No announcement yet.

A taurus wagon? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so mad cool. I always wanted to take a ***** car and turn it into something awesome like you did with the taurus. Props for your amazing skills.
    38Motion-Member
    VAG - Von der Wiege bis ins Grab

My Polo / Ibiza build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46681

Comment

• Awesome taurus wagon, i want to see it with some vip wheels! :-)

Transmetropolitan IG: Awful_Hero
      FB: Unfriendly.Garage The Volvo Wagon Build *SW*

Comment

• Cheers bro.
        My build thread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

• Daaaaaayuummm! I never thought id get to witness so much win! A stanced taurus wagon... Umbeliably awesome mate!!
          "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
          Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
          Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
          Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
          Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

• I always love when people bring rarely modified cars into the stance world and yours is exactly what I enjoy seeing, keep it up!

Comment

• Wow, Thanks guys! As always I appreciate the support! I was going to wait till I was done but shoot here is a little update. Sooooo, I love the way the car rides on the z'd control arms. I can drive it two inches lower Just to the top of the rim and still be on a nice cushion of air. The problem I'm running into is aligning it properly. at this point the front link is being pulled on so hard when its aired down the I have a pretty major tow in issue. It still drives fine, I just don't want to eat my tires...them shits are spend. I have also been wanting a little more spacing and a little more camber for a more aggressive look. Therefor the only solution is to completely do away with ford's control arms. the plan is to make up two new tubular control arms that will be threaded where they meet the rear knuckle. this will allow me to adjust for both camber and toe by simply threading in or out on the front or back. Think 1960's indy car. So...

I started by making a jig off of a good clean unmolested ford control arm. Started with a piece of fairly heave wall 10x2 box tube.

Carefully measured for centers and laid out where the arm needs to sit to be square to the jig.

Then I tacked the arm to the base, built stanchions to bolt the arm to and welded them on. this will give me exact factory mounting distances.

Ill hit the metal yard tomorrow and pick up the DOM tube I need and buy some grade 10 3/4 bolts to make into the adjusters and start fitting everything together.

now just for fun... Can you fit a complete set of 27 inch rims and tires in the back of your car? I can.;D

No they are not mine... I don't live in tacoma...

And one just because.

Comment

• Ooh dat booty

Comment

• I want one now so bad. Great job man!

Comment

• I really do like this car. Just to give you a heads up in about a month or so (whenever they get here) I'll be getting new wheels and selling the ones I have now (see my sig) and I share your 5x108 pattern.
                    sigpic
                    04 X-type | 2.5L 5-speed | KW Coilovers | 19x9.5 bbs style (not real) wheels w/ 245/35/19s | Mina Gallery exhaust | Specter intake | slotted and drilled rotors | race seats | Redline leather shift boots and suede steering wheel wrap | black mesh grills | Cosmo racing short shifter | trunk lip spoiler | euro front bumper blades |

Comment

• Much prefer it at this height, due to the body lines when the rear ends tucked it looks like reverse rake but needs different wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post

No they are not mine... I don't live in tacoma...
                        As a kid that went to PLU for a semester, I about died when I read that!!!
                        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Thanks guys. No offense intended to any Tacomiens or former Tacomiens... Some of my best friends are Tacomiens.... As far as hight is concerned, thats the beauty of air i can put it where ever I want, or you want... if I'm taking requests that day. Lets see who else, Oh wheels. I don't know about meshes on this car might be a little to sporty. I gotta keep that church/ grocery getter vibe up. Well not much to update I just had a bunch of teeth pulled so Ive been down and out a little ... but here are some pictures i took at the graffiti garage a few weeks ago. As you can see in the pictures, I candied my back up light red waaaaaay cleaner and well i needed more to get pulled over for.

Comment

• damn, girl is clean

Comment

• damm thats cool, you've done an awesome job. I'm glad you chose this as a base for a project car, it's good to see people doing something different every once and a while.

Comment

• Alright… Try this again. I just spent 30 minutes writing an update and some how got logged out and it would post… So here we go. readers digest version. Ive been kinda tired of the car, been using it as my daily beater for that last 5 months or so. It gets better millage than my truck. Summer is coming and I decided the car deserves better. SO I bought it some new… used shoes. That don't fit… So I'm gonna have to put the car on steroids to make them fit. Ill have to widen the rear about 2 inches on each side, and the fronts about an inch. Hopefully I can keep it fairly stock looking. The wheels are 20x10s up front and 20x11s out back. Its a little tight under these cars so the only way to move is out. First step will be getting them bolted up. Im going to order adapters this week. then I can start making them fit.

Bye bye OEM+

Cat Approved!

Comment

Working...
                                X