No announcement yet.

the legend of one low cobalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great work! usually seen on dubs and some bimmers but this is going to look proper

Comment

new interior stuff. i got wink mirror and the sparco wheel with nrg quick release which has been there, extended my shifter about a foot (love driving it!) and did a legitemate zebra carpet. no floor mats here. just gonna line the rear of the car with some mahogany i have and make it look real clean with the roll cage it should look super tight. so yeah, just waiting for my one 30mm spacer adapter to get my fitment right, if it's the right one i get the 3 others and then i'm basically done.

Comment

Originally posted by static all-star View Post
        normally, id say get the front down. but dont be retarded like me and lay frame on coils haha... but, i do know how far the nose of that car sticks out and how much it scrapes as i do own a css. i dig it. ive never seen one stanced and i cant wait to see this done!
        lol yup, my old CSS used to bottom out terribly when entering/exiting parking garages, and it was only lowered on springs......not coilovers.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

i'm an expert at that.

Comment

Loving the work your doing... So are you on Shims still or no.

Comment

i will be once i have the wheels on. the camber is too much for the narrow stock wheels. almost there guys! and thanks so much man

Comment

Ok, do you happen to have a pic of the shims you have and where did you get them? or are they something custom you did. I have an 09 SS thats why im asking so many question just so you know.

Comment

they are 1/4" thick steel plates i machined to fit under the bottom bolts on the hubs. it's really not the best idea. i know the risks i am taking here, and it's stressing parts of the rear that shouldnt be stressed. it also throws out the rear toe. to do this correctly. order real shims from SPC special products company they make eccentric bolts and such. make sure you have a lot of time on an alignment machine if you want to get it right.

Comment

I like where this is going, can't wait until the wheels are on.
                    Stance-less

Comment

• um....so i need to order spacer adapters today. front has to be 1.75" and rear has to be 2.25 inches. am i mad? is it unsafe? i need advice

Comment

• adapters ordered. 1.8" thick front, 2.3" thick rear. lots of poke, lots of camber. updates next week. interior finished.

fucked up that one cut on the middle access board. i'm gonna touch it up over time and get it looking real good. shift knob will be wood of course. i forgot how damn good the factory pioneer sub sounds in this car!
                        Last edited by ff_drift_lol; 11-09-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• spacers are gonna be here sometime next week. all 5x110 to 5x120.7 hub centric and the fronts are 1.8" wide rears are 2.3" wide. all tires mounted and balanced 215/45/r17 on 17x9.5" '90 corvette wheels. get ready for massive poke and camber.

Last edited by ff_drift_lol; 11-12-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• weird, i just bought a set of those exact style vette wheels for my cobalt like 2 weeks ago. only differance is mine are fully polished :|

cant wait to see how it looks thou.

Comment

• well i'm pretty positive i'm going to be pulling my fenders even possibly riveting on some fender flares. i love rat rods, and this car will definitely be on it's way to that once the wheels are on. oem chevy ftw man! love to see them polished, got any pics?

Comment

• yeah I'll snap some later tonight, thou they wont be goign on until next year as snow is coming fairly soon. getting a set of diamond steelies made as well, and gonna see if I can get my old set of rpf1s and maybe if im lucky a set of bbs rs as well. trying to wheel whore the car out next year.

You ever thought of rocking a wood grain hood on your car? think it would look pretty sweet with the look your going for. I was planning on doing the roof if I had got a black sedan, but since I got a red one, I wont be

Comment

Working...
                                X