the sorta flush nissan missile truck.....PICTURE WHORE WARNING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seriously can't wait to see this truck finished
    My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

• small update nothing special but necessary none the less.

shortened the tc brackets, and put brackets on it so it can bolt through the frame and welded plates on it to protect it from the inevitable ground smashing it will be doing. haha

bolted through the frame

& bolted to the bottom of the frame

look like mini skid plates

new ground clearance

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• Originally posted by pejsa View Post
        small update nothing special but necessary none the less.

shortened the tc brackets, and put brackets on it so it can bolt through the frame and welded plates on it to protect it from the inevitable ground smashing it will be doing. haha

you'll probably ignore me again, but I feel like people here either aren't being honest with you or they just don't know any better. you need to practice your welding more and/or get someone who knows what they're doing to do critical work like this. these tabs hold your castor arms to the chassis and the don't look to be of a decent quality. worse still is the weld at the side has been ground down, meaning it was probably the worst. this is where fatigue cracking will start, and potentially lead to the whole tab being ripped off your bracket.

in the nicest way possible, PLEASE practice your welding more and/or get some professional help/advice. people are going to read this thread and think that this is an acceptable build quality, and its not (of course, in my meaningless, "internet expert/keyboard warrior" opinion)
        sigpic
        Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
        Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
        Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• i appreciate it but the only reason i grinded down that section of weld was to clear the tow hooks.

its full welded on both sides. the reason the welds don't look all that pretty is because i had to fill a pretty large gap.

and honestly if it fails so be it, i learn by doing it, and i will learn something if it breaks like you predict.

and i haven't ignored the things you have said.

1. you said the geometry of my rear suspension was bad. i responded with the fact that i knew that and had since been changed. IE: the triangulated upper link with a pan hard bar. changed to a basic 3 link with a pan hard bar.

2. you said the shock hoops where going to fail and needed another brace/bar. i acknowledged that fact and stated that i am going to add more bracing to it.

3. and this......i hear you bro i hear you

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• "this is garbage it will fall apart"..... Honestly the best way of learning what not to do is learning from mistakes made. Ive seen worse welds hold up. hell I have a way nasty looking weld going on in my trunk on that strut tower i showed you. Its held up for 350 miles of daily driving since i welded it last Thursday :paranoid: I look at this work and its better than what i got going on. And *knock on wood* nothing bad has happened yet. But holy shit man that clearance is INSANE !!!
            C280 Build Thread
            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• thanks man, glad to hear you got your shock towers fixed. must feel nice havin it back on the road

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• Originally posted by pejsa View Post
                thanks man, glad to hear you got your shock towers fixed. must feel nice havin it back on the road
                Indeed ! The true test for it comes this weekend when I drive to Vegas for wuste.
                C280 Build Thread
                C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• have fun dude someday i would like to attend even though i don't own a euro car

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• tony danza
                    Last edited by Bobbythunder; 06-26-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• any updates?

Comment

• i get payed on the 5th and there will be a very healthy dosage of updates =]

things have been crazy lately. my uncle passed away and I'm super busy working 6 days a week now cause some one got shit canned. just trying to align all the stars so this comes together in time.

on a lighter note i picked up a partial sponsor for wheels (depending on if this gets finished)......not sure if i can mention the company name yet or not though

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• I don't have a great deal of confidence in your welds, but you seem to have an idea of what you're doing.

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• thought this was super cool, definitely made my day.

truck made it on speedhunters =]

When you think about it, mini trucks make for fantastic drift platforms - especially here in the United States. They have the qualities most look for in a drift vehicle - they are dirt cheap, plentiful in numbers, rear wheel drive, and light weight. Sure, their suspension may not have been designed for aggressive driving, but I've seen plenty of them made into fun slide machines even with relatively little in the way of modifications.

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

• Well deserved.

...but now you HAVE to finish it!
                              Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
                              Quitters never stance.

Comment

• i want one

Comment

Working...
                                X