Project Atlantis ***E36 Inside**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Atlantis ***E36 Inside**

Sadly, i totaled my Estoril E36 M3 3 Weeks ago. I wont go into details as it pisses me off, but i must say BE CAREFUL OF MONEY SHIFTING! this February marked the first year of our relationship and i almost had her like i wanted her to be. To say the least, me and my passenger walked away from it (gotta love BMW's).

So i will be using this thread to document its resurrection, Project Atlantis. I will be buying an e36 shell (undecided between coupe or sedan) and swapping my s52+tranny into it and painting it Atlantis Blue (399). I have to somehow 1up the aesthetics of my old creation (Esty is her name). My goal is to have this ready by Bimmerfest '12 if not sooner. Any and all constructive criticism/ideas/food are welcome.

So now its time to cut holes in my pockets and say bye to all current and future money i have for the next few weeks :buttrock

my finished creation, "Esty". R.I.P.

as of 1/7/12 ... R.I.P

****UPDATE**** 1/17/12

i picked this hardtop vert lastnight for only $1700. it has Dampening adjustable coilovers, Dinan Exhaust and Strut Brace, lightweight momo wheels...its Boston Green...not for long though!

Update 1/24/12 ****

So on Friday I bought the vert and I've been working in it since, first off I bought with a bad idle and I had a hunch it was due to bad spark ... look at my spark plug pic, I swapped in my S52 ones and Ta-Da! Then i threw in my CAI to put pubes on the 2.5l balls, and I also tried mounting my Mille Miglias from the M3... lets just say I really need to roll the verts fenders. On top of that I removed all the interior and dug out about 5lbs of unnecessary wires.... wow these last 3 days were intense.

did a small crank test on the motor and seems as though the valves are sealing...so my motor may still be good and require no major repair!

looks like this build may be done faster and cheaper than expected..thanks for following the build!

So I did some more wiring in the car and rolled/flared my fenders to fit the miglias ... up next its time to swap the control arms and trailing arms along with my poly bushings, black interior, and then my M3 drive train.

if you've been following this thread, you'll notice I have done alot in one week... dont worry guys, I didn't get you all excited for nothing, project Atlantis will be done!

Poor M3.

Comment

i know :/ but all i can do now is build something better right?

i know a non M will never be an M3, but i really like the idea of have the only Hardtop Vert E36 with an M3 Drivetrain & Suspension in Atlantis Blue.

Comment

OMG !!!!! i´m sorry about the M3 ( ....but hey im glad you chose a 2 door model instead of a sedan ....in the end a vert M3 will be more cool then a coupe , i´m so subscriebed to this thread , good luck man you will need it

Comment

This should be good!

Comment

atlantis blue is one of the best bmw colors ever made.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

this shall be great. don't forget the interior swap for teh epicness!
              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Those wheels are perfect.
                I drive too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Working...
                X