'70 alfa romeo giulia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '70 alfa romeo giulia

Well, I guess this is quite a rare sight on stanceworks, but my car is a 1970 alfa romeo giulia 1300 ti.
    I bought the car last june, when I didn't have my drivers license yet, nor being the legal age to drive! back then, it was looking like this:

as you can see, it was dirty and some pretty horrible damage. the previous owner had crashed it into a tree during a rally!
    So I started cutting out everything in the front which was in my way, and pulled out the engine.

with help from a friend of mine, I welded in this piece, coming from a donor car:

while welding in the front, I decided to weld through the rest of the engine bay;

after that was done, a new radiator balk could be fitted;

then the front panel & grill could be testfitted to see if everything fitted nicely;

and as it did, I welded everything in, and started on finishing it off;

after the engine was thoroughly cleaned, a new waterpump and carter were fitted, it could be put back in

and this was what it looked like having that finished:

well, of course it had to be dropped quite a bit!

it doesn't look to be that low, but as the engine and exhaust are quite low, I now have a ground clearance of about 1.5 inches in the middle!
    I fitted some bucket seats that were laying around, and put in a new radio & stereo system .

then I started sanding it down, and primering the front panels & rear panel, to have it painted:

and this was how it looked when it went to the painter, next to the 1750gtv which I've build for my father

As I was away when it was at the painter, I received these pictures of how it came out:

and just a while back, I finished it. I put on the grill, blinkers and the rest of the little pieces:

plans for now are getting some other wheels, these aren't mine, and the tires are too low imo, finish the little pieces of the exterior that still need some detailing, and getting hold of the original interior the old owner has still got!

btw, this is the other project car I'm working on right now, it's a '71 datsun 240z which I'm building in full rallyspec, to drive classic car rallys with!

This is a very rare car(never seen one) and beautiful. Great work!!!. Its a tad bit different from what im use to seeing, but the work and craftsmanship is vastly respected; Also, its refreshing to see something different.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

This car is sick! Amazing work.

-Aron
      "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

great work!!

just dont like the wheels, but if you plan to change them, so lets wait to see

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=16940&page=7

Comment

thanks guys!

only problem is, wheels are size 4x108, and I can't go any lower than et28, at least not without ruining the rear panels, and I think that would be a shame of this body.. does anybody have any great ideas?

Comment

awesome work. Glad to see more people wrenching on old Italian cars I come from a FIAT Alfa Romeo family.

Comment

search for french car wheels (pegeot, renault), they have same bolt pattern and also require high ET

great work btw

Comment

Car looks great! Hard to find a good one around here....... I love that yellow Berlina Wagon. Ex Police car?
                We just did GTV 2000 motor swap in a original 58 Giulietta Sprint Veloce for vintage Rallyes. Alfas are right up my alley. If you need any rare parts let me know.

Anyways , I really like the Cromodora wheels on that car but how about some widened Alfa steelies with a polished lip and chrome center caps?
                1969 Karmann Ghia
                1985 E24 635CSi
                1996 Mitsubishi Pajero SR

Comment

Really want to see where you are going with this

Comment

Looks great man! Come over to the Dutch section under "International", we'd love to see you at the next meeting (or is it gonna be really long until you get your license?). Last of all, give me that 240Z, now. You better not tell me where you live, 'cause it'll probably be gone the following morning:P Absolute dream car right there!

Comment

I love this car
                      Volvo Build Thread
                      Bmw Build Thread
                      Toyota Build Thread
                      zanebonk instagram
                      Tumblrrrr

Comment

Thanks guys!
                        @karmannMarco, I used to work (and still sometimes do) work at a garage specialized in old alfa's, so mostly 105's, and every now and then a 101! so most of the time I don't have to search long for rare parts, only problem is the price... I'd love to go with halfly polished steelies, but I'd prefer 15", and original 15" steel alfa wheels are pretty rare..
                        @DDM, sure I'll come, I hope I'll be able of legally driving it in about a month!

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
                          I love this car
                          ^ this

Comment

Two great cars...hope you make them even greater.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckie View Post
                              Thanks guys!

@DDM, sure I'll come, I hope I'll be able of legally driving it in about a month!
                              Nice! Do a little introduction of yourself in the Dutch section

Comment

Working...
                              X