Dirty's e21 "winter beater"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty's e21 "winter beater"

Hello everyone, I decided even though there's not much going on with it (yet) that I would start my build thread and hopefully get some motivation to get going on his thing! I originally was looking for a winter beater so I could save my bagged xB from destruction this winter. But then I found this..... Yeah I'm still going to drive it this winter, but it's also going to be another project for me I've already dropped it a bit and now I am looking for some 15x8 0 et widened steelies, bassetts, or diamond racing wheels for it. I have some other plans for it that will come in the next few weeks but don't want to reveal everything thats going through my mind quite yet I've found lots of inspiration on here so far! I just hope you guys are cooler on here than on the bimmerforums

The day I picked it up

Gave it a good wash

slightly dropped
    Stay tuned for more very soon!

loving it man i wish i had a nice clean E21

Comment

Thanks! I definitely got lucky with the car. 86,000 original miles. I bought it not running for $1,000 because the girl didn't know what was wrong with it. I towed it home, tinkered with it for a couple of days and found out it was a loose wire on the pickup coil. WIN

Comment

I'm jealous you picked this up and I didn't...

Comment

Hey man your Q is bad ass.... dont be jelly oh and you need to change your avatar with an updated pic of your xB!!

Comment

I need to do a lot of things...

Comment

me too. starting with a new pair of shoes for this thing. oh.... and some gnarly homework

Comment

take the wheels off of your trailer and put it on the bmw

Comment

Originally posted by jrc View Post
                  so this may make me sound like an idiot, but if the bolt pattern is the same, and backspacing fit, would this actually work?

Comment

Originally posted by hamersmt View Post
                    so this may make me sound like an idiot, but if the bolt pattern is the same, and backspacing fit, would this actually work?
                    Probably not, but possibly. Most trailer wheels have little room for brake caliper clearance.

But they possibly could.

Comment

Originally posted by jrc View Post
                      hahaha they would look dope if they would fit. (as ghetto as it sounds). But I'm going to order the bassett d-holes and they're gonna go into paint as soon as they hit my door

Comment

I finally decided against steelies because after shipping they were going to be more than a regular wheel. So I am going to go with the xxr 002's (REAL splits will go on my xB when I buy them, this is just my winter ride) But I think these will look great anyways. I'm going with a 15x9 in the rear with a zero offset on 195/45 (may go with a 205 in the rear if I can find them for a decent price) and a 15x8 in the front with a zero offset on a 195/45. and of course some rolling and pulling. but that's always fun Here's a quickly done photoshop of what I'm going to do to kind of set them apart. what do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                        X