• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks cartoonish....
    i love it

Comment

sweet

Comment

I hope you can do the newer swap into this, cuz this car would be amazing with a newer powerplant.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuatro View Post
          Well the m41 4-speed trannys w/ OD are a little more common so I might try and track down one of those and make it work.
          This is actually a stupidly easy swap, you just need the front driveshaft from a 122 that came optioned with the M41. (I did it in my 122 wagon)

I messaged you a guy's contact, who's fairly local, might have what you need.

Comment

IT LIVES!!! So the journey I had to take to get this thing running again was quite a long one.

I first went up to Portland (2 hours away) to get a used transmission from a guy who had a whole bunch of volvo 240s. Brought the tranny home and drained the old oil (which looked like molasses) and ran some new oil in it by hand, drained and it for new oil in it before reinstalling. After I put it in i drove it around the block and it was sticky getting in and out of gear and after 3 times around the block it exploded trying to get it out of 3rd gear.

SOOO I went up to Portland again to buy ANOTHER transmission. This one shifted a lot smoother but had a bad input bearing. So another $150 dollars later I had another transmission to swap in. Got it swapped and it FINALLY runs.

98' BMW 323is - Daily
            62' Chevy Corvair - Project older balls
            sigpic

Comment

After seeing this. I want one of these!
              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Love these old volvo's! Have a friend with an amazon 62' on 17" American Racing TT2 and I love cruisn around in it on hot summerdays! Your looks awsome!
                BMW e28 528i

Instagram: Krisshansen

Comment

Looks kuul, a lot like Leif's: http://www.bilgalleri.dk/gal_visbil....262&ipc=106131
                  We, the Jalopies, are a club from Denmark, who almost all drive lowered old Amazons, this is (one of) mine, named Annabel:

What are those Civic springs, you're writing about? Need to know more!!
                  -Keep 'em kruzin!
                  Dannerr

Comment

Saw this and thought you'd enjoy

Last edited by Anonymoose; 01-12-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Wow! There have been 2 of these things sitting out in front of this shop near my friends house for years. i have always wondered what they would look like hooked up? Now I know.

I may have to stop and ask about one of them now.

Comment

• Glad to hear it's up and running again. Gorgeous Swedish metal.

Comment

• Such an amazing car

Comment

• Originally posted by BOOGIEBOY View Post
                            Wow!... I may have to stop and ask about one of them now.
                            Do that! I'm told, they are pretty rare in US, but over here (Scandinavia) they still come almost as cheap as VW bug (I've got 6 Amazons!) - and for these, you can still get most of the parts!
                            -Keep 'em kruzin!
                            Dannerr

Comment

• Cuatro dude, you are my IDOL! Any updates of the build?

btw, you said that you're using a honda Civic coil springs for the replacement? May I know from what Civic model u refer to? Coz rite now I'm thinking to drop my 69 Amazon too...

Comment

• I think the OP got rid of this for a corvair? or something like that!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                                X