Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter what I do, it's still a Cavalier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good.

Is it wrong some of the updates I enjoyed the most are the fabricated trans mount and quick disconnect bumper?
    I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

• Well I'll be...

Godspeed you, sir.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyO View Post
        This fuggin guy. lol

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        Now you just need toyota badges and junk.
        Haha, no badges for me.

Originally posted by z38cavalier View Post
        where about's in Ontario are you? I'm definetly gonna have to come for a drive a see this in person, I'm in Quebec so could get me some new scenery to go driving around with my car next summer!
        I'm in Stratford, pretty southern in Ontario.

Originally posted by wickedsnake00 View Post
        Looking good.

Is it wrong some of the updates I enjoyed the most are the fabricated trans mount and quick disconnect bumper?
        Thanks. I don't think that's wrong at all, good to know people enjoy that stuff, too!

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
        Well I'll be...

Godspeed you, sir.
        Thank you!

Minor update/bad news. The RHD clip that I had previously mentioned, is, well.... not in as great of shape as I had previously hoped.

That being said, I have found 4 cavaliers in Japan that are 100% complete cars. They're relatively cheap and they have a few items that I really wanted to find, aswell.

We'll see where this goes.

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• cant wait to see the rhd conversion complete! itd be unique if you swapped a 3sgte or a sr20det bluebird haha

Comment

• Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post

That being said, I have found 4 cavaliers in Japan that are 100% complete cars. They're relatively cheap and they have a few items that I really wanted to find, aswell.

We'll see where this goes.
            I'm curious as to how you found those and what the price range including shipping and all that crap comes to because there are a few parts I would love to get my hands on aswell!

Comment

• wow, car is looking awesome man! Glad to see the wheels turned out so well, the wider lip looks really good!

Comment

• Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
                They are a relatively simple quarter-turn fastener. I'll try to remember to grab some better pictures when I fully install them.

Got the engine back in tonight, I swear I'm getting WAY too good at this. Sat on the stool and stared at the engine mount area for quite a while, and finally laid down a design on some paper. Measured it up and finalized a couple drawings. Hopefully my cousin will fold up the first major piece of it tomorrow and from there I can finish the rest of the mount over the weekend.

For now, here's some pictures of the engine in it's home.... again, this time with both wheel tubs and 90% of the metal work finished.

i spy 1jz e30 =]
                "Chop it and Drop it"
                insta---> @Tanis_j

Comment

• Originally posted by 05subysti View Post
                  cant wait to see the rhd conversion complete! itd be unique if you swapped a 3sgte or a sr20det bluebird haha
                  why would he? the Ecotec in it is a super stout motor if built proper. Reason why you can buy a book from GM on how to make 1200hp out of these little motors with every part # you'll need.

HoowYbrow, You going to use the JDM front fenders? I hear their wider then the USDM's.
                  Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Awesome job! Love what you're doing there.

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                      HoowYbrow, You going to use the JDM front fenders? I hear their wider then the USDM's.
                      If it were me I wouldn't. The wheels fit pretty tits as it is right now so wider fenders would mean spacers. Just my thoughts.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Pretty sure he's already got Toyo fenders.
                        Unless he put side markers in his stock ones.
                        It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

• I absolutely love every second of this. This has always been one of my favorite cars.

RHD and it's game over for the Cavalier game.
                          IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

• Best. Cavalier. Ever.
                            Instagram @benseifert666
                            #shitboxcolt build thread revival coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by 05subysti View Post
                              cant wait to see the rhd conversion complete! itd be unique if you swapped a 3sgte or a sr20det bluebird haha
                              Thanks! The ecotec handles the 16lbs of boost I toss at it just fine. There is a built one hanging around the shop too...

Originally posted by z38cavalier View Post
                              I'm curious as to how you found those and what the price range including shipping and all that crap comes to because there are a few parts I would love to get my hands on aswell!
                              I scratched that idea... the cars ranged from $1000-$1800 USD, which I thought was a steal. The shipping, however, $2000-$4000. FUCK THAT.

Originally posted by young gonna View Post
                              wow, car is looking awesome man! Glad to see the wheels turned out so well, the wider lip looks really good!
                              Thanks dude, agree!

Originally posted by e30Hybrid View Post
                              i spy 1jz e30 =]
                              Yes, you sure do! Good eye.

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                              why would he? the Ecotec in it is a super stout motor if built proper. Reason why you can buy a book from GM on how to make 1200hp out of these little motors with every part # you'll need.

I have said build book, it's pretty spectacular.

And no, I won't be. They are wider but my stock fenders fit 10's just fantastic.

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
                              Awesome job! Love what you're doing there.
                              Thank you!

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                              If it were me I wouldn't. The wheels fit pretty tits as it is right now so wider fenders would mean spacers. Just my thoughts.
                              Your thoughts suck, Andy.

Originally posted by MrDanguy View Post
                              Pretty sure he's already got Toyo fenders.
                              Unless he put side markers in his stock ones.
                              Stock. Saab sidemarkers. Have brand new factory fenders in boxes from GM. Boom.

Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                              I absolutely love every second of this. This has always been one of my favorite cars.

RHD and it's game over for the Cavalier game.
                              Thanks, homie!

Originally posted by Ben_S View Post
                              Best. Cavalier. Ever.

So. This week, so far, has been spent contacting importers in search of a half-cut. Importing an entire car is 100% out of the question.

Importers SUCK. No one even will look. I've contacted at least eight separate places so far, all basically tell me to go fuck myself before I even tell them what I'm looking for.

As far as working on the car goes, finished gutting it. Looks about ready for the wrecking yard.

Also got the left side metal work almost completely buttoned up. Just need to finish the unibody underside. I've got lots to keep me going until this RHD thing is sorted out. I said it's happening, so it's going to fucking happen.

Picture time. Hurrah.

Also picked up/was gifted a new intercooler without meaning to.

Considerabley larger.

Boring update is boring. Sorry!
                              Last edited by HooWybrow; 01-16-2013, 10:00 PM.

Originally posted by Kielan
                              Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...8&t=465695&p=1
                                This guy manged to get a RHD clip, so it is possible. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X