low when I want to.

Picked up airlift slam XL front struts and rear bags

I decided to pickup some Avant Garde M140 wheels, which were finished in machined silver

Butttttt...I didn't want a white car with silver wheels, so I decided to do something a little out there and powdercoat then in an anodized red finish.

For management I ordered Airlift Easystreet autopilot v1, which arrived on Saturday. I will begin mapping out my management setup this week sometime. I will be powdercoating the tank to and then will begin installation, then figure out my wheel fitment and order the spacers I'll need to get to the offset/poke I want. I also am planning to shave/smooth the front bumper, as well as respray the rockers before summer.

And for the hell of it, this is the a4. I have it completely tore down right now as I'm swapping in a vr6 that is bored to a 3.0L, t67 turbo and a TON of custom fabbed, one-off parts. I'm also shaving the bay and doing a wire tuck in the process.

I'll post more pictures of the install along the way! Thanks for looking.

Cant wait till u lower it! Nice!
    Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

Ohhhh! I am stoked to see how this will play out.
      Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
      Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
        Ohhhh! I am stoked to see how this will play out.
        This! Very much this

Comment

You need to update your A4 on Audizine. Been waiting forever!
          Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
          Alex

Comment

If I had an update on it I would! Haha I've been so damn lazy and haven't touched it in a while. Once it gets warmer it's back in the garage I go!

Comment

The interior of your A4 is awesome man love the diamond stitching.

Comment

Small update. Received my tires last week and had them mounted on tuesday by a friend at work.

Look much better with tires, IMO.

I also got the tank back from powder today. Turned out nice! I have a ton of fittings I can use, but none of which seem to be the right ones I want (always how it works lol), so I'll have to make a run to the store in the next few days for fittings

Now I need to get off my lazy ass and get some wood so I can start building the management setup.

Comment

That's a really rich red. I dig it.
                  Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                  Alex

Comment

Car is now at the bodyshop having the bumper, rockers and rear diffuser resprayed. I decided to have them shave the headlight squirters and plate filler as well as remove the exhaust tip cutouts on the diffuser.

Here's a crappy pic the body guy sent me.

Comment

i dont blame that body shop for not taking that grill out, its a fucking bitch!!!! and it usually brakes all the tabs on it. but i like the wheels a lot

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

Yeah I went to check it out and one of the clips is already broken and they did not want to potentially break more...I don't blame them! They'll just tape it off really well.

It's coming along
                        Last edited by europrojektza4; 03-13-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I like where this is going.

Comment

Dude, that anodized red looks gorgeous. I'm excited to see how this car turns out.

Comment

Wow, the B5s looking fine (minus the boser)! Those red wheels look awesome What exactly is the color called?
                              slamburglars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X