X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm yes..

Excited to see the lows.

Comment

I'm excited to see this, but I'm pretty sure you started with the ugliest car ever made.
      Jason
      flickr
      build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
        Ya Im going to do that this weekend when I'm playing with things. Say do you know where to get another center cap? The one that I re-glued didn't survive the freeway break in.

I also have some the center badges and can throw one in the mail. Nothing will hold well except 3M molding tape.
        My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

yesss, i love things like this.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

rad. I like that you're representing it seriously instead of doing retarded shit to it like most kids who got a free "ugly" car would.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
              rad. I like that you're representing it seriously instead of doing retarded shit to it like most kids who got a free "ugly" car would.
              this. It's gonna be one fly Taurus, that's for sure.

Comment

I see potential. I'll check back for updates for sure.
                MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

bring the rears out a little more, add some lows. Really like the wheels!!!

Comment

Can't wait to see this thing with some stance.

Comment

I don't see this as ugly or the ugliest car ever. Blank canvas: yes. Not a 3-series, VW or 240: ok. The first two generations of Taurus were bad, but I'd put this about where I would put a B3, B4 or B5.5 Passat or an E65. There are just even fewer of these modded.
                      My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Updates please. I'm excited, like the anticipation of a new episode of a TV show.

Comment

I like this. Excited for baggage.

Can we see some better pics of the wheels? I realize this is 4x4 unmodded status but some side profile pics would be nice.

Thx and good work.

Comment

Welllllll... I spent the weekend building the front bags and getting them installed with shrader valves. I'll try to make a trip to Sherry's to use their WIFI to post up some pics. My cell phone just can't handle it.

Comment

All right now I'm here at Sherry's eating a bowl of soup in exchange for their wifi. So here are some pictures.

I had to convert the struts from nissan altima to ford taurus. It was actually quite a bit easier than I anticipated. Cut cut here weld weld there and now the measure out the same as the factory struts.

Aaand put it in the hole.

Here is the requested profile shot, in not quite as "dump truck" mode. I still have a bit of work left to do to get it lower.I now see why your average taurus owner doesn't do anything to these. I'll have to make new strut tops as the ones from the factory strut are too thick. I think I can pick up an extra 3/4 of an inch by just addressing that. I also need to notch the frame a wee bit to clear the lower control arm.

I know I know, You guys roll this low static, But I still have work to do it will be lower. BUT it is so much better than it was.

Once I handle the rest of the front work Ill get the backs done. They should be easier. Then management. I want the accuair set up but I'm afraid its a bit out of my price range. Then who knows maybe some rotiform 19s or 20s .

Comment

this is actually so damn cool lol

Comment

Working...
                                X