X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Nagah View Post
    Nice talking dude but just this quote is showing even for really risky guys that this is _not_ a good idea to ride.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Leave a comment:

• Nagah
    replied
    Nice talking dude but just this quote is showing even for really risky guys that this is _not_ a good idea to ride.

Originally posted by OpelWagenGT View Post
    I drew up something is MS paint real quick to attemp to show you why your setup is dangerous, because apparently you don't understand.

At this point I don't think anyone is going to change your mind but we just want you to know that what you're doing is not safe so you can't complain if the system fails.

-Aron

Leave a comment:

• dbales
    replied
    I remember seeing this thread linked up on another forum, where more bashing ensued. I believe if he'd used single spacers instead of nuts, this shit storm probably wouldn't have been as bad. But honestly, would that have been "safer"? I think this got so much attention because of how it looks. It looks ghetto as hell. But if he's been riding on this for a while, it must be holding up.

People get caught up in this little clique of being better than everyone else because you bought coilovers or a "better" suspension setup. Grow up, everyone on this site with a car sitting 2 inches off the ground could be considered stupid or retarded because the slightest bump could rip off any number of vital suspension/engine components. Hell I've seen a guy on a truck forum I used to frequent that had airride, was riding low, and ran over one of those flush looking railroad tracks. Needless to say, his engine crossmember caught the track, and damn near sent the truck end over end.

Lesson to be learned? If you ride low period, there are risks. Choosing to ride low, you accept those risks. I don't care if you paid $2000 or $20 for your suspension setup, you still risk it all once you get on that road. Hell I could buy brand new name brand tires and hit a nail while driving, have a blowout on the interstate, and cause a 10 car pile up. Does that mean I'm not gonna get in my car and drive to work? No.

Leave a comment:

• jacbo
    replied
    4 months late to the party but...

Guys,

You're a bunch of assholes.

Oh look,
    Here's a car that everyone loves, rightly so, that was built, for all intents and purposes, with the same $0 budget, the same hondakid ingenuity, the same Ace Hardware supplies.

(Oh no it's those raised tophats agian! Watch out everyone, don't stand too close! )

OP might not have the same ideas as all of us, but are raised tophats on a Honda really worth 12 pages of shitspitting?

I have a lot of respect for someone who has the ambition to make something from nothing. That's why builds like Nelson and Rusty are such an inspiration to me, because they are TRUE customs.

You cats would've have a hard time in the early days of Hot Rodding...

Leave a comment:

• Chuckdee
    replied
    So what did you do for the suspension? Please tell me you did something better than those "nut spacers" that you're using....

Leave a comment:

• slow ass car
    replied
    Wow, so much **** in this thread.

Sure, I don't think your setup is completely safe, but the ideas you've got are pretty creative. Keep thinking of ways to improve your setup.

If you're on a tight budget, I would change the wheels/tire setup with some spaced out Rega reps or some spaced out Rotas. It's too sunk in for my taste. Keep the build going though!

Leave a comment:

• gonzakev
    replied
    and i taught i was getting shit for my shit thread

Leave a comment:

• oprahhwinfreyy
    replied
    spacers would be nice

Leave a comment:

• Yogi_Bear
    replied
    any plans for spacers?

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    Hmm no one? How about a pic of frame clearance and the angle of my lca's aha

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    well got some rims , a new lip , and more low. im now at an inch

on level ground the lip is a touch over a finger gap
    Last edited by smokenyall; 07-17-2012, 03:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wickit
    replied
    I like it, looks good bro. IMO sometimes it doesn't matter how you get there just as long as you get there. Are you going to eibach?

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    guess ill just keep posting .
    anyways got her below 2 inches

trimmed my splash guards

and here is 2 just because

just pulled the car out of the garage so it should settle a little lower
    Last edited by smokenyall; 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    did anybody else go to the sliding sexy meet in sac last night? if so you probably saw my car or at least heard it haha.

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    heres a few more pics. and btw theres only a finger gap between the top of my tire and a bunch of metal at the top of the fender-well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X