Golf Mk3 herp derp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what a brosama is but thanks.

Today I did some fenderwork so that the metal fenders would sit a bit closer to the plastic fenders when they are on the car.

Fuck these fenders.

Basically, back when i rolled them the first time I just went at it and then came to realize that the holes that hold the inner fender and outer plastic fenders are made by the devil. These holes caused the fenders to have a dip going on right in the middle, awesome. So today I did what I could to make it better, with combined use of a fender rolled, a hammer and an angle grinder (to get rid of some tabs):

This is the good side, the other side is shittier, in the end it's not going to matter since its under the plastic fenders. So the goal for today was to simply get them rolled close to flat and push them out a bit. I actually succeded quite well with that, as can kind of be seen here:

With the plastic fenders on, it should look something like this, I need to trim them a bit though:

I then brushed some paint over that shit and called it a day:

Next up: another boring update with gay rear fenders. Got some tires on the way though so thats atleast a bit more fun.
    Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Looking good, I am thinking about buy a mk3 myself, they have so much potential!
      - Thomas Lia -
      IG@thomaslia

Comment

Woop woop, update time.

Did some striping:

Sides will get stripes when the plastic fenders are back on, if I end up doing stripes on the sides, not sure yet. Did they even come with red stripes all around?

Also tires, no stretching this time around for reasons I've told before, not that the wheels are wide enough to require stretch anyway:

So from here on out it's mostly smaller stuff left to be done and in little over a month the winter should be over to the point where I can drive this shit on the roads.

When that time comes I will also sell my bmw and buy myself a nice project car so waste all of my money on, awesome.
        Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Good idea with the Stripe. Looks good.

Comment

What's this, an update?

So yeah, finally getting some real work done and the golf is pretty close to being done for the spring. Will be putting my e30 up for sale pretty soon and once it's sold it's time for the golf to hit the roads once again.

And thus, pictures;

Finished these as seen in an earlier post, so here's one with the centre cap on:

Also glued these bitches on:

Which brings us to the latest pictures and how it currently sits, I'm definately considering thicker spacers in the rear, something like 20-25mm and moving the 10mm ones to the front (and some more lows eventually):

Also touched up the rear spoiler/wing thing a bit:

I'm also on the hunt for some of these:

I have no idea as to what they are called but they are for the climatronic and light up the little screen with the temperature and info and that stuff.

And a bonus picture of my fathers car because it looks better then mine:

Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

So, had some nicer weather today, so I brought the car outside to snap some pics of the dirty thing.

And then I realized how high it is, lol.

I could use the "but it's going to be my daily..." excuse, but I wont, because even if it's true I still want to lower it atleast an inch or two.
              Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Updates updates, got some shit done today.

First up, I've been having some issues with one coilover making weird noises, turns out a little thing, some sort of bearing I guess had ended up the wrong way around last time we put them on. So we fixed that and now it's all good.

So I rolled the dirty thing out again and snapped some pics, this time with the center caps on:

And heres a shoop of how I'm hoping it will look after a wheel alignment and some lows:

A little more then an inch drop from where it is right now is the plan. I'm also thinking new headlights and there's always the possibility of thicker spacers for more flushness.

I'm also putting my E30 up for sale any day now and once that's gone I'll be getting something else to stance the shit out of now that the golf will be my daily
                Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Big news! Just sold my E30, which means the golf is back on the roads, coming up is a wheel adjustment, hopefully some headlights and possibly some spacers. And some lows, I thought about keeping it this height but it looks kinda silly on the 16" wheels, so for the sake of form over function I will eventually lower it another inch atleast.

I also know that the E30 is heading for a better life where a turbo, wider wheels and M3 flares are waiting. I might never see it again but it's nice to know what's in store for it.

Comment

Fuck yeah update time, proper update time.

The day began with this box of mysteries (not really)

Which contained more boxes yay:

And here's what was inside:

Old vs new:

Before:

After:

And how it turned out all together:

And now, the good stuff we all like:

And there you have it, a bit more spacer action and it will be back to it's former glory (and better), I'm thinking 20 or 25mm in the rear and putting the 10mm up front.
                    I'm planning on getting some 'custom' center cap stickers for the wheels aswell since I've lost one and I don't know where I can get new ones (without having to contact Kerscher).

Comment

So nice pictures!!
                      I shoot people.
                      http://www.flickr.com/vesar

Comment

More lows in future?

Comment

Nice!
                          'what size rims you have?

Comment

Working...
                          X