No announcement yet.

Another old VW but i want a build thread somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking awesome dude, love it man !! Hahah you're crazy bro - been through so many vdubs ahahha. Love what you're doing with the mk1, ive had 3 so far and im only 19 so i know where all your moneys going to go :P Im subscribed !!

Comment

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
      Fucking awesome dude, love it man !! Hahah you're crazy bro - been through so many vdubs ahahha. Love what you're doing with the mk1, ive had 3 so far and im only 19 so i know where all your moneys going to go :P Im subscribed !!
      thanks man. I'm only 21. i had the green rabbit in high school so i know where your at.
      doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

Got some ball joint extenders

Also finished up patching the pointless driver's side notch.

i know my welds aren't the best. but i always grind them down to make sure i made penetration then and do another bead ontop to finish weld them.

finished refreshing my shift linkage.

control arm hardware

drilling my spindles for the tie rod flip the correct way. PO i guess used a hand drill and caused the sleves to crack and the spindles to be fucked.

and not with new everything the front end is mostly back together

but before i put it back down and take pics people actually care about i decide to tackle shortening my axles.

5mm both sides. but the driver side will be a tad tough because of the hole its sold part I'm not to sure how to go about cutting it. so i guess ill have to find a machine shop to do it and taper the ends so the weld can penetrate deeper. then i will sleeve the axles where the cut it and good to go. don't worry i won't be welding my self. big thanks to my buddy skippy for all the help with the axles.
        Last edited by Minty_Fresh; 05-15-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

well making slow progress but i don't think any one really ever looks at this thread so ill just stick to pictures.

frame rail coat dripping out of everywhere.

also found me one of these

and some pics of the daily.

my friends are weird

Comment

nice work bro

lol at the weird friends haha
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

shit dude you know julian? he's good peoples. does he still have the red hatch?

Comment

good progress man, and dw im looking at the thread :P Quick Q though, are you just drilling the hub and flipping your standard tie rods? Everyone always gets the flip kit...

Oh and what exhaust is that, its awesome !!

Comment

Sick

Comment

good progress man, and dw im looking at the thread :P Quick Q though, are you just drilling the hub and flipping your standard tie rods? Everyone always gets the flip kit...

WUT no way I'd drop the money on new everything and ball joint extenders and just hammer my tie rods into a drilled spindle. I used the bug pack kit, drilled the spindle and pressed them in.

And it's a race land header, the quality looks decent and the fit was really good, slid right on.

Comment

What a car whore!

(I love every one)

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        nice work bro

lol at the weird friends haha
                        thank man.

Originally posted by Okoye View Post
                        shit dude you know julian? he's good peoples. does he still have the red hatch?
                        yea cool dude. has a teggy now.

if you look close you can see the flip kit sleeves in there.

Originally posted by markshulikov View Post
                        Sick

Originally posted by willis View Post
                        What a car whore!

(I love every one)
                        lol, i truly didn't even try to be lol. the s4 is here to stay no matter what but the rabbit will leave once I'm done with it.

Comment

loving the work you're doing dude!

Could I ask where you got those ball joint extenders? They look pretty good and I've been looking at getting some.
                          Originally posted by TRaNz
                          We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

Originally posted by foffa View Post
                            loving the work you're doing dude!

Could I ask where you got those ball joint extenders? They look pretty good and I've been looking at getting some.
                            this dude on vortex shocwav3, tell him minty fresh sent you.

Comment

Great work man. What makes you go through cars so much though?

Comment

nice vws men!

keep the pressure
                                cheap bagged 190 benz http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=190e

Comment

Working...
                                X