• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
    Wow that's LOW
    Indeed kind sir
    Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
    Even though you royally messed up at the beginning of this thread (I remember it going live last year), like all of us, you have obviously done a great deal of learning and I must say aside from the wheels you have right now, the bag setup looks to be built and setup very well.

As far as people being concerned about the tank behind the bumper, I have seen many high end VIP cars do the exact same thing, including putting the valves and compressors on the back bumper, so he's not doing anything dangerous (that hasn't at least been done many times over).
    Good job man, please proceed!
    Yea I never had a single problem with the extended top hats but I spent time and a decent chunk of change on my current setup, only issue I had was fixing a couple air leaks and messing up a shock but that was my fault. Thanks I appreciate the positive feed back!!

Comment

• damn. you went low, man. lol. bags or not, its awesome. especially since its an em2.
      howd you make your tie rod ends?

i like your custom bag setup too, with the straight steering arms. something manufactures should take notice of..

Comment

• Originally posted by btruong968 View Post
        damn. you went low, man. lol. bags or not, its awesome. especially since its an em2.
        howd you make your tie rod ends?

i like your custom bag setup too, with the straight steering arms. something manufactures should take notice of..
        Thanks man!! Never seen an em2 laid out!! The tierod ends are 14mm rose joints, 14mm misalignment spacers with of course 14mm bolts. I drilled and tapped the steering arm so it tightens into that and the locknut on the bottom is just for extra insurance. In total I dropped the outer tierod almost 2" for allot of bump steer correction, where there at right now is about 1.5" lower then stock and I have almost no toe change from full lift to laid out!!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
          Thanks man!! Never seen an em2 laid out!! The tierod ends are 14mm rose joints, 14mm misalignment spacers with of course 14mm bolts. I drilled and tapped the steering arm so it tightens into that and the locknut on the bottom is just for extra insurance. In total I dropped the outer tierod almost 2" for allot of bump steer correction, where there at right now is about 1.5" lower then stock and I have almost no toe change from full lift to laid out!!
          You drove it aired out yet? lmao.
          That tie rod solution is what the 7th gen market needs. i mean, if its affordable.

i have rokkors right now and am thinking about doing bags over coils but my shocks arent as short as yours. you must have decent suspension travel

Comment

You drove it aired out yet? lmao.
            That tie rod solution is what the 7th gen market needs. i mean, if its affordable.

i have rokkors right now and am thinking about doing bags over coils but my shocks arent as short as yours. you must have decent suspension travel
            It's less than $70 , buy two of these
            (XFLM14X1.5 - M14x1.5mm Left Hand Female - 14mm). McGill XMM - Racing Series Ultra High Performance Racing Series range features a loaded slot style of rod end that was introduced to the market in 1995.

And just look up 14mm misalignment spacers on eBay
            Then just drill out the taper and tap it for whatever thread size the can get and install, if I was on normal coils I would drill and tap and then mount them on the bottom.
            Yea I've dragged it a few times, I gotta get the video from my Freind!!
            I have 4.4 in of travel and I have barely a 2 finger gap at full lift so in theory I could tub and notch my front end even further and still lay out with my tires on a 2x4 lol

Comment

• Took some pics at my work, and yea I work on cranes and heavy equipment

Comment

• you can extend the rear bumper for moar low. it'll be cool when aired out, everything is on the ground!
                wow.
                so stock.
                not much progress.
                many photoshops.
                such beige.
                doge not pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by dumped_es300 View Post
                  you can extend the rear bumper for moar low. it'll be cool when aired out, everything is on the ground!
                  I could but the rear is still static, 1/4 in from tucking 15's

Comment

• Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
                    It's less than $70 , buy two of these
                    (XFLM14X1.5 - M14x1.5mm Left Hand Female - 14mm). McGill XMM - Racing Series Ultra High Performance Racing Series range features a loaded slot style of rod end that was introduced to the market in 1995.

And just look up 14mm misalignment spacers on eBay
                    Then just drill out the taper and tap it for whatever thread size the can get and install, if I was on normal coils I would drill and tap and then mount them on the bottom.
                    Yea I've dragged it a few times, I gotta get the video from my Freind!!
                    I have 4.4 in of travel and I have barely a 2 finger gap at full lift so in theory I could tub and notch my front end even further and still lay out with my tires on a 2x4 lol
                    you just gave me the ability to go lower. haha. i just need to figure out the frame notch.

Comment

• I wish you would put some bigger wheels on this thing. would be way cooler
                      Static s10 build
                      IG @lilredchevy66
                      Lower it already

Comment

you just gave me the ability to go lower. haha. i just need to figure out the frame notch.
                        Glad I could help I'll get some pics of my frame notch up when I finish it!

Originally posted by em2cody View Post
                        I wish you would put some bigger wheels on this thing. would be way cooler
                        One day, if I get wheels i gotta save up and sell my current wheels first.

Comment

• Sub'd for more! Props to sticking to the project (and to the forum) after all the flack early on! The build has turned way the hell kooler than most Hondas...
                          -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                          '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                          '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• ummm
                            CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

• guys, if he can successfully restore status, I think I can... haha

Originally posted by High_5er
                              Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                Sub'd for more! Props to sticking to the project (and to the forum) after all the flack early on! The build has turned way the hell kooler than most Hondas...
                                Thanks!!

Not much has happened recently (been looking for a new house) so maybe a frame notch this weekend if I get a chance but for now I cleaned the crap out of my car and wheels after work.

I think I'm getting better at taking pics lol

Comment

Working...
                                X