No announcement yet.

Audi 200 20v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im on both daily, just really hard to find a car i wanna invest money in.

Comment

hmmm thats lame. I'll definitely keep an eye out for ya.

Comment

anyone know where to get a spherical bearing I can mount on top of this spacer I'm making? (aka camber plate style)

Comment

No i dont.....but ur pics are epic...keep up the work

1990 325is- current project
          1986 325e- Parts Donator
          2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
          1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

First off, love it. 'Specially the wheels.

But the first picture, the lightning in the background is sooo tight!

Originally posted by dav3design
            ...I have only just cottoned on to what is happening. lol

Comment

love those old audis, sick ride
              I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Thanks guys, 'preciate all the love.

I'm thinking of stripping the wheels down because the paint on some of them is a little funky. I like a regular metal finish (cleared over) like a stock alloy would look on a porsche...OR I could maybe go pearl white on the centers and keep the lips polished. Thats always what I've wanted to do with a nice set of RS's or something similar on this car.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Anyway, I have a few things in mind for the winter break. Its mostly maintenance related though.

First up, roof rack. Pics will be up after x-mas day

second up hitch...so I can tow my Whaler and or a trailer for hauling stuff

most importantly, I have to do a new timing belt, idler, water pump, crank cog (thats $100 by itself ) and probably a new (adjustable) cam gear because mine seems to wobble a bit and it bothers me...plus, I can make some use out of it later. While I'm in there, I'll throw in a set of cams that are for the NA version of this engine. That will provide for a nice top end boost with the stock and any bigger turbo.

I'll also order a new upper intercooler hose so I dont have to fix boost leaks every other time I drive the car.

Need to get oil lines for the big turbo, and some flanges for it too.

Comment

you already no i love it. Now hurry up with that turbo!!!

www.flickr.com/sparkyvw
                  Awol.tv
                  Dubkorps

Comment

Hell yeah, what up sparky. Make a build thread for yours!

Comment

I actually just ordered oil line parts and now I just need a few more of those. I just took some other money out of the bank to do the timing belt and maybe my dream intercooler setup with hargetts.

Comment

So as of right now the car isn't moving an inch. Its getting towed up to my buddy's shop so we can do the timing belt, water pump, rollers, new crank and cam seals, new belts, coolant flush, t-stat, and some new cams.

The reason for all of this

Its unbelievable that the belt looked perfectly fine a few weeks ago. I even had a few friends look at it with me for a second opinion. Its 20k miles under the recommended service interval, but I'm not sure how old it is. I'll have to look in the records.

I'm just glad the damn thing hasn't slipped off. SCARY STUFF.

On the bright side, I did get the roof rack on.

and I got some of the oil line stuff in

All black push-lock and AN fittings (will not have that blue anodized piece)

Still haven't done anything regarding the suspension spacers. Can't do anything till I find a good source for spherical bearings that I can mount to them. Then I can get the car on its nuts. Its as low as it can go in the front in the pics above. The back can go down more than enough

Comment

looking great, where abouts in florida are you?

Comment

Thanks, I'm in the Jupiter area. Its north of Palm Beach, etc.

During the school year, I'm in Gainesville.

Comment

oh sick yeah im in orlando for the school year but live in west palm

Comment

this car is amazing, loooove the wheels, and the interior work even more. looks great!

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X