No announcement yet.

A taurus wagon? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I was going to wait until I could post more pictures, buuut. I got the second strut top built and installed and started making space in the inner fender area for more low. I'm having something of an air leakage problem. I have checked all of my fittings and they seem air tight, so I'm a bit worried it may be an internal problem with the bag. This is my first time using a bag strut, How much if any leak down is normal? I've started work on the rear bags as well, however fords "don't f**k with me" engineering mentality is going to make that more difficult than anticipated. The spring is held with just the spring pressure and two little rubber biscuits. As soon as I air down the bag it has the potential to slip out of place if I mount it in the factory fashion. Any way I have some engineering to do. once I get the rears rapped up I'm going to pull the rear bumper for step pad, and marker light removal, as well as exaust notches. Also what are you bag folks using in the way of strut bearings? As soon as I have a non cellphone internet connection I'll post up some more pictures.

Comment

• I totally want to ride in that rear seat and drop m&ms on your subwoofer and have them bounce into my mouth.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
      you sir, win this battle.
      “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• i gotta say i had my doubts, but this thing is looking good. good job so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Krank View Post
          I totally want to ride in that rear seat and drop m&ms on your subwoofer and have them bounce into my mouth.
          This is the most amazing thing I have ever heard ever.

As much as this car sucks 99.9% of the time is as much as this .1% is awesome.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
            Ok I was going to wait until I could post more pictures, buuut. I got the second strut top built and installed and started making space in the inner fender area for more low. I'm having something of an air leakage problem. I have checked all of my fittings and they seem air tight, so I'm a bit worried it may be an internal problem with the bag. This is my first time using a bag strut, How much if any leak down is normal? I've started work on the rear bags as well, however fords "don't f**k with me" engineering mentality is going to make that more difficult than anticipated. The spring is held with just the spring pressure and two little rubber biscuits. As soon as I air down the bag it has the potential to slip out of place if I mount it in the factory fashion. Any way I have some engineering to do. once I get the rears rapped up I'm going to pull the rear bumper for step pad, and marker light removal, as well as exaust notches. Also what are you bag folks using in the way of strut bearings? As soon as I have a non cellphone internet connection I'll post up some more pictures.
            I bolted my airbag mounting brackets on top (the side with the valve) and the bag's metal end directly to the bottom of my spring seat. Typically, people say to tack weld the brackets to the spring perch, but it won't just sit there under pressure like a spring - top and bottom need to be fixed to the car.

Edit: As for leak down, I think the bag-over-strut design has a tendency to leak a little, but if your struts have quick connect fittings, those things leak like hell when you turn the car. If so, I would swap them to normal compression fittings.
            Last edited by exexpat; 11-15-2011, 02:00 AM.
            My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• This thread is awesome! Subscribed for more updates. When I clicked the link, I thought to myself "I hope he does this right and goes bags or hydros."

Comment

• Want more!!!

Comment

• This is really great man. I was surprised how well the front turned out and now I'm dying to see what happens to the rear!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

• Looking great!

Comment

• still following
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• id like to see where this goes
                        1994 LS400
                        1992 S13 Vert

Comment

• subscribed... this is gonna be TITS

Comment

• Originally posted by staytuned05 View Post
                            subscribed... this is gonna be TITS
                            x2

Comment

• diggin this deal. bagged wagons are sick. this will prob be my second fav bagged wagon

03 cavalier
                              73 Super Beetle
                              68 Fairlane-aka FastLane
                              "I Got More Watts Then Youve Got Horse Power"

Comment

• Love what you have done so far. Those new strut tops are sweet. Nice fabrication, and pretty welds. What machine do you use?
                                sigpic
                                GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

Working...
                                X