No announcement yet.

Bagging my 07 Impreza 2.5i Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick shot John!! Can you send me a high res version?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Will@BagRiders View Post
      Sick shot John!! Can you send me a high res version?
      Thanks dudeman! I'm adding a few to the NAS right now
      - Call us at: 802 . 735 . 2574 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -

Comment

Finally an update!

Hey all! So I finally got my server back up and running, turned out to be a lot more work than I expected. I restored everything from backup so the images should be working again. In other news, our good friend Cyrus was able to do the tubbing up front which turned out great! For those that were interested, here are some before and after shots.

Before the Tubbing

You can see in these shots where the main problem spots are. I did a lot of preset 1 cruising down at H2Oi

After Tubbing
        Cyrus basically just chopped out the top of the wheelwell and welded in a 1.5" tall "spacer" to the bottom, the same idea as raising strut towers. Without modding the fusebox that's about as high as we could go.

A top-down view of the driver side - sorry I forgot to start taking pictures before putting the fusebox back in...

Tried to get my Droid in there...

Closeup

Underneath...

The passenger side was a lot easier - here's a top down shot

A bit closer - this shot gives a good idea of how much height was added

Underneath

Results!

Here's a closer look of the post-tubbing fitment in the front. Also... Kevin cracked a barrel down at H2Oi (seemed to be a theme this year) - he's been rocking one of Will's 17x10 RS's as a donut on his RS (yo dawg yo... ) - BTW, who let that unbagged Suby in our driveway?!

Another shot...

Fall is in full swing here in Vermont and the colors are absolutely beautiful. Sometime in the next week or so we plan on doing a little photoshoot, so look for that in the stance showroom!

Side note... my next goal.
        With the tubbing done, I have my eyes set on laying subframe - I'm a little over 1/2 inch away when dumped. With my current camber setup in the front, the bottom plate of the bag is sitting in the stretch of the tire. I think if I add more negative camber to the plates and add an equal amount of positive camber to the bolts I should clear up enough room to thread my struts up a bit further. In addition to that, I'm going to top-mount the camber plates in the front. I think with the combination of threading + top mounting, I should get enough drop to hit the ground! Hopefully the wheel will tuck in the fender as the car lowers... it's gonna be close! I really love my fitment right now, but I'm so close to laying subframe I just have to see if I can do it

Thanks so much to everyone that followed this thread and all the kind and encouraging words along the way. There aren't enough words to describe the awesome vibe and incredible community around here. Thanks to the Stance Works crew for providing such a wonderful place for enthusiasts to meet and share their passion.

THANK YOU
        Bag Riders
        Will Fisher (Will@BagRiders)
        Alex 'Rali' Kepchar (Rali@BagRiders)
        Kevin McGovern (SubieRuby / Kevin@BagRiders)
        Taylor Menezes (tstacks)
        Cyrus House
        Brett Hudson
        Last edited by johnrocs; 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM.
        - Call us at: 802 . 735 . 2574 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -

Comment

yeeee buddy....stance showroom feature you say??

Comment

Looks awesome! I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by tstacks View Post
              yeeee buddy....stance showroom feature you say??
              Haha thanks Taylor - I dunno, need to get some NUE's on there first Soon!!

Originally posted by KatieO View Post
              Looks awesome! I love it.
              Thank you Katie! Love your Suby too!! Good luck in the All Ladies Top Scoob!!! (for a great cause I might add) You have my vote!

Comment

This turned out awesome man! Fitment looks really good. Flush as flush can be.

I have one suggestion for you. AccuAir recommends that you place the water trap between the tank and VU4 due to the fact that most of the condensation happens inside of the tank. The air is pretty warm from the compressor as it enters the tank. The air expands and cools down inside of the tank, which is when condensation occurs. Although placing it between the compressor and tank is still somewhat effective, it's a better idea to place it between the tank and valve. That way you are confident that clean, filtered air is entering your valve. Even the smallest debris in your valve could cause a slow leak, and then you'd have to take it all apart and clean it. It just makes for a more hassle-free experience down the road.

Other than that, awesome write-up! Very informative and detailed and shows how DIYable this process really is.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Great work John. Its not as easy as it looks to take detailed pictures while your working. I appreciate your effort. Sick ass wagon.

How is the ride compared to your old strut setup, both freeway balling and in turns?

How about compressor noise, assuming you have the trunk tray and carpet on top, is it noticeable or intrusive in any way?

Anticipating that photoshoot.

Thanks sir.

Comment

Holla!
                    Bagriders

Comment

Good to see you have been brainwashed into the stance game!! Looking very good with that wagon. For some reason, I thought of this song...
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2vWQFHP3D0"]Magnetic Man - I Need Air - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Looks great!! good to see everything coming along. tubbing is always a good thing.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                          This turned out awesome man! Fitment looks really good. Flush as flush can be.

I have one suggestion for you. AccuAir recommends that you place the water trap between the tank and VU4 due to the fact that most of the condensation happens inside of the tank. The air is pretty warm from the compressor as it enters the tank. The air expands and cools down inside of the tank, which is when condensation occurs. Although placing it between the compressor and tank is still somewhat effective, it's a better idea to place it between the tank and valve. That way you are confident that clean, filtered air is entering your valve. Even the smallest debris in your valve could cause a slow leak, and then you'd have to take it all apart and clean it. It just makes for a more hassle-free experience down the road.

Other than that, awesome write-up! Very informative and detailed and shows how DIYable this process really is.
                          Thanks for the kind words & input! I may put in a second water trap before the winter, I know this setup isn't exactly perfect but we all run water traps between the compressor and tank and have yet to have any issues. The drain for the tank is there for this reason exactly though, but I agree it would be better and safer to relocate or add a second water trap between the tank & manifold.

Originally posted by zxert View Post
                          Great work John. Its not as easy as it looks to take detailed pictures while your working. I appreciate your effort. Sick ass wagon.

How is the ride compared to your old strut setup, both freeway balling and in turns?

How about compressor noise, assuming you have the trunk tray and carpet on top, is it noticeable or intrusive in any way?

Anticipating that photoshoot.

Thanks sir.
                          Thank you very much! I --love-- the way the struts handle, it feels much more aggressive and firmer than my old setup. The compressor is a bit on the loud side but I don't really notice it if I'm rockin out. Driving without music however, conversing with a passenger, the compressor can be a bit intrusive. In hindsight I think mounting it to the body was a bad idea even with the additional rubber hose dampening. I'm going to try mounting it to a piece of MDF on rubber standoffs, but I also plan on buying an exo mount for the compressor (those things are awesome!)

Comment

Originally posted by johnrocs View Post
                            but I also plan on buying an exo mount for the compressor (those things are awesome!)
                            good call! the rubber mounting inserts on the EXO mount reduce the compressor noise by 180%

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                              good call! the rubber mounting inserts on the EXO mount reduce the compressor noise by 180%
                              I have the exomount and they are a quiet humming, not instrusive at all while talking really

Comment

Looking into Accuair now, hopefully this month next year I'll be ready. Exo mount looks very nice. I'm flushing a 1994 fleetwood brougham, so plenty of space for the exo in the trunk. Hopefully it will drop to the frame nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X