Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEL SLO (technically DEL NO GO) never driven it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW HOME!
    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• haha im surprised the garage isnt full of cars. looks good though dude. get that new fender!

IG: Nick475

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
        haha im surprised the garage isnt full of cars. looks good though dude. get that new fender!
        Well, see..... the thing is.... you can't see what's to the right or behind me.

Observe the tire tracks! LOL

I'll get to the fender eventually. I might go to the garage and tackle the leak going into my blower motor after I get something to eat.
        Last edited by los02; 04-25-2013, 04:58 PM.
        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Since the car is now protected from the elements I took the fender off:

No real damage to the body other than a bent tab

Poor fender RIP

Then I decided to find out what is causing the leak into the blower motor: Started with this:

After some frustration and cussing I just ended up breaking a bunch of plastic rivets to get to this point

Then I inspected this:

And remembered that EG civics are not build like DA Integras. So my leak is not the common bad dry rotted grommet thing as on Integras.

Then I flipped the cowl over and and found this:

The only thing I can see allowing any water to get in is the fact that the foam seal in the picture is dry rotted in a few spots. So when I get a chance I will be putting some sort of gasket seal or new foam to see if that solves my issue. I also may take the hood hinges completely off to make installing the cowl 100 times easier! I also have to order some clips and pieces that I broke.
          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• While on a random junkyard run I came across a CLEAN ls mesh wheel to replace the one that fell off and damaged the mounting surface. Good tire with great thread too.

So now I have a clean set again.
            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Damn good build. Thoroughly entertained. You ever find out who the stupid fuckwit that reported you was?

Comment

• You seem to do alot of fucking about car wise and i think that's pretty cool. But you should do more to it, i've never seen a del slow that's really impressed me :/ not that i dont think yours is cool. its cool.ok.

Comment

• Cory, this car is so amazing.
                  ///M3

Comment

• So after reading this whole thing, i came to the conclusion that 1. why dont you have a tow truck? lol . 2. Aha at the end of the fourth page i noticed you had passed the deadline by a while 3. i have a headache from reading all 1 hour and 30 minutes worth of a sick forum. and 4. i have to give you so much props dude, buying and selling over 10 cars is something insane, but when you buy and sell over 100 cars and swap engines, transmissions, etc on a few of the is hard f''ing core! I hope this thing gets done soon dude, Thanks for sharing and best of luck,

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by aeok18109 View Post
                      Damn good build. Thoroughly entertained. You ever find out who the stupid fuckwit that reported you was?
                      Thank you. Yes I did.
                      Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                      You seem to do alot of fucking about car wise and i think that's pretty cool. But you should do more to it, i've never seen a del slow that's really impressed me :/ not that i dont think yours is cool. its cool.ok.
                      I understand where your coming from. My schedule with work is irratic and I have a lot of other projects going that I don't even bring up in here.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Pedobear View Post
                      Cory, this car is so amazing.
                      Thank you.
                      Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                      So after reading this whole thing, i came to the conclusion that 1. why dont you have a tow truck? lol . 2. Aha at the end of the fourth page i noticed you had passed the deadline by a while 3. i have a headache from reading all 1 hour and 30 minutes worth of a sick forum. and 4. i have to give you so much props dude, buying and selling over 10 cars is something insane, but when you buy and sell over 100 cars and swap engines, transmissions, etc on a few of the is hard f''ing core! I hope this thing gets done soon dude, Thanks for sharing and best of luck,
                      Tow truck is a want. But I will probably just overhaul the brakes on my Tahoe and get a car trailer with a winch.

Smidge of an update. Finally got some time in the garage today working on some other cars. While I was waiting for a battery to charge I threw on the LS mesh I picked up a little while ago.

photo 20130715_203315_zps9b863507.jpg

THAT'S IT! That's all I got!

I obviously have more things to get done. But one of my AC lines in my daily got a hole in it from rubbing the radiator. And fixing that is a priority. Pulled a good line off of one of the Civics I'm parting out. I'll install it tomorrow. It's going to be too hot this week to not have AC!
                      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• Man, what a journey!

Props for all of the work you've done, and thanks for the step-by-step of the process. I could've saved you a lot of trouble and just sold you mine! I also have a '97 Si (D16Y8, 5-speed, white, with power everything and A/C), like yours. It's going to be for sale soon, as I'm going to sell all of my cars and projects, then just find ONE vehicle to keep and mess with. That, and I'm 36- the wrong age to be driving a Del Sol (not a kid anymore, and not yet midlife crisis age, haha). Before long, I'll probably be trying to wedge a 426 Hemi down into it if I keep it. I just had the engine rebuilt less than 300 miles ago and it's rust-free. I can see how they have rust issues, with the steel being paper-thin! I was lucky, though- mine was in Florida from '97-'09. Now, it's in Southern Indiana, which means it'll be a rust bucket in ten years of daily driving. But, man.... it's a blast to drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostnettenes View Post
                          Props for all of the work you've done, and thanks for the step-by-step of the process. I could've saved you a lot of trouble and just sold you mine! I also have a '97 Si (D16Y8, 5-speed, white, with power everything and A/C), like yours.
                          Thank you. But I don't have a Y8 in mine!
                          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• I wanna see the finished product! I'm trying to decide what to to motor wise to my del Sol(Stacy) after paint, and more suspension work

Comment

• Originally posted by Slammed_Sol View Post
                              I wanna see the finished product! I'm trying to decide what to to motor wise to my del Sol(Stacy) after paint, and more suspension work
                              Put a K series in it! That's what I might do when I pick up a wrecked RSX.
                              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• in to see if this thing ever gets finished

Comment

Working...
                                X