Senza pari 280z build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few photos from the last month or so:

Welding in the new camber plates... As some of you may or may not know, there are no bolt in coilover kits like that of most modern cars. The strut housing and hub assembly is one unit, and in order to use a modern coilover, there is a bit of fabrication involved. Weld-in camber plates and threaded sleeves are available, but because I am using 18" wheels, and still want to go rather low, the sleeves that are available would not work well for me.
    So, I had to make my own.

Untitled by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

Now, the body of the car sits much lower than most Z's, relative to the center of the wheels (again, joys of using 18's instead of 14 or 15's). This puts the steering geometry quite a bit out of whack. In order to get it back closer to parallel, spacers are used to lower the mounting point of the lower arm. It's still not ideal, but at least I don't have any suspension/sway bar interference anymore. I'll go back and address this down the road at some point...

A few static shots...

Inner fenders cleaned up and painted black:

Trimming rear fenders:

Trimming front fenders (disregard jacked up camber):

Camber straightened out:

SENZA PARI

SENZA PARI by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
    Flickr Album:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/74953263@N07/

Comment

• what's the deal with the cut up L28 intake manifolds?

Comment

• See post #678 from the previous page. We build custom plenums for L28's and L series motors using only the stock manifold cores. We cut off the factory plenum, leaving 4" of runners and build our own.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        what's the deal with the cut up L28 intake manifolds?
        SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• beastly. I want to see it driving around as is.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Hea,hea! He's back-and we're grateful for that! From the sounds of things, you're too busy to watch TV, so I'll up date you a bit. "Glamoured" is a term from HBO's "True Blood" - a vampire series. Basically, the vampires, by just looking and speaking alone can hypnotize motals-just like your team's work! Wasn't saying you're glamorizing your work to us.

I think I can say for all of us, we hope, every morning we wake up to see a new post from you. It's magic what you got going on.

Again, my thread was to appeal to the "ego" and get SOMETHING, ANYTHING from you! Haha, much love and do you think you could post maybe twice a month? Just twice, cause my crack habit ain't covering this SENZA PARI addiction!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
              Hea,hea! He's back-and we're grateful for that! From the sounds of things, you're too busy to watch TV, so I'll up date you a bit. "Glamoured" is a term from HBO's "True Blood" - a vampire series. Basically, the vampires, by just looking and speaking alone can hypnotize motals-just like your team's work! Wasn't saying you're glamorizing your work to us.

I think I can say for all of us, we hope, every morning we wake up to see a new post from you. It's magic what you got going on.

Again, my thread was to appeal to the "ego" and get SOMETHING, ANYTHING from you! Haha, much love and do you think you could post maybe twice a month? Just twice, cause my crack habit ain't covering this SENZA PARI addiction!
              Ha! You are correct, there is no time for TV. I may catch a re-run of Seinfeld now and then, but that's all. I might as well sell my TV.

I'll see what I can do about updating this thread more frequently. Hopefully things progress a little quicker once the suspension is in and sorted out. Fingers crossed??
              SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• This is easily one of the most interesting builds I've seen. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is incredible. Something about machine work and race cars makes me feel like a child. I can't wait to see this finished. I hope you can keep interest and follow through because this is going to be a car to remember.
                IG: Dimitriantoniou
                1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

• If this build is going to take ten years I will read for ten years.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                    If this build is going to take ten years I will read for ten years.
                    +1. Maybe by then I'll have my own Z car.
                    Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

• Damn. Very nice Z.
                      Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

• Originally posted by SENZA PARI View Post
                        The design and fabrication work that you see is not my day job, but something I do on the side.
                        Fuck me I may as well give up on life now aha

Show us some of that furniture? If your side projects are this face melting I'd love to see what you do for a living

Comment

• Originally posted by Blenc View Post

Show us some of that furniture? If your side projects are this face melting I'd love to see what you do for a living
                          This!!!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                            If this build is going to take ten years I will read for ten years.
                            Originally posted by Aitch View Post
                            +1. Maybe by then I'll have my own Z car.
                            This build you see now is my 260... it shouldn't take much longer. Maybe a year or two at most? That's just body-work and sorting out all of the details. As soon as the rear suspension is in it'll be up and running again.

Originally posted by Blenc View Post

My day job is designing stainless steel piping apparatus for the fire truck industry, and waste-water treatment systems. It's rather boring in my opinion, as we work within the customer pre-determined (for the most part) dimensions and specifications, so there's really not of room for creative design. Doing what I do on the side... furniture, firearms, knives, automotive... is what makes me truly happy. I'll post up a few photos of various side projects in a bit
                            SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• Here's a quick sketch of what I have planned for body work. The fenders are somewhat RWB/Liberty Walk-eque, and a large duckbill spoiler supported by two center stanchions. I'm a little bummed that this style is all the rage these days, but I had these same designs drawn in sketchpads back in high school (when I first fell in love with the Z), which was probably 1999-2000 ish?? Oh well, I can't wait:-)

SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• you need to get progress on this, asap. especially after that sketch. love it.
                                E36 Bonnie

Comment

Working...
                                X