Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Originally posted by J954sho View Post
    Wow!!!! awesome build & as a bodyman/painter I can say u are definetly on the right track...Subscribed!!! Let's get that piece painted
    Yeah I'm learning as I go on the body and paint.. Any tips are appreciated. I've had a couple people letting me know when I mess up but I've pretty much been using the good ol' internet for tips so far. My plan as of now is to spray it, lay down a couple coats of clear, then 800 it all back down and do 2-3 more coats.

Comment

Great thread!

I'll definitely be referencing this over winter! keep up the great work, and kudos for jumping in with two feet!

Comment

Those wheels are hawt. Can't wait to see it finished !

Comment

nice work man love the attention

Comment

looks fucking awesome!
            24V E30 IG:AGUSTINGIG

Comment

Makes me want to actually work on mine hahaha If I had a garage.

Comment

Looking good so far!!!

Comment

bump. i want to see this

Comment

Just finished blocking today, so the car is officially ready to spray. I saved the worst panel for last, which was the messed up rear quarter, I really had to spend time blocking it to keep it looking right. After I finished blocking the primer with 320, I wetsanded the whole car with 600 on a spongy block. It's looking pretty good for a n00b IMO. Next update should be with some color

Here is my quarter after bondo'd over rust, fender pull and a motorcycle falling on it after the bodywork was initially completed. Not perfect but I'm happy with it

Comment

I shouldn't be as excited as I am right now to see this.

Comment

good work! i love e34

Comment

keep updating, great work!

flickr

Comment

this is such an ordinary E34 DD build

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post

Here is my quarter after bondo'd over rust, fender pull and a motorcycle falling on it after the bodywork was initially completed. Not perfect but I'm happy with it

I dunno, looks pretty damn good to me. Great work!

Comment

Finally got the car painted, took a bunch of bad quality phone pics but that's all I had with me so here they are:

Night before, foaming with dish soap to remove all of the contaminants that have accumulated on it from sitting in a detail shop for months

After laying down the base. We had some concerns here because the base was looking splotchy.. But after letting it flash completely and dusting the final coat of base everything looked good

And here it is after 4 coats of SPI universal clear

I'm really happy with the way it came out. Keep in mind this is just out of the gun as well. I'll spend the next week or two colorsanding and polishing the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X