No announcement yet.

Moving my thread over... Sin City e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap, I overdid my photobucket account... standby while I try to get things back up and running.
    Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I'm still working on polishing the lips, but I wanted to see one of the wheels somewhat assembled...

Also, I went ahead and installed the M3 cams.

Comment

Also, I made a weekend trip to Brianhead for a little snowboarding before the season ends.

Yeah... in the e36.

Yeah, I got stuck.

Comment

What paint did you use that holds up on bolts?
          Originally posted by JC.
          'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

The paint is wheel paint, found at any parts store. I followed the same process as you would with painting anything else. Prep, sand, prime, paint, clear. It's tough, and the clear coat re-reinforce it a bit more. I am not too worried about their long-term appearance - after all, these are wheel bolts... they will not see anything that will really hurt the finish. You don't even put a socket on the head to install them.

Comment

Took a couple shots today with the EOS Rebel... I'm no photographer, but it's what I could get for now. I may head out tonight towards the strip to see if I can get a couple decent shots.

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Good god it's tough to white balance these wheels/lips. They just blend in the sun in the camera's eye because they're so bright!

Comment

the wheel bolts will not last more then a year painted nowmather how much u take care of them...i did mine the same way last year,now i had to splice the rim again to crome them.good luck

Comment

Comment

I'm just a bad photographer.

Comment

Well, I finally finished my BBS RC project. Polished the lips out today and reassembled them. Actually "finished" is not quite accurate. I am having a helluva time figuring out how to match my center caps to the color of the powdercoating. My paint guy beanzermin says he can match it, but the metallics in it are going to be nearly impossible to have exact. Bummer. Anyway, here's another pic for ya'll.

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

ahh.. clean e36

that is racing dynamic RRS rite? rare stuff

Comment

damn that looks clean! I'm in the process of refinishing my style 5's as well.
                            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post
                              I'm just a bad photographer.

THIS looks nice. A bit blurry tho but i like the light/color!

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post

And this is the hotness!!! Awesome super clean finish and great polishing job!

Cant believe how clean the entire car is Keep it up!
                              slamburglars.com

Comment

Thanks again fellas. I put in a shit-ton of work on this car... it's nice to see others liking it!

Comment

Working...
                                X