• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, this has so much drool content

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• The rear fenders still need additional trimming and welding (to close back up), and the front fenders should start to take shape this weekend if I have some time. I won't get into too many more details, but I'm starting to get excited.

More photos to come. And this time I mean it.
      waiting

Comment

• Good lord

Comment

• i have been lurking from the beginning and, man i'm glad to see it's still alive.

wouldn't even have the balls to build something like this let alone the skills
          please keep us updated , can't wait till the day to see some rolling shots of this beast

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
          "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

• feed us with updates.
            we need

Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG
            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• You do amazing work man. The welding is phenomenal.

Comment

• At this pace I'll be a grandpa by the time this car is finished

Comment

• Some 240z motivation:
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO2y_-vpolA"]Dare to Be Different in a Datsun 240Z[/ame]
                  Last edited by TeckniX; 05-07-2014, 12:22 PM.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• HaHa! You really think you're going to see this done any time soon? I think dude was just looking to "glamour" us with the ridiculous fab work his company does.

Seriously, he's got three open threads that have some tasty stuff in it and as far as we know, none are done! He at least got his "pat on the back".

Comment

• Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
                      HaHa! You really think you're going to see this done any time soon? I think dude was just looking to "glamour" us with the ridiculous fab work his company does.

Seriously, he's got three open threads that have some tasty stuff in it and as far as we know, none are done! He at least got his "pat on the back".

Do you not have a soul, or something?
                      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• I read through the entire thread and was getting the vibe that this thread was dead. Glad to see it still kicking and definitely subbed for updates.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
                          HaHa! You really think you're going to see this done any time soon? I think dude was just looking to "glamour" us with the ridiculous fab work his company does.

I think he's just got a lot to do besides working on this project..
                          I know how it is, got 2 bikes standing in the garage for years now begging for some simple fabrication before completeion, but my daily bike and car takes most of the attention, time and money I've got available

Still, hoping to see some progress here soon! We have proof this project has been brought back when we thought it was dead before

Comment

• LOL! No soul- funny! Naw, just appealing to the "ego" to get him to hit back and then we'll have him in our grasp (evil laugh ensues)!

Comment

• I see what you did there....
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Sorry to leave everyone hanging again... please believe it's never my intention.

To the post regarding me try to glamourize the people with my/our fab work... I post the photos only because people seem to like it. I'm getting emails and PM's constantly to show more... so that's what I've done. I don't get to spend a lot of time working on the car, unfortunately, so these photos are a way for you/the people/whoever cares, to see what's going on with my life... which is what these build threads are all about... at least to me. They're much more than just a collection of photos on how low your car is, but more of a story, or a look into someone's life... which happens to involve a car which may or may not "need more low." That's what actually drew me to this site, and these build pages in the first place. It was a much more laid back atmosphere. It wasn't the typical forum where you have a million 15 year old kids yelling at **** talking at each other. I've been on those forums, and I don't care to deal with it anymore.

I'll admit... my 280 is cut apart and awaiting a full tube frame/suspension and drivetrain. That will be a 10 year project, and I don't have the time, nor the funds to allocate for that right now.

The Rx7 is owned by my good friend, who recently just had a baby. He's also involved in a number of other things which take up a good deal of time. We make custom furniture together, along with the custom automotive parts. These past few months we've made close to 30 custom manifold for Z's. Most are the same, some are quite unique. Regardless, the 7 has been on the road, making 620 to the wheels since 2008. The fiberglass body work continues, but he takes it out sans front fenders, hood and even doors at times. So while it may not be the show car on the front of a magazine just yet, it is used, and holy shit is it enjoyed.

The design and fabrication work that you see is not my day job, but something I do on the side. My 260 is something I'm able to work on when I'm not doing something on the side. I work a 50 hour week designing stainless steel fire truck apparatus. When I'm not working, I'm building turbo kits for various cars, building exhaust systems... the past few months we've made close to 30 intake manifolds for Z's alone. I design and build furniture and do various other woodworking projects. I design and build rifles, knives, and have been working on our new house. The list goes on, and most of it no one would care about.

So... yes, I work on the car when I can, and post photos of the various other car related projects I'm doing as a way to stay in touch. Nothing more. And I hope those of you who have followed this build continue to ask for more.

I'll stop back in later today to post a few photos of what's been going on lately....
                                SENZA PARI

SENZA PARI by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
                                Flickr Album:
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/74953263@N07/

Comment

Working...
                                X