No announcement yet.

Just a Truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really much of an update on the truck except the fact it is in one piece. Iv'e really just been enjoying the truck and driving it locally around to shows and showing it off.

I recently helped my GF purchase a steal of a deal on a brand new 15'' 4Runner. I told her that a body drop is in the near future.
    Untitled by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Hanging out in the corn field the other day...

Recently went to a show and ended up hanging with some old heads talking about the past and how the scene is so different. At the end of the day i ended up taking a Top 75 in the show.

Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
    Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• Are you going to H2o

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• It's been awhile!

This summer i got a bunch of things planned! Stay tuned
        Lately iv'e just been enjoying it, cruising around to shows and meets with friends

Enjoy this pic of the truck coming out of hibernation this weekend for its detail/bath.
        001 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• Ended up picking myself up a GoPro 4 BE and though i would do some 4K testing and messing around with some of the quality settings. I didn't spend much time editing but this is the outcome.

Updates will be coming soon, and i will be starting to do VLogs as i progress on the truck now.

Enjoy.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7CwFkl-QRc

BathTime by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• Your washing technique is quite interesting

Comment

• Started a project ive held off for wayyyy to long! Pulling the fenders and relocating things for more lows and future projects (Engine, Turbo, SFBD, ect.)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxNmhCWDHg

fenders by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Comment

• Man I've been slacking with the updates on the build! Well lets just say once again not alot has been going on since i have been so busy with life that i have just been enjoying the truck.

Moved into an Apt with the GF, picked up a fancy new job and a bunch of other things.

The truck is still in one piece which is a plus! I has to replace the bushing and snap rings in my wishbone since one sunny day they decided to fail on for some unknown reason. Managed to get it back on the road the following day. The only thing that i have done all summer is just kept up with maintenance and started to brainstorm the next steps of the build.

Untitled

href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/68193258@N07/30863815302/in/dateposted-public/" title="Untitled">Untitled

I did however get the chance to get my hands on helping the GF with here 4Runner build. Nothing special really but i'd say i'm a little jealous on her daily.

Untitled

I then later decided to get myself a new daily/tow pig but ended up waiting for the end of the year (Which is Now) for the Black Friday/Holiday Sales. Hopefully ill have it in the next few weeks or so!

Untitled

Unfortunately a few weeks ago I lost my pops that was battling stage 4 cancer. Some of you may remember the 73'' Nova me and him rebuilt that he had owned since he was 16yrs old. My passion for the automotive industry and culture was all because of him. I'm not looking to have a pity party but technically I wouldn't be on here if it wasn't for him. Iv'e learned everything i know because of him. I plan to continue building the Nova on top of trying to finish my truck so be on the lookout for pics and updates on the car as well.

Untitled
                Untitled

I plan to compile a list of information that is going to be the next steps on the build for the truck!

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your dad. Losing someone who was not only a significant part of your life, but also a significant part of your hobby and passion, is very tough.

Comment

• Definitely sorry to hear about your Pops. It's rough losing a loved one but it's also good to carry on with the plans you two had set. You'll feel good finishing it. Much success to you! GF's 4Runner is looking good. I say lift it instead of dropping it or honestly, just leave it!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

• Sorry to hear Man, Its not Easy. My Pops has Stage 3 Myeloma Cancer right now. Its never Easy.
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your dad. Saw your post on instagram. Can't imagine what that is like to go through.

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father, but it's a blessing that you both investing time into creating a tangible momento of your shared love for the automotive culture.
                          sigpic
                          Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• Thanks for showing all of the love n support everyone. It wont be easy to start wrenching on my truck or the nova without having my pops around but i know hes still going to be watching over me.

On a better note, i have a list of some of the next steps of the build for the S-10 which some of you may enjoy!

First off, I plan on replacing the bed & fenders with "Izusu Hombre" ones and then fitting the S10 headlights in them as if they were stock fenders. I'll end up sectioning them into pieces and re-fabricating the headlights body lines together. I personally like the fact that the fenders/bed have a flare in the molding of them, PLUS it will allow me to have a but more wheel clearance for more lows and wider wheels in the future.

The hood is a bit of a cluster due to the fact it only works with an hombre front end so ill have to brainstorm some ideas when i get into that part of the switch-up.

Hombre Hood/Fender Setup

The next thing would be to finally rip out the 4cyl 2.2 and start the long journey of learning the basics and also the engineering behind rotary engines.
                            Realistically i would love to be able to find a reliable Mazda 20B and use that as the heart and maybe throw a snail onto it. Rotary engines have always won me over when it comes it racing with the unique sound it caries. The goal would be to get it into the truck, running and then maybe down the line re-build it and make some power out of it.

I know it's gonna end up being a huge money pit and learning curve so ill have to prepare my bank account for this part of the build if i go through with it.

Mazda 20B Setup

Iv'e also thought about running a snail on the 2.2 and run it into the ground so i'm forced to replace/rebuild a new heart for the truck. When i was younger i thought it was so cool and then realized i have to have money to be able to do this kind of thing so no wi can make it happen at the flick of the wrist
                            Last edited by way2fastx3; 11-21-2016, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Came across this picture the other day and though i'd throw it up here.

This is the final product of pulling out the PS fender. About 95% of the wires running from the battery/CPU are "Inside" the fender now instead of floating around and dangling. I have a few small things to do but those are long-term items for when i do the fender swap-out down the road.

Come spring time, i should have the driver side fender out and also the new transmission x-member to allow the truck to lay frame from front to rear. At the moment the current transmission x-member hangs a good inch or 2 from the frames stock position.

PS Fender Finished
                              Last edited by way2fastx3; 12-02-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• I love the Hombre flares on the fenders and bed, excited to see how this looks. I wish they made Hombres in longbed style.
                                i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

Working...
                                X